It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Know About James Eagan Holmes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Ugh , I have to keep making new accounts. i post so little I cant remember my pass
Anyway , The thing about him maybe propping the theater door open ,...we used to try that
when we were kids & if its like the standard exit door at the front ,..If its open even a a hair it lets a very noticeable crack of light in ,I suppose you might be able to do it at midnight , but there would have to be no outside lights whatsoever shining in the doors direction ,..its so dark in a theater that even the faintest light would show through a door open a crack & they would immediately have someone close it..the movies I have been to they seem to check those doors & sure do not like people hanging around them .

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chesterton

I'm thinking there are probably a few scientist types who are feeling rather uneasy at this point also. Reason why UC locked down its website and why Jacobson is backpedaling so furiously. If Jacobson has an "accident" or "heart attack" or "suicides" himself after a month or two....yeah....interesting....

Peace
Namaste

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but he seems to have a Peekyou account
Which appears to have a wealth of info.

www.peekyou.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Good post with solid information. Thank you. One thing stuck out at me, though. You said he was carting nearly 7,000 rounds of ammunition. We know he had an AR-15 and two Glocks in .40 plus a shotgun. The AR-15 was probably chambered in .223 (the most common), but could have been in .308, a considerably larger cartridge.

The point? Ammo is HEAVY! A box of 1,000 of .223 or .40 weighs slighly less than 25 pounds. (I just weighed it myself) So with all this other tactical gear he is supposed to have had with him, 7,000 rounds would weigh close to 200 pounds all by itself. Plus it doesn't make sense anyway. The rounds would have had to be in magazines prior to his attack. It takes awhile to reload a magazine, way too much time, in fact, so my guess is he had a number of full magazines with him. A magazine for an AR-15 would hold thirty rounds. Magazines for a Glock could hold no more than 13-14. (The spring makes it virtually impossible to fill large capacity mags full up.) Plus we have the shotgun to deal with, which has large, bulky ammo.

Conclusion: There is NO WAY he could have showed up at the theater with 7,000 rounds on him. There's also no way he could have had 7,000 rounds in magazines ahead of time. If he loaded his car up with ammo it would have been effectively not available to him.

This is correct. I just weighed it all myself. The poster has no idea what he is talking about.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by schuyler

Yeah.. I thought about that myself. I don't think he had that much on him. I thought he ordered it and just had that much. Or maybe he had it in the car. I thought I saw in one of the original threads that he had several clips, but the AR jammed so he switched. Must have been a cheaper AR, forward assist?

A cheap magazine would be my guess.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nicevillegrl
I don't post a lot but that first picture (the one from high school where he is so "clean-cut") really caught me off guard.

I kept trying to figure out who he looked like? Whether it was someone I went to school with (no, he is too young), someone I taught when I was a high school teacher (possibly, but according to the records, he never lived in my town), or someone famous?

I still can't figure it out but I do find it interesting that so many of us find him familiar-looking.

Then, I come across this other forum post that equates his PhD research with time slips (in a roundabout way). I am very interested in Quantum Physics BUT I don't often jump this far down the rabbit hole this fast...

However... COULD this be a mass "deja vu"? Did this happen before with a different outcome? Was he (Holmes) expecting that this time too there would be a "quantum jump" backward as well, based on some of the research he was doing? (You have to read about that research and other infoin this thread to understand why I am bringing that up: www.abovetopsecret.com...).

Yes, it is very far out but I swear I feel I have seen that guy before - MANY times and often. Frequently enough so that his face looks super-familiar.

Apparently, many others think so as well. Therefore, if we want to consider a huge leap and go out on a limb, the only way SO many people would have seen or known of this guy would be if he was ALREADY famous (or had been) on some level?

OK... I will leave that to those who understand these concepts better but I am definitely interested in what those who ARE more knowledgeable have to say about this...

I thought he looked really familiar as well. Like I had seen him before somewhere, and this isn't the first time I've had this feeling after seeing a pic of someone in the media.

Sometimes I wonder if we aren't exposed to the images of people unknown to us, in a subliminal kind of way and then when things like this happen, the person who is accused seems familiar to us. Possibly, the subliminal images help cement the idea that this person is truly guilty.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Where's the "girlfriend?" Why isn't she on every talk show in America? I wonder what the actual 'persuasion' of Holmes is? If there's any truth to the old saying, " It takes one to know one." Then I'd say the guy is gay, not that it matters. I guess.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

Apparently you missed the fact that I agreed and that I worded my post incorrectly and that I had changed it. Thanks for bringing up my mistake yet again and even stating I don't know what I am talking about.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by -W1LL

We've seen this before in recent shootings.

Lack of gun control in certain states is coming back to bite people in the ***.

More importantly, people not doing well need a social support network. This is true for everybody whether they're a psychopath or not. Everybody needs others for a shoulder and for advice. I don't mean the nanny state, either. I mean actual friends. Reducing crime is a social effort too.

With previous shootings the people who got these weapons and ammo should not have. But with this latest shooting I'm not sure. Does his past indicate he shouldn't have guns/ammo?

But even if his background check passes, he's still buying a huge amount of gear, guns and ammunition. This should put up red flags regardless of his past history, in my opinion.

I think buying this stuff needs more accountability. I'm not anti-guns. Just anti-stupid.
edit on 23-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

"Lack of gun control in certain states is coming back to bite people in the ***."

Chicago has the most stringent gun laws in the country and they are currently the murder capital of the U.S. (who's biting who?)

"Does his past indicate he shouldn't have guns/ammo?"

Please define his past for us. 1 traffic ticket. Working on a PHD. And under current law he should be denied why? Please explain how this could have been predicted.

"This should put up red flags regardless of his past history"

Buying from multiple vendors over months of time, how do you propose to institute such a mechanism? More Patriot Act??????????????????????????????.........id-10-t

Restricting gun ownership from law abiding citizens is idiotic. People bent on killing people will find a way regardless of your laws.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by seamus

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
James Eagan Holmes

James = 5
Eagan = 6
Holmes = 6

Almost like Reagan 666
edit on 23-7-2012 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

No, it's J.E.H., J=10, E=5, H=8

10+5+8=23

The Number 23!!!

I prefer 69.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
Sorry it took so long for me to add the drug use to this situation. I wanted to be sure that it was the case. Apparently it is confirmed that James Holmes did take 100mg of Vicodin 2 and 1/2 hours prior to the event. Source: www.thedenverchannel.com...

Vicodine just makes you....aaaaahhhhhhhh

Is scopalomine detectable?

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I immediately thought he looked to be on '___'. When his eyes bugged out at hi hearing, I expected him to put his hands out in front of him sort of like "how did I get here?" gesture, but he didn't. The time traveling idea, I will go check out that thread. This guy's expressions reminded me of Keanu in Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure every time they traveled to a new place. Weird. Maybe there WAS another person involved and swapped parallels

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

Abstract Datura inoxia belongs to the family of Solanaceae. This is a very common plant in New Caledonia that contains two main toxic alkaloids, l-atropine and l-scopolamine. In this study, we report the case of a 20-year-old male admitted to an Emergency Unit after consumption of 6 dried flowers in hot water for hallucinations, mydriasis, and agitation associated with tachycardia and increase of systolic blood pressure to 180. Full recovery was observed after one week. Three weeks later, a lock of about 80 hairs (200 mg) was collected from the subject in vertex posterior with scissors to be tested for both atropine and scopolamine. After decontamination with dichloromethane, a strand of hair was segmented into three parts, cut into small segments (< 1 mm), incubated overnight in 1 mL pH 8.4 phosphate buffer in the presence of 2.5 ng atropine-d(3), the internal standard, then extracted with 5 mL dichloromethane/isopropanol/n-heptane (50:17:33). The residue was reconstituted in 100 microL of methanol, from which 10 microL was injected into an XTerra MS C18 column (100 x 2.1 mm, 3.5 microm) eluted with a gradient of acetonitrile and formate buffer delivered at a flow rate of 0.2 mL/min. A Quattro Micro triple-quadrupole mass spectrometer (MS) was used for analyses. Ionization was achieved using electrospray in the positive ionization mode. For each compound, detection was related to two daughter ions (atropine: m/z 290.2 to 124.0 and 92.9; atropine-d(3): m/z 293.1 to 127.0 and 92.9; scopolamine: m/z 304.1 to 138.0 and 156.0). Although atropine was never detected (limit of detection = 2 pg/mg), scopolamine was identified in the three segments, in the range 14 to 48 pg/mg. The absence of atropine in hair is consistent with its very low dosage in the flower of Datura inoxia. Hair segmentation indicated that the subject was previously exposed on several occasions to the plant. Liquid chromatography-tandem MS appears to be a necessity for testing tropane alkaloids of the Datura group, given the low concentrations to be measured.

Its a long quote but it works . its an interesting plant

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
James Holmes Mailed Massacre Plans to School Psychiatrist: Report

Full story at link from People.com

Police and FBI agents were called to the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus on Monday after the psychiatrist (who is also a professor at the school) reported receiving a package believed to be from Holmes.

Although that initial package proved to be harmless, a search turned up another package – this one reported to be from Holmes. Upon opening it, a notebook documenting the chilling details of Holmes's planned attack was discovered, according to the Fox report. "There were drawings of what he was going to do in it – drawings and illustrations of the massacre," the source told Fox News.

TMZ is reporting his contact with prostitutes. Not sure what to think about that.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Just a wild idea!!! He was just standing or sitting by his car and all he said to the police was that he was the Joker?
Someone said that the theaters sometimes send in people dressed like the characters in the movie, just for the amusement of the audience.He could have been the Joker character waiting to go on. The shooting had already happened and he was just waiting to go on. Maybe high and had dyed his hair for the part but has anyone said they saw some guy with orange hair that came into the theater? Surely someone would have noticed him? Or it is the spray on dye and not permanent.
He may have came in, then opened the door and let someone else in the exit and been waiting outside for someone to call him in as the joker. The shooter had already done the shooting and left the scene.
They could rigged his apartment earlier. The had him buy guns and ammo.The vanishing room mates?
He was just the patsy.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by copperhead12

Its a good theory. we will have to see how it plays out and what information is drudged up. This is why I started this thread, so we could gather the information and pull it apart. To find out information that is given by the witnesses that is being sloughed off by the authorities and to keep track of the "Official" story.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'm on my phone and new to this so not sure how to quote.. Haha anyways I too have had déjà vu. I swear I have seen the photo of him with the girl before. He also looks like Tom from MySpace in one of the photos. 

Two things
1. Why does that peek thing say he has a twitter? I thought they said he didn't have one? What the heck?

2. Why was he on dating sites if he had a "girlfriend"? Lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i cannot find my post right off... where i cited the U.Colorado Denver Staff psychiatrist who had Homes as a 'case' and whom a 'notebook' was physically sent to her via the University mail room..
and the thought that Holmes was never properly vetted by her as being able to perform the Doctorate Study Program he was receiving a $100k + Grant to pursue

Now, some of thast story is coming to light
news.yahoo.com...
Psychiatrist Called Threat Team About Aurora Shooting Suspect James Holmes

i posted that the UCD was guilty of not vetting Holmes properly..

well i was technically incorrect then...
but i am correct in that the Campus security was warned of the man but the Campus security did not folllow up on Holmes because Holmes was withdrawing from the Study-Grant position....

unfortunately the female Staff psychiatrist's testimony will be protected by the Doctor-Patient wall of secrecy

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I really suspect we only know what TPTB want us to know about Holmes.

I can make a case that Holmes was tagged like a wild animal is out in the wild
so interested parties can detail the actions, places went and lifestyle choices made by the person-of-interest

see i ran across an article that outlined the conflicts in operating systems used by Army Intelligence in collecting data on suspects...from a wide variety of data sources

there's a private company :Palantir

investing.businessweek.com...

Company Overview

Palantir Technologies Inc. offers data integration platforms for integrating, visualizing, and analyzing information. It focuses on protecting privacy and civil liberties. The company offers Palantir Government, a platform for information analysis used in intelligence, defense, financial regulation and oversight, cyber security, and healthcare communities; and Palantir Finance, a platform for analyzing mission-critical data used in hedge funds and financial institutions. Its platforms support various kinds of data, including structured, unstructured, relational, temporal, and geospatial. The company serves financial, commercial, and mission critical organizations in the United States and int...
Detailed Description

100 Hamilton Avenue Suite 300 Palo Alto, CA 94301-1651 United States
Founded in 2003
Phone:650-494-1574
Fax: 650-812-0534
www.palantirtech.com

Let's look at just one aspect of what Palantir does with their highly evolved program...
in this case discovering & compiling a dossier on an individual associated with a terror cell....
one must read the first 4 paragraphs (linked below) to realize just what i mean

source: www.businessweek.com...

Palantir, the War on Terror's Secret Weapon
By Ashlee Vance and Brad Stone on November 22, 2011

SNIP:

An organization like the CIA or FBI can have thousands of different databases, each with its own quirks: financial records, DNA samples, sound samples, video clips, maps, floor plans, human intelligence reports from all over the world. Gluing all that into a coherent whole can take years. Even if that system comes together, it will struggle to handle different types of data—sales records on a spreadsheet, say, plus video surveillance images. What Palantir (pronounced Pal-an-TEER) does, says Avivah Litan, an analyst at Gartner (IT), is “make it really easy to mine these big data sets.” The company’s software pulls off one of the great computer science feats of the era: It combs through all available databases, identifying related pieces of information, and puts everything together in one place.

Depending where you fall on the spectrum between civil liberties absolutism and homeland security lockdown, Palantir’s technology is either creepy or heroic...

here's where i am going with this...
Holmes was awarded a $100k Doctorate Study Grant, paid out by the UCD (denver campus of colorado)...
the whole time of Holmes' Grant, the data mining programs used by Palantir were following this man like a lab-rat-in-a-maze

they carefully compiled all the gun buying, the meds prescribed, the ammo purchases, the body armor, the gas canisters & masks, et al...
the intelligence dossier on J.E. Holmes just needed time to come to fruition... the intelligence program let the Theater shootings happen just so an complete protocol of data mining could be compiled for future use...
and then with guidemarkers in place... future intelligence gathering could have a better idea of just when to step-in

but the Holmes case was a matter of 'hands-off' and just observe...

sure James Holmes was technically 'set-up' in the initial phase...he was an unawares guinea pig
...but no-one knew just what the final outcome would be in a year plus intelligence gathering mission
to both shake down the program and to create a protocol for future intervention...
and to play covert/occult type mind games with subjects & chart their activities, behaviors

have i gone too far with this conspiracy theory angle,,, or does it sound reasonable?

thanks Anon for the star

but here's also what i'm saying...
Holmes was one of six which received a Study Grant... through the NIH (national institute of health) by way of DARPA... who wanted a group to track & study themselves...
wonder just who are the other 5 Grant recipients that are doing Doctorate work on Reality & Brain Research

it could be very well possible that the 6 recipients (now only 5 with the arrest of Holmes) are considered a 'cell' of people-of-interest for the military intelligence tracking program...
i know that IF any of the other Grant award post graduates does anything felonious, that it will be misdirected big time by the intell staff tracking tyhe group to get a baseline for operational procedures going
edit on 4-8-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

So i liked your post so much i googled palantir ....

A palantír (pl. palantíri) is a magical artifact from J. R. R. Tolkien's fantasy legendarium. A palantír (sometimes translated as "Seeing Stone" but literally meaning "Farsighted" or "One that Sees from Afar"; cf. English television) is a spherical stone that functions somewhat like a crystal ball

Connect with DARPA and PSYOPS and bingo, we have a winner.

They were watching James the whole time and now they're watching us.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join