It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Warns of TV Hijacking

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Syria Warns of TV Hijacking

en.rian.ru

Syrian state news agency SANA said on Sunday that unspecified Western intelligence agencies plan to hijack local satellite television channels to broadcast misinformation.

False reports are to include news of defections, rebels capturing cities across the country and even coups d’état, SANA said, citing a source at the Syrian Information Ministry.

The news are supposed to be broadcasted by Syrian journalists working outside the country who will be pressured into delivering false reports, the agency said.

“Arab parties” are expected be aiding Western spies in their information a
(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
As most of us know war isn't only fought with guns, the media is also a very important weapon during war time, especially for propaganda purposes.

I wonder which Western intelligence agencies plan on doing this, my guess is England or the United States. Various pro Assad websites have fallen victim to hacker attacks already so I wonder if Syria will be able to thwart these attempts to hijack their signal.

This could also be a propaganda tactic being used by Assad so there is no way to know for sure.

en.rian.ru

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

As most of us know war isn't only fought with guns, the media is also a very important weapon during war time, especially for propaganda purposes.

I wonder which Western intelligence agencies plan on doing this, my guess is England or the United States. Various pro Assad websites have fallen victim to hacker attacks already so I wonder if Syria will be able to thwart these attempts to hijack their signal.

This could also be a propaganda tactic being used by Assad so there is no way to know for sure.

en.rian.ru

This is DEFINITELY a premptive propaganda tactic by Assad...The devil knows the game will be up soon...and he knows the end is near. Obviously he wants the fighting to continue...even if he knows he probably won't be able to see or direct it while cowardly hiding in his rat hole.
Bye-bye Assad; get ready to say hello to Kadhafi and Hussein in Hell!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

This is DEFINITELY a premptive propaganda tactic by Assad...The devil knows the game will be up soon...and he knows the end is near. Obviously he wants the fighting to continue...even if he knows he probably won't be able to see or direct it while cowardly hiding in his rat hole.
Bye-bye Assad; get ready to say hello to Kadhafi and Hussein in Hell!

It possibly could be a propaganda tactic on Assad's behalf, but it could also be that he has come across credible information indicating this "hijacking" will happen.

I think it's obvious that Assad will not remain in power much longer, Syria is falling apart, including his entourage so his days are numbered.

I'm not a fan of dictators but just think what he will most likely be replaced with...look at Egypt and Libya...they were better off under their last dictators.

IMO Gaddafi wasn't that bad.

Did you see what they did to Gaddafi? I wouldn't wish that upon my worse enemy. If he does get caught I would expect a fair trial (if such a thing exists).

As for Assad he is more ruthless and I will probably not shed a tear if he dies.

I believe our views on the Syrian situation differ judging by the tone of your post, but that's okay people are allowed to have their own opinions. It just seems you may be pro FSA or anti Assad. I don't consider myself to be neither.

I just wish the West would mind it's own business and keep it's nose out of the ME.

Sorry if this post is all over the place I'm just really tired.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I understand your points...and thank you for responding.
My tone?...Well, yes, I suppose it shows anger and passion behind it; I have a great deal of sympathy and empathy for those poor fellow human beings having their families machine-gunned in their homes by Assad's death squads.

Yes, I AM a Westerner,...but, more importantly, I am a human being...and, as such, it IS my "business" when innocents are slaughtered by such an evil regime; it should be ALL of our business (Westerner or otherwise).

True, especially as a Westerner, there is very little I can personally do to influence positive outcome...and frustration is a byproduct of that frustration. However, we are still able and allowed to feel disgust at injustice and some measuure of encouragement when good finally begins to triumph over evil.

ALL politics (geopolitical or otherwise) play little into my thoughts and feelings regarding the murder of the innocent by this thoroughly evil man and his regime machine.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This looks like reverse propaganda so I don't know who to believe. But the United States has admitted to supplying technical support to the FSA so this theory is highly plausible, but it would also be smart of Assad to make this announcement to portray the illusion of still being in power when he is really losing control.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm surprised this hasn't already happened.

I would be pretty peeved is this happened in the middle of my favourite show

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Lucky syrians
Wish they hijacked the TV stations in US. Too many crappy programs and news

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This my friends is what is known as the double bluff. Assad's regime realise that this is likely to be true information in the near future, so have protected themselves by saying they will say this early and that it will all be lies.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
It possibly could be a propaganda tactic on Assad's behalf,

Assad is a puppet
Even if Assad is behind it Washington is..... still behind it!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
According to Thierry Meyssan this is pretty normal. In the source page listed below he also details that it has been going on for a little while now in Syria. Very plausable in my eyes as thats just the way TPTB like to work, devide and conquor

In a few days, perhaps as early as Friday, June 15, at noon, the Syrians wanting to watch their national TV stations will see them replaced on their screens by TV programs created by the CIA. Studio-shot images will show massacres that are blamed on the Syrian Government, people demonstrating, ministers and generals resigning from their posts, President Al-Assad fleeing, the rebels gathering in the big city centers, and a new government installing itself in the presidential palace.

The Arab League has officially asked the satellite operators Arabsat and Nilesat to stop broadcasting Syrian media, either public or private (Syria TV, Al-Ekbariya, Ad-Dounia, Cham TV, etc.) A precedent already exists because the Arab League had managed to censure Libyan TV in order to keep the leaders of the Jamahiriya from communicating with their people.

• In 1994, a pop music station named “Free Radio of the Thousand Hills” (RTML) gave the signal for genocide in Rwanda with the cry, “Kill the cockroaches!”
• In 2001, NATO used the media to impose an interpretation of the 9/11 attacks and to justify its own aggression against Afghanistan and Iraq. At that time already, it was Ben Rhodes who had been commissioned by the Bush administration to concoct the Kean/Hamilton Commission report on the attacks.
• In 2002, the CIA used five TV channels (Televen, Globovision, ValeTV and CMT) to make the public in Venezuela believe that phantom demonstrators had captured the elected president, Hugo Chávez, forcing him to resign. In reality he was the victim of a military coup d’etat.
• In 2011, France 24 served as information ministry for the Libyan CNT, according to a signed contract. During the battle of Tripoli, NATO produced fake studio films, then transmitted them via Al-Jazeera and Al-Arabiya, showing phantom images of Libyan rebels on the central square of the capital city, while in reality they were still far away. As a consequence, the inhabitants of Tripoli were persuaded that the war was lost and gave up all resistance.

Source
edit on 23-7-2012 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
We know how you feel, Syria. Our media was hijacked decades ago.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

The devil knows the game will be up soon...and he knows the end is near

So Assad is a Devil but the western terrorists aren't and here we have another of those users who could see into the future eh?

He knows the end is near? isnt that what you have been for months now?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Rabbi4Peace

but it would also be smart of Assad to make this announcement to portray the illusion of still being in power when he is really losing control.

Assad isn't losing control.
It seems to me we have more desperate rebel supporters proclaiming that Assad knows this the end or that to portray the illusion of still being in power when he is really losing control. without understanding the topic.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by IAMTAT

The devil knows the game will be up soon...and he knows the end is near

So Assad is a Devil but the western terrorists aren't and here we have another of those users who could see into the future eh?

He knows the end is near? isnt that what you have been for months now?

Yes, Assad OBVIOUSLY is a devil. No question; Body Count: 17,000+ innocent Syrians...and growing each day.
One doesn't need to be clairvoyant to see that his regime is on the verge of collapse.
Open your eyes, friend.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I read this book in 1999.

Everything you've quoted is in here as valid tactics for the future wars.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Yes, Assad OBVIOUSLY is a devil. No question; Body Count: 17,000+ innocent Syrians...and growing each day. One doesn't need to be clairvoyant to see that his regime is on the verge of collapse. Open your eyes, friend.

Yes, Assad OBVIOUSLY is a devil.

And the FSA aren't devils? no lets pretend they are all cute little angles trying to save everyone but the reality is which i have stated in my other thread.

"This is my urgent message to all Mujahideen from all brigades to join their brothers the Mujahideen of Damascus who are defending the revolution. Those willing to join have to go ... through safe routes to Damascus. It is the moment of truth. It is the Damascus fight for salvation. It is either life, dignity and freedom or martyrdom and paradise."

Commander of Al-Emary Brigades, Captian Quais Quatana's statement for all Syrian Mujahideen

So i would take from that statement basically just Admits that all FSA fighters are just the Mujahideen fighters.

Body Count: 17,000+ innocent Syrians...and growing each day.

17,000+ innocent Syrians unconfirmed sources from the Syrian human rights observatory in which it gathers information in matter of seconds

Open your eyes

Open my eyes? correction why dot you open your eyes. I already know who these FSA thugs are.

One doesn't need to be clairvoyant to see that his regime is on the verge of collapse.

Thats what you have been claiming for 17 months now.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by IAMTAT

Yes, Assad OBVIOUSLY is a devil. No question; Body Count: 17,000+ innocent Syrians...and growing each day. One doesn't need to be clairvoyant to see that his regime is on the verge of collapse. Open your eyes, friend.

Yes, Assad OBVIOUSLY is a devil.

And the FSA aren't devils? no lets pretend they are all cute little angles trying to save everyone but the reality is which i have stated in my other thread.

"This is my urgent message to all Mujahideen from all brigades to join their brothers the Mujahideen of Damascus who are defending the revolution. Those willing to join have to go ... through safe routes to Damascus. It is the moment of truth. It is the Damascus fight for salvation. It is either life, dignity and freedom or martyrdom and paradise."

Commander of Al-Emary Brigades, Captian Quais Quatana's statement for all Syrian Mujahideen

So i would take from that statement basically just Admits that all FSA fighters are just the Mujahideen fighters.

Body Count: 17,000+ innocent Syrians...and growing each day.

17,000+ innocent Syrians unconfirmed sources from the Syrian human rights observatory in which it gathers information in matter of seconds

Open your eyes

Open my eyes? correction why dot you open your eyes. I already know who these FSA thugs are.

Thats what you have been claiming for 17 months now.

Sorry, friend...It's very difficult to take your logic seriously.
Justice in Syria has been much longer than 17 monthes in coming; Fortunately, for the brutally-treated civilian population of Syria, Assad and his regime of murderers and thugs will soon be history.
You jest that I think I'm able to see the future?
Here's a genuine, on-the-record prediction about Assad:
Let's say that within one month, Assad will either be on trial, cowereing in Russia...or pushing up daisys!
Bless you, friend.
edit on 23-7-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

would be the same ones which made up the fantasy stories in Libya

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMTAT
Yes, Assad OBVIOUSLY is a devil. No question; Body Count: 17,000+ innocent Syrians...and growing each day.
Open your eyes, friend.

With all due respect, how can you be absolutely certain that Assad is absolutely responsible for all those deaths, and that there are 17,000+ dead at all?

You've received this "truth" from a source that baths in the benefits from which these "facts" create. What you fail to see here is that your leaders - whoever they may really be - are likely just as corrupt, if not more so, than those on foreign soils for which you hold so much angst. Though one may be more transparent in their actions than the other... it does not change the fact that you are almost certainly not in possession of the real facts!

...and yet so easily you would support an attack on a nation that would, and perhaps already has, inevitably resulted in an uncountable number innocent deaths.

The moral of this post? I urge you to hold back from expressing your knee-jerk, emotional feelings on a subject until you've exhausted all intelligent, rational thought processes that are surely required tools for digging deep down into the dirty truth.

Perhaps that is the way we as individuals can actually help these countries.
edit on 23/7/12 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join