It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Library Found in Tayos Cave in Ecuador

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
interesting post, it'd surprise me greatly if we actually discover anything genuine about our past as a collective species, but i can dream can't i?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Just because wikipedia say so, its a hoax. First of all I don't need artifacts to make me believe in ancient aliens theory, just like millions of people believes in Moses or Jesus Chris without real artifacts proof.

Second they have been collecting these artifacts since 1930 and of course some are fake but some are real, it seem this ones are real because of elephants and pyramid anway I believe them and haven't spend nothing on them, I spend most of my money on video games and movies, that they are 100% fake and lies.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The following is condensed:

”That Moricz was not the originator of the story was clear, as von Däniken himself noted on page 53 of his book. In the 1973 interview with Der Spiegel, Moricz confirmed that an unnamed person had shown him the cave. But who was this person?”

Moricz died in February 1991.

“After Moricz died, Hall decided to track down this "third man", who had disappeared into the
shadows. Hall had a name—Petronio Jaramillo—but nothing more…”

Petronio Jaramillo was murdered in 1998.

"Even if the library books are made out of gold—though Jaramillo never spoke of gold but of 'metal' (in fact, it seems copper was an ingredient, as Jaramillo had seen a green colour on the books)—there is more gold outside the library than inside. "

"Jaramillo stated that he had entered the library in 1946, when he was 17 years old. He was shown it by an uncle, whose name has gone unrecorded but who was known as "Blanquito Pelado" (a loving description of the man's appearance). He was apparently on friendly terms with the local Shuar population, who invited him to see a secret in gratitude for the kindness and goodness he had shown towards the tribe."

"Jaramillo entered the system at least once after that. On that occasion, he saw a library consisting of thousands of large, metal books stacked on shelves, each with an average weight of about 20 kilograms, each page impressed from one side with ideographs, geometric designs and written inscriptions. "

"There was a second library, consisting of small, hard, smooth, translucent—what seemed to be crystal—tablets, grooved with parallel encrusted channels, stacked on sloping shelves of trestled units covered in gold leaf. "

"There were zoomorphic and human statues (some on heavy column plinths), metal bars of different shapes, as well as sealed "doors"—possibly tombs—covered in mixtures of coloured, semi-precious stones."

"There was a large sarcophagus, sculpted from hard, translucent material, containing the gold-leafed skeleton of a large human being. In short, an incredible treasure, stored away as if hidden in preparation for some upcoming disaster."

"On one occasion, Jaramillo took down seven books from the shelves to study them, but their
weight prevented him from replacing them. It also meant that they were too heavy to remove from the library and reveal to the world. Jaramillo never produced any physical evidence for his claims, which may explain why he wanted to live in the shadows of this story."

"Hall did ask him why he never took photographs. He said that it would not prove anything.
Still, Jaramillo stated that he had left his initials in these seven books so that, if the library were ever discovered, it could be proved that it was he who had entered it."

"The most active Indiana Jones today is Stan Grist, who also knew Juan Moricz as well as his
confidante, Zoltan Czellar, also a good friend of Hall."

"In 2005, Grist wrote: ‘As I write these words, I am in negotiations with the native Shuars who live near the Cueva de los Tayos, whose permission is necessary to enter and explore the area of the caves. I plan to mount an expedition in the coming months to search for the secret entrance to the cave from which the alleged metallic library can be accessed. Many people have entered the cave by the well-known, vertical entrance near the top of the mountain. However, I calculate that it is nearly impossible or is impossible to reach the metallic library through this well-known entrance. The secret entrance is only accessed from underwater!’"

www.colinandrews.net...

edit on 23-7-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by spoor

what, in the excerpt you posted, supports your claim that it is just a hoax?

it has been deigned a hoax because of two factors:

1. Absence of evidence
2. misunderstandings and mistatements by those involved

Moricz was clear about point 2...that he hadn't shown Daniken the actual cave for the sake of expediency. And with the first point....simple logic tells you that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I'm really annoyed with most who have responded to this thread. Most did not read the OP article (which is weak, I grant you). No one has read my posts about the extinct Cuvieronius (elephant) that lived in the Americas 12,000 years ago. They don't read the OP source and they don't read a short thread.

But they're very quick to dismiss something as a hoax.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Maybe there was a translation error, maybe was describing a "play dough" type of texture, like kids make. Who knows. . .well, whatever happens, I'm sure there's five other sides to this story.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Wow. This could be the source! I remember reading that someone started receiving artifacts (westerner) in south america and ask the person where he got of all it.

And he said it was a stash, the golden library. He descried metal books. Wow oh wow. I really hope this ain't bunk. If we hear little to nothing.. then we got something

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Yes, that was a good story of Collins.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I sure hope this pans out to be true i really "dig" discoveries like this.

S&F and following closely.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Tayos Cave is NOT the location of the claimed discovery. Tayos has been explored by at least 2 expeditions and no "metal library" was discovered in either one. The original claimant was Janos "Juan" Moricz. His story changed from having discovered the library to being led there. Petronia Jaramillo was the claimed guide but he never revealed the location of the supposed library. WHo know. It may be true but so far no one else has found it.

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
A literaly unbelievable tale, the artifacts look like they've been created by children....

In what maybe one of the biggest discoveries ever, a team of explorers is claiming that they have found the legendary golden library and other mysterious treasures in the Tayos Cave system in Ecuador. The team announced that they accidentally found some hidden tunnels that were obviously dug out artificially sometime in the ancient past while inside one of the main chambers. The team was able to follow one of these tunnels for approximately ½ mile and came upon a large room containing the golden library and various other treasures.

socyberty.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Fantastic find!
Everytime I see stories like this, it brings out the child in me and how I used to want to be Indiana Jones.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by spoor

what, in the excerpt you posted, supports your claim that it is just a hoax?

it has been deigned a hoax because of two factors:

1. Absence of evidence
2. misunderstandings and mistatements by those involved

Moricz was clear about point 2...that he hadn't shown Daniken the actual cave for the sake of expediency. And with the first point....simple logic tells you that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

I'm really annoyed with most who have responded to this thread. Most did not read the OP article (which is weak, I grant you). No one has read my posts about the extinct Cuvieronius (elephant) that lived in the Americas 12,000 years ago. They don't read the OP source and they don't read a short thread.

But they're very quick to dismiss something as a hoax.

yea i know what you mean, seems you do the same, read that is
your post on page 5 is the same info i posted on page 3.and Kantzveldt on page 1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and it looks as if you copied and pasted part of the article instead of using quotes.
at least i used my own words to give the location.

and i see others who posted what has already been posted.
i think it helps to read posts before you post.
edit on 23-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt
an

Noted previously in several books, 1 by Von Daniken and others in the 1980's.

Look up Father Crespi's golden treasure from tunnels in Ecuador. Published mid to late 1980's. He had a ton of stuff in his possession.

BOOK: GOLD OF THE GODS
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

I hate to be like this, but it happens to be 2012 and all. Maybe finding this is part of the so called changes we're supposed to be getting? What do the artifacts tell us, if anything?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This is a great post..Hope more discoveries are made in the future. Would love to read/hear about real treasure hunting adventures besides movies like National Treasure 1 & 2...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here's something thought provoking
Annunaki supposedly came from Sumeria, which is in the middle east
The "architects" of humans..... - tall story

But.. this is ecuador

Thing is though they found statues of humans, insects and animals.

Sounds almost like the statues part of it was a museum
A museum of what though? Their creation?
LOL, far fetched
Not but really..... lol

I'd like to see pics of these statues, they could be more interesting than the books short-time wise until the books are deciphered
But what if the statues show evolutions of animals, humans etc..

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Trying to find anything in the jungle is literally like trying to find a needle in a haystack , very very hard.
that how, things like the op can get an ounce of credence occaisionally

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If this find is real and as large as they say, then we just found all the ancient banksters hidden stolen wealth.

But really. Silver tarnishes and would not remain for centuries in such a pristine state. I don't care how deep you bury it or what you contain it in. That picture of the king holding his bag of money? (insert loud buzzer noise)

Except for the Nobles group, all metals oxidize.
edit on 23-7-2012 by intrptr because: spelling...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Kanz,
I've always enjoyed your very interesting posts and intellectual comments and opinions on matters archeological.
This, if true, is something I have been waiting for awhile now to find new information.

This book:
www.goldlibrary.com...

...has been out for some years...and gives some background on the rumored Tayos site and early explorations.
Unfortunately, the book, while interesting, was still lacking in any real conclusive proof and/or discovery...and remained within the realm of sensationalism attempting to parade itself as fact (much like crystal skulls).

The plates shown in the article you reference look identical to those often referenced from Fr. Crespi's museum
www.philipcoppens.com...

These enigmatic artifacts have been circulating since Von Daniken...and are still of dubious origin.

Still, I hope this trove has actually been revealed...and this is simply not another attempt at media-inspired sensationalism along the lines of the Baltic Sea Object flap.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

If this is for real and if this isn't just an extended hoax from earlier false alarms I read all about after my first post to this thread, then I believe the Middle East symbolism and apparent Diety figures from antiquity across the world have a very reasonable explanation ...and I await the dating of physical items to be sure. If this has any connection back to what some of the imagery would suggest, then what we all call the Middle East was no more difficult to travel to at the time then it is today. If it's all for real, that won't just be my assumption for too much longer. Exciting times with things like this and Vostok. At least, they have the potential to be very exciting.

Sounds crazy...wild and just out there. However, we'll see if it isn't a hoax and the rest of what is supposed to be there is located.Now I'll he hunting more information on this until something pops.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

Notice the 9 planets then the 10th red planet around the cat on the rights neck
edit on 22-7-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

Ok, think about this for a minute:

* We had 9 planets from 1930 to 2006
* Since 2006 we had 8 planets

BUT.......if we had a spaceship and we did not adopt an arbitrary 2006 ruling on what constitutes a planet then we would know:

* Our solar system has at least 13 planets

So if we only have 9 planets we have to have a 20th century pre 2006 mindset..........I suspect the artifacts are faked.

Beat me to it and kind of nails that line of enquiry for me. The assumption of 9 KNOWN planets does make such things fit within a certain timeline.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join