It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Library Found in Tayos Cave in Ecuador

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Tayos cave and the library are a total lie that has been promoted by various people over the years, each with their own agenda. The whole story started with Petronio Jaramillo. He originally created the story as a fictional novel...
You should do a little independent research of these sort of stories, rather than blindly endorse the BS. It only takes a few mins to see this particular story is a long running hoax, even the name Eric von Daniken pops up

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
When I look at that image, it reminds me of embroidery. The regular background "weave" and the slightly raised areas inside the "stiching" It just doesn't look like it's made of metal to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
The main problem I see is the plate with the pyramid has English letters.
I'm not sure what time period they are trying to link
this to. Also on the second plate the man in the center looks
to be wearing a 19th century Spanish cape with rose like stitching.

reply to post by Kantzveldt

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Awesome find

Take a look at the upper right hand corner of this picture from your source:

It looks like an elephant. I don't think that elephants ever existed in Ecuador so this strengthens my theory that all these ancient civilizations were somehow connected, most likely by Atlantis.

ETA: I'm not saying this is a hoax, but that would help explain the elephants. I'm no expert on oxidation so I can't comment on that aspect of the discussion. If real, then it raises a lot of questions about our history.

Actually, carvings & drawings of an elephant-like animal are found in different parts of Central & South America. These creatures (I will have to look up the name) went extinct about 12,000 years ago.

"...Hancock was intrigued to see the form of an elephant in the complex frieze (at Puma Punku) - for elephants are unknown on the American continent, and there have been no such beasts since about 10,000 BC, when a creature with tusks and trunk, called the Cuvieronius, became extinct."

Page 150 of "From Atlantis to the Sphinx" by Colin Wilson
edit on 23-7-2012 by AuranVector because: to add info

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

Notice the 9 planets then the 10th red planet around the cat on the rights neck
edit on 22-7-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

Ok, think about this for a minute:

* We had 9 planets from 1930 to 2006
* Since 2006 we had 8 planets

BUT.......if we had a spaceship and we did not adopt an arbitrary 2006 ruling on what constitutes a planet then we would know:

* Our solar system has at least 13 planets

So if we only have 9 planets we have to have a 20th century pre 2006 mindset..........I suspect the artifacts are faked.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos40

Very interesting video. As much as I gleen YouTube, I have never come across this before. I wonder if the Sumerian idol was a replica or something original? In the video commentary, they say that all these artifacts disappeared in 1982 after father Crespi passed way. I am led to believe that the Vatican Clearinghouse had something to do with this. They have archives that are not accessible to the public. Why? If after the whole pedophilia controversy the Vatican says they are bankrupt, then why do they still hold to countless paintings, sculputres, artifacts that are worth millions if not billions of dollars? Can someone clarify this for me/us?

I remember a narrator mentioning on "Ancient Aliens" (I know -- NOT the best source) that a tablet had been found in or near Puma Punku that had Sumerian cuneiform on it.

The Peruvian natives have a legend that ALL of humankind was made there and the "Gods" placed the different races in different parts of the world.

This got my attention. Because it's an echo of my belief and the Edgar Cayce readings.

According to Cayce, humankind is NOT the product of natural evolution. We were specially created. All five of the major races (White, Black, Yellow, Brown, and Red) were created at the same time and appeared in different parts of the world at the same time. How can this be? -- unless they were "planted" by the "creator/gods."

Don't be too quick to dismiss this as a hoax. The now extinct elephant is called a Cuvieronius that disappeared from the Americas about 12,000 years ago.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

It was actually found quite some time ago and there are many amazing photos taken of it; I just have to find the link somewhere.......

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Tayos cave and the library are a total lie that has been promoted by various people over the years, each with their own agenda. The whole story started with Petronio Jaramillo. He originally created the story as a fictional novel...
You should do a little independent research of these sort of stories, rather than blindly endorse the BS. It only takes a few mins to see this particular story is a long running hoax, even the name Eric von Daniken pops up

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
reply to post by jude11

Wrong side of the ocean, and the library of Alexandria was not so much lost, as it was burned to the ground with everything inside

The Great Library of Alexandria was attacked, ransacked & burned a number of times. A few times by early Christians and the last time by Muslims. They also killed all the priests & priestesses who were very learned and maintained the library.

The attackers could not risk letting any knowledge seep out that might contradict their own agendas.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I found atlantis a few weeks ago, but i didnt bother taking any pictures.

I need some funding so i can explore it more and buy a camera to picture the lost city. If anyone would like to contribute, or buy any magic beans...please PM me

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER

i have read about Legendre of a great knowledge hidden in caves written into metal and gold that hold the seceret history of the earth.

from what i remember the language was lost and very lttle people can speak it let alone read it,

source of pics

star for op
flag in a bit

xploder
edit on 22-7-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

I recognise those cats....
They are the Gangstar Kats..
Its 2012 they have returned.

gangstarkats.co.cc...

edit on 23-7-2012 by rkingpin because: add new link

On a serious note, you can say the tablet is a warning. It says that when ALL planets are aligned (as in the picture) and the sun is directly over the pyramid shining its light down the centre of the pyramid, it will open a portal to the underworld which is gaurded by the cats, the pyramids are the "gateway" and the sunlight and alignment is the key.
edit on 23-7-2012 by rkingpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

let me get these lies straight , what your saying that they produce fake metal artifacts since the 70's and waiting until 2022 to make a museum of fake artifact, wow almost 50 years in the making. I guessing retiring money and a legacy of lies to their kids.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Originally posted by WanderingThe3rd

Notice the 9 planets then the 10th red planet around the cat on the rights neck
edit on 22-7-2012 by WanderingThe3rd because: (no reason given)

Ok, think about this for a minute:

* We had 9 planets from 1930 to 2006
* Since 2006 we had 8 planets

BUT.......if we had a spaceship and we did not adopt an arbitrary 2006 ruling on what constitutes a planet then we would know:

* Our solar system has at least 13 planets

So if we only have 9 planets we have to have a 20th century pre 2006 mindset..........I suspect the artifacts are faked.

Just came to my mind... who can say for sure that those 9 planets represent our solar system?
Just food for thought ,Cheers!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

whoa, whoa, whoa...what about Sepultura?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just a hoax

The Gold of the Gods The cave was popularized by Erich von Däniken's 1973 book The Gold of the Gods, in which he wrote that Juan Moricz had claimed to have explored Cueva de los Tayos in 1969 and discovered mounds of gold, unusual sculptures and a metallic library. These items were said to be located within artificial tunnels that had been created by a lost civilization with help from extraterrestrial beings. Von Däniken had previously stirred public imagination by suggesting that extraterrestrials were involved in ancient civilizations in his popular book Chariots of the Gods?.

The 1976 Expedition As a result of the claims published in von Däniken’s book, an investigation of Cueva de los Tayos was organized by Stan Hall from Britain in 1976. One of the largest and most expensive cave explorations ever undertaken, the expedition included over a hundred people, including experts in a variety of fields, British and Ecuadorian military personnel, a film crew, and former astronaut Neil Armstrong. The team also included eight experienced British cavers who thoroughly explored the cave and conducted an accurate survey to produce a detailed map of the cave. There was no evidence of Von Däniken’s more exotic claims, although some physical features of the cave did approximate his descriptions and some items of zoological, botanical and archaeological interest were found.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by spoor

what, in the excerpt you posted, supports your claim that it is just a hoax?

it has been deigned a hoax because of two factors:

1. Absence of evidence
2. misunderstandings and mistatements by those involved

Moricz was clear about point 2...that he hadn't shown Daniken the actual cave for the sake of expediency. And with the first point....simple logic tells you that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

That person in the center looks like Baal Hamon and the lady next to him appears to be his wife Tanit. Baal Hamon is the chief deity of the Carthaginians, who were originally a colony of the Phoenicians.

Baal-Hamon

This statue of Baal Hamon is housed at the Bardo Museum in Tunisia. Both images show a man holding a vase.

Tanit

Tanit is wearing a dress and has a crescent moon over her head. Both images have these elements.

The Carthaginians were known to use elephants in the time of war. In 218 B.C. the Punic Carthaginian military commander Hannibal took 37 war elephants with his army when crossing the Pyrenees.

Excellent post! I think you hit the nail right on the head, hoax or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

What is your source that Petronio Jaramillo wrote this as a novel?

Jaramillo was murdered in 1998 when in the process of mounting an expedition to find the library.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This find could change history books, for sure. Really, REALLY hope they come forward with the findings soon. Looking at old pictures is not satisfying at all....

I want to see what they have discovered with REAL PICTURES!

I wonder how long it will take.. This is so exciting!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Here's something that might interest you:

”From Jaramillo, Hall was able to learn the true story of the Tayos library—which was NOT in the Cueva de los Tayos at all…

Jaramillo always said that the entrance was under the river," he said. But that river is not near the Tayos Cave. That river is the Pastaza River…

For anyone who is interested, the location is at 77º 47' 34" west and 1º 56' 00" south. GoogleEarth brings you very close and can satisfy any initial curiosity.

www.colinandrews.net...

edit on 23-7-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join