It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame the shooter, not the gun

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

I never said anything about gun ownership, it's the readily availability of assault rifles and high capacity magazines that's the problem.

I think every Citizen should be allowed a handgun for self defense and home protection.

But M4's and AR15's? ban and make them illegal to own.

Why do you have a big problem with imposing more laws, restrictions and background checks?
edit on 7/23/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Is it? Is that the problem? Or was it a lack of observation and mental assessment by those around to spot and report a potential problem developing.

What we need in this country is proper care for the mentally ill - attention to detail - not a knee jerk reactionary solution which will actually cause more problems.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Guns don't kill people. Neither do people kill people. It's the bullets. They should ban all bullets. Rather, only allow "blanks" to be manufactured and sold.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Gun control is pointless, just giving more power the those that manage to get their hands on guns police, wackos etc. If everyone in the theatre had a gun, that one wacko guy with a gun wouldnt have stood a chance and most likely far fewer fatalities assuming every would know how to properly use a gun.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Lol, the irony of "protection of life and liberty" by using an implement thats sole reason for being is to kill everything it's pointed at. Don't you see the complete stupidity behind your reasoning, that you MUST have a firearm, in order to let people live?

And this, people, is why America will fall. Thankfully I don't live there.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I blame the shooters controllers, you know, those who run covert ops like MK Ultra.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

It's pretty obvious that other societies can, by and large, deal with fire arms sensibly. America can not. IT's a shame that the good guys are affected by the bad, but laws have to be for society, not individuals.

Every day 225 people are SHOT in America. Of those about 80 die.

Only about 10% of families in America are involved in hunting.

About 25% of people own a gun, translating to about 50% of households.

About 50% of all guns taken off of felons are either purchased legally or borrowed from friends/family.

Close to half a million guns are stolen every year.

But

Close to 20% of all gun crime is committed by the legal owners of the guns.

America is not capable of being responsible with guns.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Guns dont kill people, rappers do, i seen it on a documentary on BBC 2

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

Its literally just the americans trying to defend it. Americas way too immature, they havent even grown to accept gay people yet. Actually most of them dont even like theyre own native colonies, they never realise if it wasnt for us british theyd all be native indian or mexican.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

the preliminary information coming out is that the shooter took weeks of planning and receiving shipments of merchandise used in his attack. He also set several booby-traps in his apartment, but warned the police upon his capture that there were bombs present ...
was that a challenge to the cops to find the bombs before triggering them off... or what

it is turning out (at least on the surface) that he is a psychopath who identifies with the nemesis of the comicbook 'Batman' known as 'Joker'...perhaps his reality is truly twisted, maybe this is a ruse, that is what will be found out in the courts.

(the Judge approved a TV camera in court for the arraignment)

Arraignment - Wikipedia,
Arraignment is a formal reading of a criminal complaint in the presence of the defendant to inform the defendant of the charges against him or her. ......
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/arraignment

edit on 23-7-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wongbeedman

Hey, don't lump us criminals in with you British! You tried getting rid of us a couple of hundred years ago and it turns out we got the better weather, better looking women, better country, and better dentists!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

You an aussie? Haha i dont see why we didnt go somewhere nice and just leave everyone here!
Yeah you guys definitely got the good deal.
Was like "hey how about we give all them convicts a nice holiday they can have bbqs an all!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The other day I was considering the phrase "Guns don't kill people; people do."

Then I told myself, that that is biased towards guns.

"Guns make it easier for people to kill people" seems to be a better way to put it.

That said, a fully armed neighborhood is much less likely to appeal to robbers and burglars, and if a town existed with citizens all carrying concealed weapons and trained to use them, I would expect much less crime there too.

So, I agree with you. Just like the government would love for us all to be unarmed, so they can show us how much of a criminal group they really are, everyday people bet on people not being able to fight back, just like rapists do.

The only way to secure your life in any situation, is to be protected. The more that you yourself can do that, the better.

A bullet can stop a madman in under a second. How long does it take for the cops to get there, and how many people might die in the meantime?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2

Lol, the irony of "protection of life and liberty" by using an implement thats sole reason for being is to kill everything it's pointed at. Don't you see the complete stupidity behind your reasoning, that you MUST have a firearm, in order to let people live?

Irony? Obviously you dont know what the concept of self defence is. There are plenty of criminals that have no regard for your life. Cops aren't obligated to protect you. You must protect yourself. I'm always dumbfounded by people like you who apparently have no sense of self preservation, preaching to me about how I should protect my life.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Ok guns kill people, we all know that for a gun to kill someone a person has to use it. But why when we know that there are so many mad people out there do we let such powerful guns into there hands, who needs to own so many guns, who need so much amo ( 6000 ) who needs a mag that can take a 100 rounds. Its almost as if the gun s are been given to the mad men. By wanting to keep your right to carry guns you are giving guns to mad men. Just something to think about

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Switzerland's crime rate is 18%
The US' is 21%
UK is 26%

www.nationmaster.com...
www.nationmaster.com...
www.nationmaster.com...

However the US ranks No 1 in murders with firearms, No 3 in murders committed by youth and is ranked 7th in the world for gun-homicides, behind countries like, Columbia and Zimbabwe.

www.nationmaster.com...

Of course the US has 88 guns per 100 people, Switzerland has 46 and the UK has 6.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
i wonder what our hot topic would be today...if every one keeps talking about it the poor wack job wont get a fair hearing,,he says he didnt do it it was the riddler...i thank this is why some animals eat there young...take away my guns because of what the riddler did lmfao have a good day

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Here is my two cents,

While I don't think guns need to be taken away, I do think that certain things should be, a 100 round drum is not something the general population should have access to. People have the right to guns for defense and hunting, this is a shotgun, rifle, or handgun, not equipment capable of mowing down a crowed of movie goers. Like a lot of other people when I heard about all the equipment this guy bought around the same time makes me wonder why it did not trip some kind of alarm or investigation.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2

Irony? Obviously you dont know what the concept of self defence is. There are plenty of criminals that have no regard for your life. Cops aren't obligated to protect you. You must protect yourself. I'm always dumbfounded by people like you who apparently have no sense of self preservation, preaching to me about how I should protect my life.

Yep! Hit the nail on the head first go! Because we ignorant convict Australians wouldn't know heads or tails of what the concept of ANYTHING is in this day or age. We just go along with the "She'll be right!" attitude, without thinking of anything but how long it is until it's beer o'clock..............

And of course I have no idea about self preservation! Why would I? The fact that it looks like I have beaten Cancer means I went through Chemo and Radiation for fun, and a few battlescars that I can show off to the sheila's down the pub when beer o'clock hits!!!

Remind me when a firefight erupts, to be nowhere near you, because if your shooting skills are the same as your assumption skills, you will be WAY off the mark, and I'll most likely be hit by the crossfire.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Ah, lets ban assault rifles right? I have a 6 shot pump action 12 gauge shotgun that can be fan fired. 00 buckshot contains approximately 35 caliber pellets. 9 of them on each shell. on my gun you can pull the trigger and pump rapidly. 54 projectiles in about 3 seconds. An ar15 cant do that without a 100 round drum. And you can swap 30 round magazines faster anyway.

So.....wtf? Do we ban shotguns too?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join