It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame the shooter, not the gun

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Point it out all you want they wont listen theyre probably too busy in their back gardens dual wielding assault rifles, firing into the air while screaming

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by phroziac

Yep.

But really, the main culprit is as always handguns.

Ah, handguns, like the four i own? Which i carry on a daily basis and have never shot anyone? Which would be nice to have incase of being attacked by a mountain lion, whereas id look like a lunatic walking around with a shotgun everywhere?

You want to ban them? What if i use a hacksaw to cut the stock and barrel on a shotgun.......hmm...

So yet again, youll deprive me of my right to defense, yet do nothing to help crime.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So you cant look after yourself an dont feel safe unless your carrying four handguns? Good god

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

So you cant look after yourself an dont feel safe unless your carrying four handguns? Good god

It's called Little Man Syndrome, where they don't feel safe unless they are carrying a firearm. That or Big Man Syndrome, where carrying a gun makes them feel big and tough. Take your pick.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolerAbdullah786
No, I am going to blame the shooter AND the gun. There is absolutely no reason someone needs an automatic assault rifle and all that ammunition. Just like Jared Loughner.

Automatic assault rifles are basically banned in the us and are just about impossible to get....this guy had a semi automatic. Which shoots once per trigger pull. Infact a shotgun would work better than an assault rifle at killing people.

Ammo? i make my own. Should that be illegal too? Ammo is very expensive. I buy it in cases of 500 rounds because its cheaper that way. Should that be illegal? Infact if i can make my own ammo, umm..

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Yep, those. They should be banned and taken away from you, before they become part of the half a million a year stolen.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wongbeedman

Did i say i carry four? I dont, damn lol. I own four, carry one at a time. I work in very dangerous places. And i collect guns and target shoot and guess what? Nevermind, i shouldnt have wasted my time talking to you people

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

Yep, those. They should be banned and taken away from you, before they become part of the half a million a year stolen.

Yeah, cause criminals follow the law. Right?
edit on 23-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Umm... that response didn't make any sense.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well, apart from the shooter, I think it's important to also blame government regulations...because whether or not you like people to have guns, allowing them to have guns WITHOUT BACKGROUND CHECKS IS CRAZY!!! In fact, it's as crazy as giving a baby zyanide pills to play with...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Why is it that when someone uses a gun for violence we have to ban all guns from everyone, but when an islamic suicide bomber kills in the name of his " god" we can't even mention what religion they are without being anti islamic?

I think we should just have at eachother and see who is left standing, then I will remake the world in my image. not like any of us could do any worse of a job than they are right now.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Has anybody questioned the admins to find out if the "shooter" was a regular poster here on ATS?
Everyone is struggling to find a reason he did this, and if he was a poster here, he might have indicated his state of mind on many of his posts.

I'm not saying he did post here, I'm just wondering if anybody knows if he was??

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

You are wasting good air on these trolls, let us join in somwhat intelligent discourse on the subject. If everyone in the theater had a gun this guy woulda died of lead poisoning. Assuring your personal protection is just good judgment. This is not now, nor will it ever be a perfect world , so packing heat is your best defense against... well I can think of thousands of reasons to have one, it is the reasons you can't anticipate that you carry it. I mean if you knew X was going to happen at X time sure only take it at X times, but that isn't reality.

Also what kind of douche bag thinks taking legal guns from people are the answer to illegal acts?

I bet we will find out as soon as they post about it.
edit on 23-7-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RedDogJT

I very much dolubt he was a member here, or it would haved been all over the front page. Also, I don't think I remember seeing a op about it. Honestly any good ATSer would have at least posted an op first. Ok not funny I know. Seriously though, very few people can go this overboard without leaving his rants to friends online boards before hand.it is very rare that somthing like this happens without a history of talking about it before hand.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
So then "the Shooter" could have easily carried out just as deadly an attack with a baseball bat??

Your IGNORANCE makes me SICK. I barf in your mouth.

Dont worry, they wont have to pry the gun from your cold dead hand, When the bombs drop, you wont even make it to your useless #ing gun. And thats a fact you can suck on. Stupid Rednecks. Youll get what you deserve.

No he couldn't...a baseball bat isn't nearly as effective. If he has a gun, I personally probably can't do anything against him...if he has a baseball bat he's gonna be bleeding on the floor within a minute because I can disarm him easily.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join