It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Library Found in Tayos Cave in Ecuador

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
I'd bet good money the Padré has passed away.

You'd win that bet, not that you would have any takers, I would think.

“Two years following our visit to the kindly priest, I returned to Cuenca with Ben Holbrook, our two
young sons, and a pair of Ecuadoran LDS missionaries acting as interpreters. We were greeted by a young
priest, who informed us that Carlos Crespi had passed away in January 1980

Source: PDF

32 years is a long time ago.

Harte

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

That's all you got, Harte? "Yup. He's dead"

Wow. My notoriety as a thread killer lives on...

"Nothing to see here, folks. Move along. Just a crazy old monk."

It'd be great to know their origin.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot
reply to post by Harte

That's all you got, Harte? "Yup. He's dead"

Wow. My notoriety as a thread killer lives on...

"Nothing to see here, folks. Move along. Just a crazy old monk."

It'd be great to know their origin.

Just an acknowledgement of your insight.

Over thirty years late, but I'll still call it insight.

I've already posted what I think of the "metal library" in this thread.

By the evidence we can gather, EVD was never even there:
Here's a link the the somewhat well-known Playboy interview with EVD that indicates he was never even at the cave and had lied about being there and going inside.
Yet he wrote extensively about the cave's contents in his book "The Gold of the Gods," which another poster referenced even after I stated it was bull.

Scroll down to the 5th page of the pdf, it's page 58 of the Playboy magazine the interview appeared in. Look at the text in the top right corner.

Harte
edit on 7/27/2012 by Harte because: fat fingers

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by DARREN1976

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Blaine91555

Shows here the language...
Crespi Collection with Pyramid and Paleo- Hebrew Writing (Hamby Ref. 4)

chapmanresearch.org...

Thank you. Then it's Paleo Hebrew. I thought as much. That puts this cave stuff to bed.

Those objects were likely plunder imported here on a Spanish Ship that had not returned yet to Spain with it's cargo. That was common as voyages lasted for many years and they would visit multiple locations. Probably a Spaniard's stash that was found.

Yes, very iffy, but even if what you say is true about being plunder from the spanish conquistadors.... it is still an intersting find none the less....
edit on 24-7-2012 by DARREN1976 because: spelling...

I agree. Even if what I suggested is the case it's still very interesting.

The cave stuff appears to be a linking of rumors and myths. Perhaps stemming from a confidence person's attempt to acquire funding.

Is that not always the way of it though, half truths, stuff hinted at and twisted stories to aquire funding, thats the way of it my friend, you should know that by now.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Just to help clarify things on the elephants, there were elephant-like creatures that didn't go extinct in South America until roughly 4,000 BC. The two that lived the longest and have been found at other sites are Cuvieronius and Stegomastodon. Both look a lot like what is in the metal and would be shorter elephant-like creatures that they could have lived side by side with.

Gomphothere

It took a little digging to find what species lived there recently, but, me personally, I think that is dead on as to what was put into the tablet.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by deathlord
Just to help clarify things on the elephants, there were elephant-like creatures that didn't go extinct in South America until roughly 4,000 BC. The two that lived the longest and have been found at other sites are Cuvieronius and Stegomastodon. Both look a lot like what is in the metal and would be shorter elephant-like creatures that they could have lived side by side with.

Gomphothere

It took a little digging to find what species lived there recently, but, me personally, I think that is dead on as to what was put into the tablet.

Given the sheer number of people who once lived in South America it's very possible they were hunted to extinction.

The rain forest shows many signs of management practices, so you would think they tried to manage the fauna also. But as we know, even in today's emlightened age there are poachers.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Was the metal heavy?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
A literaly unbelievable tale, the artifacts look like they've been created by children....

yes "literally" unbelievable.

Is this a board made for suckers or diligent researchers?
I thought we were to deny ignorance not just go around posting uncredited sources.

this same website claims that Madonna died in her sleep.
link - authspot.com... -52/

which is a HOAX - www.google.com...

also says Macaulay Culkin is dead.. which he's not... socyberty.com... er-child-actor-gone-bad/

complete BS website. - weekly world news move over.
edit on 7/28/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
How come this treasure was found by a missionary chap? How right is it ethically to steal someone else's treasure?

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Yes, I definitely agree they were hunted to extinction more than natural cause myself. Though that was partially my point is these people were probably hunting them and would make perfect sense for why it would be on the tablet.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
These artifacts have been around for well over 35 years. I remember them from a video i saw a long time ago. Do not remember what it was though.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

The inhabitants of Atlantis influenced North and South America (to it's West) as much as it did Africa and Europe (to it's East).
Atlantis: The Antediluvian World

The Atlantis Blueprint
edit on 29/7/12 by SonOfKal because: Cardinal points mixed-up!! Dyslexia!!

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfKal
reply to post by XPLodER

The inhabitants of Atlantis influenced North and South America (to it's West) as much as it did Africa and Europe (to it's East).
Atlantis: The Antediluvian World

The Atlantis Blueprint
edit on 29/7/12 by SonOfKal because: Cardinal points mixed-up!! Dyslexia!!

What if South America was Atlantis?

A lot of the names of places in SA are either exact or within one letter to the Atlantis stories.

As a theory I think it deserves more study.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
This website seems very credible. I was just reading another article there. It was a hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism.

You guys should check it out too, the title was, "The actual society this challenges folks and exactly why do all of us production all of them?"

Good stuff.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Fascinating find. If it isn't a hoax one wonders what it'll reveal (if it isn't kept from the public).

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
If there were a "like" function to this thread..................I LIKE VERY MUCH!!!

WOW!
Awesome!!!!!!

Also, I don't think this could be fake because............c'mon, who's going to go to the effort and vast expense of making books and tablet out of gold and Silver! According to the source there are literally hundreds of them?

That is some mega coin in today's money to produce "fakes"?
edit on 22-7-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

Back then the only thing they had that would stand the test of time was metal, and since gold and silver was able to be formed into suitable shapes and sizes that may have been why they chose those materials

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dawgishly
This website seems very credible. I was just reading another article there. It was a hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism.

You guys should check it out too, the title was, "The actual society this challenges folks and exactly why do all of us production all of them?"

Good stuff.

I'm thinking English is the second languauge at Socybery.

Marilyn Monroe remained mostly indoors most of the times during her last session before leaving this world. In August five nineteen hundred sixty two receiving the call from the house keeper the doctor of her arrived soon at her residence, her doctor reached at the house and when no one is opening the door the doctor peered the view through the window and saw the actress’s naked body on the bed. Still to date there is no entirely and the convincing account of Marilyn’s death has been established. Then, most flavored reason to this death till to date is accidental overdose is crowded with ridicule, doubts and contradictions

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I think the article is quite interesting. I truley hope this story developes into something for the coming future..

But I mainly posted this because i wanted to tell you AGWSkeptic, that I absolutely love your signature! Lol. That could be a thread itself that could spour conversation for the next 3 months! Lol... Love it buddy!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
in case anyone is interested i found a number of videos about the crespi artifacts (of which the pictures from the op are 2) at this site dailymotion.
these are some amazing artifacts though their provenance seems to be strange.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dawgishly

Good stuff.

I can't believe I almost missed this gem of a post. Stunning use of sarcasm.

I hate reading sentences that make me rub my eyes and reread them. Kind of like "I hate when I all the time"

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join