It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldier Michael Behenna Sentenced to 25 yrs in Prison for Shooting Al Qaeda Op

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Did a couple searches and found nothing here on this. This is an updated story of an Army Ranger sitting in prison for killing a bad guy in Iraq he had an prior encounter with. It's pretty clear this Ranger was just doing his job in a situation he shouldn't have been in because of this history. Now he's been denied clemency by a 3-2 decision last week for events that would have likely taken place had he not been there anyway. Another example of political marionettes.

DefendMicheal.Com

edit on 22-7-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This petition need broader exposure.
They should post it on "moveon.org".
I think they may have a special site for petitions.
Also your message should be posted on as many message boards as you can find.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
This is your goverment in action.....send this soldier to Iraq, then imprison him for trying to do his duty.....
There will be justice for people like this someday........things can only get so bad....the pendulum will then start to swing back the other way........I hope those in the drivers seat now are ready to take their medicine when it does.......

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Really......

Did you read the story?? He was acting contrary to his orders to transport this man home. He decided to make an unauthorized detour, and unauthorized interrogation - thus putting himself in an unnecessary situation.

LT Behenna attempted a final field interview of Mansur prior to his release.

During the return of Mansur, Lt. Behenna again questioned the Al Qaeda member for information about other members of the terrorist cell, and financial supporters. During this interrogation, Mansur attacked Lt. Behenna, who killed the terrorist in self-defense. The government subsequently prosecuted Lt. Behenna for premeditated murder.

Wellllll, if I took a detour while transporting somebody whom I hated because of unconfirmed reports that he was complicit in the murder of my fellow soldiers.........

The CAAF basically ruled that Michael made a mistake by taking the terrorist to a culvert for an unauthorized interrogation and in the process gave up any right to defend himself no matter what happened in the culvert (note that no police officer in America loses their right to defend themselves in similar situations.)

He did... He made a mistake.... And if a police officer had handcuffed me with no charges, and took me into a drainage ditch, and I attacked him because I felt threatened, I think the cop would face charges for shooting me. At least, in a fair justice system he would.

The entire story is skewed. Don't act like he got 25 yrs for "doing his job".
edit on 25-7-2012 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join