It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What We Know About James Eagan Holmes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

James Eagan Holmes was born on December 13th, 1987 to Robert Holmes, a manager of a software company, and Arlene Holmes, a nurse. His lineage can be traced proudly back to the original Pilgrims and the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Boston, the first American militia. He grew up in a "well to do" neighborhood in San Diego. He played soccer and ran crosscountry at Westview High School, San Diego, CA until his graduation with the Class of 2006. He then attended the University of California at Riverside from the fall of 2006 to the spring of 2010 as an honor student, graduating with a BS in neuroscience. Not being able to find work he chose to attend the University of Colorado-Denver graduate school. He was studying neuroscience in a Ph.D. program, but was in the process of withdrawing. He had an account on Adult Friend Finder which is not a surprise as his neighbors describe him as stand offish and solitary.(account pic below)

His criminal record shows a single ticket for speeding in October of 2011. He attempted to become a member of the private gun club/shooting range Lead Valley Range in Byers, Colo. His application threw up flags with Glenn Rotkovich, owner of the club, and when a phone call was made to set up a face to face a very strange answering message was heard and was described as "His answering machine message was incoherent, just bizarre, really bizarre -- slurring words, but he didn’t sound drunk, just strange -- I could make out “James” somewhere in it.” Employees were told that if Holmes came in he was to be directed to Rotkovich which he never did.

Holmes lived in an apartment at 1690 Paris St. #10, Aurora CO, 80010 which he "booby trapped" with an undisclosed amount of explosives and other traps. With the Smith and Wesson AR 15 semi-automatic Assault Rifle, a Remington Model 870 12-gauge shotgun, and two .40 caliber Glock handguns, a ballistic helmet, a tactical ballistic vest, ballistic leggings, a throat protector, a groin protector, a gas mask, black tactical gloves, and having purchased nearly 7,000 rounds of ammunition he set out to the theater. The guns and ammunition used in the attack had been bought legally, the guns at local gun shops, and the ammunition online.

He had purchased his ticket for the showing online and left out the emergency door about 15 minutes into the showing. Controversy surrounds how he got back in as to whether he propped the door or he had someone open it for him from the inside. Never the less, he entered the theater, threw a gas canister and fired a single round into the ceiling before opening fire on the crowd killing 10 people and wounding up to 71. 2 people died in emergency rooms as a result of their injuries. He then re-exited out the emergency door and calmly waited for the arrival of LEOs.

The 911 call alerting the Police was received at 12:39AM (mountain) 1 minute after the attack began and Officers arrived within 90 seconds of the call and took Holmes into custody without a fight. He was taken to the Arapahoe Detention Center where he continued to display his "Joker" type attitude. Aside from dyeing his hair red it was also found that under his body armor he was also wearing red clothing. Due to the other inmates threats to kill him he has been placed in solitary confinement and is awaiting arraignment on Monday. Both of his parents are in Colorado also awaiting his court appearance. It is believed by the FBI that this was the act of a single person however incoming reports from witnesses state otherwise. The case has been ordered closed to the public.

In the wake of this tragic event this is what Hollywood had to say on the subject.

As the nation tries to process the shooting tragedy in Aurora, Colo., some in Hollywood are saying it is time to take a look within—and better understand their role in creating the images of violence that permeate popular culture.

“I hope it promotes a real dialogue for all of us as Americans,” said Mark Johnson, a veteran producer whose films include The Chronicles of Narnia as well as the television show Breaking Bad. “We talk a lot about our freedoms. Well, with those freedoms comes great responsibility, and we are letting ourselves down.”
www.thedailybeast.com...

A day after the tragic shootings at an Aurora, Colorado movie theater during a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises, Hollywood is still responding. The film’s director, Christopher Nolan, paid tribute to the victims in a statement, while Warner Bros. announced that it will not release official box office information for the film’s opening weekend. Meanwhile, the preeminent box office reporting company in Hollywood announced that it will not release any numbers in tribute to the victims.........
In a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, Warner Bros. announced that it will not release official box office results for the film’s opening weekend in respect to the victims, which included 12 dead and nearly 50 injured. The studio will wait until Monday to release any information on how the film did, rather than releasing information throughout the weekend.
thecelebritycafe.com...
And of course I have to include the statement made by Michael Moore from his blog.

"Having spent much time in the Aurora/Denver/Littleton area over the
years, I am too sad about this most recent tragedy to comment
at the moment, other than to say this:

"I fear anthropologists and historians will look back on us and simply
say we were a violent nation, at home and abroad, but in due time
human decency won out and the violence ceased, but not before
many, many more died and the world had had its fill of us.

"Thoughts, prayers, and whatever comfort can be found for the victims
and their families..." – Michael Moore
michaelmoore.com...

On May 17 2012 a memo released from the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI warned of possible theater attacks on the general public.

There is also some question as to whether the1986 comic Batman: The Dark Knight Returns is related.

Sources:

rumorfix.com...
www.foxnews.com...
www.nydailynews.com...< br />
en.wikipedia.org...
www.thedaily.com...
ucrtoday.ucr.edu...
www.thedailybeast.com...
govtslaves.info...
www.mediabistro.com...

edit on 22-7-2012 by Agarta because: Spelling and fixed wording

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This was a decent comprehensive run down of the person and the events that happened. Well done. I'm not a fan of all the threads popping up related to this subject, but yours was very useful for someone looking for information that covers more than most simple articles do.

Regarding the coincidences of the warning and the drills related to a similar kind of incident. I find that they are merely coincidence as the one was related to the Russian theatre hostage taking, and the other to generic safety drills.

Thread here on drills: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps someone can ask the question, "chicken or the egg" as Holmes most likely spent time online, perhaps a lot of time? Had he seen certain things, it's possible this is what gave him the idea to select the location he did.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
This was a decent comprehensive run down of the person and the events that happened. Well done. I'm not a fan of all the threads popping up related to this subject, but yours was very useful for someone looking for information that covers more than most simple articles do.

Indeed, no nonsense write up on the tragic event.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If the industry wasn't going to release money numbers from opening weekend "in memory of the victims", how do I know it made over $160 million this weekend? Heard it all over the news, online and radio today.

What a joke.....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
any one know if hes a member here like that laughner was,there is somthing not right with the pics of him dont know what though
edit on 22-7-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I think its amazing no one around him saw anything odd enough to confront him about what he was doing. I mean 7,000 rounds of ammunition sent to the same address should have sent up red flags somewhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by CloseEncounter
If the industry wasn't going to release money numbers from opening weekend "in memory of the victims", how do I know it made over $160 million this weekend? Heard it all over the news, online and radio today.

What a joke.....

It wasn't officially released. Essentially, someone on the inside with loose lips:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
any one know if hes a member here,there is somthing not right with the pics of him dont know what though

I've just noticed in the first picture his eyes look brown, and in the second picture his eyes look very blue.

Could be lighting or contacts *shrugs*

edit on 22-7-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Good post with solid information. Thank you. One thing stuck out at me, though. You said he was carting nearly 7,000 rounds of ammunition. We know he had an AR-15 and two Glocks in .40 plus a shotgun. The AR-15 was probably chambered in .223 (the most common), but could have been in .308, a considerably larger cartridge.

The point? Ammo is HEAVY! A box of 1,000 of .223 or .40 weighs slighly less than 25 pounds. (I just weighed it myself) So with all this other tactical gear he is supposed to have had with him, 7,000 rounds would weigh close to 200 pounds all by itself. Plus it doesn't make sense anyway. The rounds would have had to be in magazines prior to his attack. It takes awhile to reload a magazine, way too much time, in fact, so my guess is he had a number of full magazines with him. A magazine for an AR-15 would hold thirty rounds. Magazines for a Glock could hold no more than 13-14. (The spring makes it virtually impossible to fill large capacity mags full up.) Plus we have the shotgun to deal with, which has large, bulky ammo.

Conclusion: There is NO WAY he could have showed up at the theater with 7,000 rounds on him. There's also no way he could have had 7,000 rounds in magazines ahead of time. If he loaded his car up with ammo it would have been effectively not available to him.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

This is true and thank you for making me look at my wording again. He purchased 7,000 rounds but it does not mean he took them all with him. Apparently, he purchased 3,020 rounds of the AR-15's .223 caliber cartridges), multiple magazines, including a 100-round drum magazine so he could keep firing and firing. Reports say he fired many many rounds but as of yet no total is available. There is a report that his AR-15 jammed.

www.examiner.com...

Edit to add: I changed the wording in the Original Post.
edit on 22-7-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
All he had to do is place the cell phone in door way to keep it opened.
Then just picked it up on way back in.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by igor_ats

Originally posted by boncho

Indeed, no nonsense write up on the tragic event.

no nosense? this is all the reports we have from news media and Law enforcement these are not facts, these are need to know's.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
i keep hearing on local news that it was only 6,000 rounds bought on-line

also i hear this morning on talk radio (local) that the Judge that will be on the bench for the arraignment
is allowing a TV camera in the court

that should draw a large TV audience

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Also of notable importance, the car he was driving had Tennessee plates. So at some point in time he was there or had a connection there. I don't see this mentioned often but I find it quite odd. Am I missing something here? Any insight yet on the license plates?

Source:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just saw him on tv at court, he looked to be nodding? and the hair is a bit bizzare, he looks what do ya say? unstable? my see

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
that is interesting good find. i know of two Mil. training school in TN a friend of mine was there for a while for training?

Originally posted by FuzzyNutzs
reply to post by Agarta

Also of notable importance, the car he was driving had Tennessee plates. So at some point in time he was there or had a connection there. I don't see this mentioned often but I find it quite odd. Am I missing something here? Any insight yet on the license plates?

Source:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

cn I ask this question..?.. Is that first image of hime, photoshopped? How is it they find the creepiest images? How is it his hair sticks up as to give you the appearance of the devil with horns at a glance? I feel like its too cliche..

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by my1percent
Just saw him on tv at court, he looked to be nodding? and the hair is a bit bizzare, he looks what do ya say? unstable? my see

I saw him on the news too. It's amazing how much different he looks today versus the pic that's been presented by MSN the past few days.

His behavior in the courtroom was odd , to say the least, lathargic, did seem to be nodding. Either extremly tired or who knows. Without a drug tox report it's anybodys guess.

Something just seems out of place.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FuzzyNutzs

I'm thinking it was a probably rental. No sources or confirmation though; just a hunch...

I've been reading that he may be schizophrenic and his parents knew. Also heard that when the authorities contacted his mother, she waas sure that they got the right guy. Anyone else read/hear this, or have any more details?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I saw he took 100mg Vicodin before doing it.

Also, a neighbor said he saw him smoking pot out back at times.

I still want to know why his beard is so much lighter than his hair.
His eyes look blue in both pictures to me. The first picture is kinda weird, but they still look blue.
edit on 23-7-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join