It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US refines game plan to overthrow Assad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

The Obama government has abandoned efforts for a diplomatic settlement to the conflict in Syria, and instead it is increasing aid to the rebels and redoubling efforts to rally a coalition of like-minded countries to forcibly bring down the government of president Bashar al-Assad, American officials say.

The US administration has had regular talks with the Israelis about how Israel might move to destroy Syrian weapons facilities, administration officials said. The administration is not advocating such an attack, the officials said, because of the risk that it would give Assad an opportunity to rally support against Israel.

US refines game plan to overthrow Assad

Well, it looks like it is getting more and more serious on a daily basis now. The US is "redoubling efforts to rally a coalition of like-minded countries to forcibly bring down the government" of Syria

Pretty interesting.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Never heard of the hindustantimes but here is the New York Times article, if that adds some credibility to the claims.
www.nytimes.com...

So where is the US playbook at this point? It's common knowledge that we have already been arming the rebels through intelligence shells for some time. Is this when the pentagon declares that Syrai has WMD's and we set up a no-fly zone, a bit of shock and awe, and let Israeli SPF take strategic points on the ground?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Thanks for the NYTimes link. I have been running back and forth, so I didn't have time to look for a more credible source. I guess at this point, I might say Hinduistan Times or whatever it's called might be more credible than the NYTimes

join