It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting suspect gun range membership rejected

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Shooting suspect gun range membership rejected

news.yahoo.com

AURORA, Colo. (AP) — Shooting suspect James Holmes applied to join a Colorado gun range last month but never became a member because of his behavior and a "bizarre" message on his voice mail greeting, the range's owner said Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
He applied to be a member at a gun range but was rejected due to a strange recording on his answering machine. This is definitely anecdotal evidence linking his strange behavior leading up to the theater to a psychological 'break' that caused his rampage. Or perhaps it isn't evidence of anything. What 24 year old college student has an answering machine anyway?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
he also said he thought it was odd that Holmes ended his goodbye with "cheers", the guy is quoted saying, "who ends things with cheers, that's weird no one does that"

heard that part on the news but didnt see it in the article

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

English people say cheers at the end of sentences. Of coarse he isn't English but still..

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
he also said he thought it was odd that Holmes ended his goodbye with "cheers", the guy is quoted saying, "who ends things with cheers, that's weird no one does that"

heard that part on the news but didnt see it in the article

People will look to find ANYTHING about someone.

The person who found that odd is an idiot. Period.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Its a good thing he didn't get that membership. That way he couldn't practice, he probably would have learned how to correctly and quickly clear the malfunction of his weapon. If he had his stroke down who knows how many more people would have been killed or injured.
edit on 7/22/1212 by 1MrMarc because: forgot to add something.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I wonder how many people have died if he didn't have an AR-15

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I wonder how many people would have been saved if a few people were packing?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
From the witness testimony it was apparent that the shooter didn't need any practice. He was very efficient, after throwing the smoke grenade and the other grenade he slowly ascended the staircase shooting down each isle with precision. One at the top, he came back down in the same style shooting down the isles. All this with a veil of smoke and pepperspray in the air in addition to wearing the gas mask which probably makes it damn hard to shoot (he shot with tremendous accuracy).

From brainiac lab geek to superbly trained and efficient killer in a day, with seemingly no training. Weird.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I wonder how many people have died if he didn't have an AR-15

I wonder how many people would have died if everyone was armed.

An armed society is a polite society

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
From the witness testimony it was apparent that the shooter didn't need any practice. He was very efficient, after throwing the smoke grenade and the other grenade he slowly ascended the staircase shooting down each isle with precision. One at the top, he came back down in the same style shooting down the isles. All this with a veil of smoke and pepperspray in the air in addition to wearing the gas mask which probably makes it damn hard to shoot (he shot with tremendous accuracy).

From brainiac lab geek to superbly trained and efficient killer in a day, with seemingly no training. Weird.

Who needs a shooting range when you have Nazi Zombies to practice on

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by djr33222

It does seem odd that he would have no problems hitting targets in that level of chaos. Maybe he trained in the mountains or something, but it just seems strange.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Really?

Is that why we've had multiple shooting rampages in the last few years?

If you want to pass out guns like they're candy then you can expect these types of incidents to become daily occurrences.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
reply to post by muse7

At the theater I frequent, they have a no weapons sign posted on the front door. I am a concealed weapons permit holder and it still applies to me. But a long time ago I thought a movie theater or other event would be perfect for a guy like that to do some damage. That thought scared me and that theater is the one place I ignore the sign and pack anyway. I make my fiancee carry hers in her purse as well.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Did the weapons suddenly find a way to fire themselves? Ban guns and knives or something else will be used. Do we really need to rehash this argument over and over? Why do I get the feeling your are trolling for a reaction?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc

reply to post by muse7

At the theater I frequent, they have a no weapons sign posted on the front door. I am a concealed weapons permit holder and it still applies to me. But a long time ago I thought a movie theater or other event would be perfect for a guy like that to do some damage. That thought scared me and that theater is the one place I ignore the sign and pack anyway. I make my fiancee carry hers in her purse as well.

I've had the same thoughts. Dark, crowded theatre, designed to muffle noise, with the audience stadium seated so everyone is a potential target instead of just the front row of people. Difficult to exit quickly. People wouldn't run right away, and people in other theatres wouldn't expect anything. It is the perfect place for something like this.

I ALWAYS carry my gun(s) if I'm going to a public venue or crowded place, but then again I carry my gun 99% of the time anyway.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
reply to post by Doalrite

Really?

Is that why we've had multiple shooting rampages in the last few years?

If you want to pass out guns like they're candy then you can expect these types of incidents to become daily occurrences.

Actually I do wanna pass out guns however I believe that everyone should have to serve in the military for two years in country. Everyone should have to train with them and understand how to protect themselves from them.

So yes I would like to see a gun in every home with people that have EARNED the responsiblilty

Rampages will happen whether you like it or not however giving the tools to society would slow the occurance and limit the danger.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by 1MrMarc

reply to post by muse7

I've had the same thoughts. Dark, crowded theatre, designed to muffle noise, with the audience stadium seated so everyone is a potential target instead of just the front row of people. Difficult to exit quickly. People wouldn't run right away, and people in other theatres wouldn't expect anything. It is the perfect place for something like this.

I ALWAYS carry my gun(s) if I'm going to a public venue or crowded place, but then again I carry my gun 99% of the time anyway.

As you should sir. Thank you for proving to me that I am not the only person who plans for the worst and hopes for the best.
99% of the time nothing bad will happen, but they say the same about condoms too.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
www.pjstar.com...

"Exactly how long the shooting lasted is unclear. Oates said officers were on-scene in less than 90 seconds after the shots were first reported."

Let's assume the shooting inside the movie theater lasted 65 seconds, since one police arrived Holmes was already in his car as if he had been waiting. Therefore in about one minute a novice without a lick of experience shooting live targets enters the theater, (bang) ignites a smoke grenade, (bang) ignites pepperspray grenade, makes his way up the aisle shooting with 50 percent accuracy in a veil of fog (wearing a gas mask), he also comes back down the stairs still shooting. He exits the theater and in less than 50 seconds makes it to his car, calm, collected, and ready to surrender to police.

He wounded or killed a total of around 70 people (moving targets) in 65 seconds under the cover of smoke and half blinded by a gas mask with no experience and made it to his car in less than a minute calm and collected. Weird.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
www.pjstar.com...

"Exactly how long the shooting lasted is unclear. Oates said officers were on-scene in less than 90 seconds after the shots were first reported."

Let's assume the shooting inside the movie theater lasted 65 seconds, since one police arrived Holmes was already in his car as if he had been waiting. Therefore in about one minute a novice without a lick of experience shooting live targets enters the theater, (bang) ignites a smoke grenade, (bang) ignites pepperspray grenade, makes his way up the aisle shooting with 50 percent accuracy in a veil of fog (wearing a gas mask), he also comes back down the stairs still shooting. He exits the theater and in less than 50 seconds makes it to his car, calm, collected, and ready to surrender to police.

He wounded or killed a total of around 70 people (moving targets) in 65 seconds under the cover of smoke and half blinded by a gas mask with no experience and made it to his car in less than a minute calm and collected. Weird.

I understand what is being said, and it is logical. But we are talking about the Bat Man premier. The place was packed, I see it more like shooting fish in a barrel. Average 1 shot per second or two, and how long it took the first person to call 911. This could be pulled off.
edit on 7/22/1212 by 1MrMarc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join