It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Girl Gets Sexually Assaulted, Tweets About It And May Land In Jail

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Frustrated by what she felt was a lenient plea bargain for two teens who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting her and circulating pictures of the incident, a Louisville 17-year-old lashed out on Twitter.

“There you go, lock me up,” Savannah Dietrich tweeted, as she named the boys who she said sexually assaulted her. “I’m not protecting anyone that made my life a living Hell.”

Now, Dietrich is facing a potential jail sentence
because they say that in naming her attackers

“I’m at the point, that if I have to go to jail for my rights, I will do it,” she said. “If they really feel it’s necessary to throw me in jail for talking about what happened to me ... as opposed to throwing these boys in jail for what they did to me, then I don’t understand justice.”

www.courier-journal.com...

More detailed

The boys pleaded guilty on June 26 to first-degree sexual abuse and misdemeanor voyeurism. Dietrich says she was unaware of a plea agreement until just before it was announced in court.
She could not say what the proposed punishment was because of the court order, but said she feels like it was a slap on the wrist.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

This story is pretty sad indeed
Of course we don't know what the slap on the wrist was it's still pretty sad

But I don't understand, don't the rapists have to be registered as sex offenders anyhow?

To be honest whatever the slap on the wrist is i'm sure it's not enough at the end of the day
It's sad to see victims not see justice

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Good for her. And when someone stands up and challenges the corruption of the system, she's doing her bit. Now, make sure enough citizens are very clearly behind her, making a huge stink and serving and protecting so she is not martyred by the assinine system. PERIOD.

I mean hard ball anyone???

You know the politicians and judges are corrupt beings. Pass a hat and hire some investigators to NAIL THEIR BUTTSIDES TO THE WALLS.

That is how all people should have been treating this corrupt all along.

No court or judge would ever silence me either, I'd buy a bullhorn for the occasion and point out that that person was violating their oath, and their contract of trust with me as their employer and that I was already a sovereign being with infinite rights, PERIOD, I didn't have to play their language games, their stand and sit down games, to not be under corporate law for corporate law WAS ILLEGAL.
edit on 22-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

S/F for a great catch on this outrage. I'd just finished reading this when I came across the new post here about a gag order on all material relating to the Colorado Shooting case. Here we go again..... Yikes.. This case shows just what a gag order actually means in the U.S. Criminal Justice System. Even the victim can't say Boo about what was seen, said or happened in the case.

These kinds of deals out to be outlawed entirely. If ANYTHING...perhaps very clear circumstances outlined well in advance and still, every gag having an expiration date. Every last one of them. (Even kid cases. All of them. Even kids eventually turn 18. There is the expiration date)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

But I don't understand, don't the rapists have to be registered as sex offenders anyhow?

Probably so, but if they are minors/juveniles, the actual details might not be a matter of public record.

Don't take that the wrong way, because as far as I'm concerned, she should be able to say whatever the hell she wants about them.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I came across this earlier today. I completely agree with this young lady and it shines some more hope on our society that she is standing up for herself despite prosecution. Those "insert expletive here" assaulted her in a very horrendous way and traumatized her. Those boys/men should have been charged as adults and given a nice stern sentence to make it clear to them the severity of their actions.

The only thing a slap on the wrist plea deal is going to teach them is that what they did to this young woman was not serious. I believe any crime of a sexual nature is serious and should be treated as such.

Good for you Ms. Dietrich for sticking to your principals.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
It's called innocent until proven guilty, and tweeting about something when all somebody has is just claims about is libel. Women have always cried rape on men, so why should I believe any woman's claim of rape? Contrary to popular belief, women are not more honest than men by virtue of being women. Far too many women are manipulative liars who will use claims of rape frivolously to gain control over men.

But those boys pleaded guilty.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

So what was the use of the rest of your post???

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Pardon me, but this whole speel about innocent until proven guilty might sit in a lawyers mind, but if I, my child, or anyone I knew was a victim of a crime, come hell and high waters, even if they threaten to blow up the universe, nothing would ever prevent me from making darn certain everyone knew and who the perp was too! I don't stand under nonsense.

And far more women are ever raped than ever come forth, just for you information.

The lawyers serve me too. The whole system serves me as employer and I don't stand under corrupt fools.
edit on 22-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I was just about to go to sleep
Then I thought about something and wanted to post it

You say women cry rape when that wasn't the case?

It's actually the opposite, women get raped but stay silent
Because they don't want their parents to know because how uncomfortable it would be
They wouldn't want the general public to know that they got raped, ESPECIALLY at this young teen's age

Just so you know

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
A civil lawsuit would be better than tweets. Once they have pled guilty in a criminal court, getting a civil judgement should almost be guaranteed.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I was just getting ready to post this same article.

Can you believe this? What is going on in our legal system where the rights of a rapist outweigh the rights of the victims? Now I can understand how this girl shares some responsibility in what happened to her, she put herself in a dangerous situation and something bad happened to her as a result. That being said, rape is rape. These two young men who raped her, videotaped it, then showed it to their friends deserve jail time! They deserve to go to jail, they deserve to serve time, and they earned the right to register as sex offenders for what they have done.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
It's called innocent until proven guilty, and tweeting about something when all somebody has is just claims about is libel. Women have always cried rape on men, so why should I believe any woman's claim of rape? Contrary to popular belief, women are not more honest than men by virtue of being women. Far too many women are manipulative liars who will use claims of rape frivolously to gain control over men.

These boys had no choice but to plead guilty! Did you even read the article? They took pictures and then showed those pictures to friends.

Dietrich was assaulted by the pair after passing out at a party. They later shared photos of the assault with friends.

It's a little tough to plead not guilty when you took pictures. So how does anything you are saying have to do with this case? There is no "claim" of rape. It is not their word against her word. It happened, they took pictures, and they admit it happened.

This is not a case of innocent until proven guilty- they already admitted guilt.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What absolute nonsense. If you sexually assault someone they should be allowed to scream your name from the rooftops. Good on this young lady. Those little jackasses should get the book thrown at them.

Very impressed with this gal and her parents.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Shame we'll never know how lenient the plea bargain is.

Would've been better this way alongside the names so ppl can see just how much they got let off. That information wasn't prohibited legally unlike the identity of the guilty parties afaik.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by igor_ats

Ya that's so true
I think rape is too severe to not be registered even if you are not an adult yet

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ive had a woman claim i raped her before. Hell she was the one that wanted sex. But you say this neverhappens. Hmmm

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
i gotta tell this is never ok

but at some point you have to be responsible for what you do

so what the hell is this girl doing passing out at a party

again it doesnt give the guys the right at all

but you have to be frikin smarter

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

One has nothing to do with the other. And also, many teens and young adults have done that, they don't metabolize alcohol well as teens, and thank goodness in my youth for being able to phone my parents anytime, and even have my mother drive out in the middle of the night 30 miles to pick me up. Thankfully, those days quickly were learnt and not repeated, but some are so afraid of being in trouble they don't phone home.

And lots of guys at parties like to slip pretty girls strong drinks.

The one is just a typical growing pain, and usually means you're too shy to phone home and don't have unconditional love at home, or can't trust that you do, because some teens and young adults may really be suprised that yes mom is cranky at picking you up, but usually not willing to give you tarpaper as they want you to never ever hesitate and call again if in need. Many many kids are in this situation or a similar one.

Rape is rape no matter what. Apples and oranges.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

i 100% agree

but still if your not there drinking so much that you frikin pass out

you dont get raped

so again ill say you have to be smarter
edit on 23-7-2012 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

So if kids are perfect and never party? Really? They do! Yet no matter what, anyone raping, assualting and killing and taking advantage of anyone else is still a criminal.

And given a choice between the freedoms of growing up and our culture and some repressive ones...... Enough said.

I never judge anyone, or youths. I grew up in that culture, and it wasnt as much as the Dutch one, like my immigrant girfriend. There the legal age is 16, but they all go to the discos and dance by 12.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join