It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Denver/Aurora resident, I have a LOT to say about the shooting

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Most theaters don't have alarms that go off when people open the fire exit doors. For good reason really - they'd go off almost every single movie, causing panic and possibly injury. So that's not a huge surprise.

The second thing that popped into my mind was how NOBODY saw anything suspicious. Aurora is extremely locked down. You can't go anywhere without seeing armed (security guards? cops?) And plenty of mall cops. The Aurora mall and that theater (which is next to the mall) have a steady loop of security. And they stop you for pretty much anything. I've been questioned WITH MY KIDS because we were sitting in my car, waiting for my mom during the day. At night they step the security up even more. It's pretty ridiculous. I've always been annoyed with it. So how did this guy go unnoticed?

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. I live in Aurora as well, near Cherry Creek Reservoir. Lived here for 15 years now. I've been to the Aurora mall many, many times after dark. Both before and after they stepped up security there (and imposed curfews for children at the mall). I have never noticed more police than anywhere else in Aurora, or even anywhere in Denver to be honest. The mall security is a joke really. And the small white pickups with yellow lights (like many malls have actually), is hardly what I would call a "steady loop" of security. And they do not enter the parking lot of the movie theater - it's not part of the mall at all. It just happens to be across the way from the mall.

Nor did I notice an abnormal amount of air traffic. Actually.. I've mentioned in other posts, how they have increased drills and military traffic over Aurora for a few years now. Military helicopters often flying over Aurora, and jets are much more common now. Sometimes I'll hear them for hours on a weekend morning. Have mentioned it to my wife several times.

So I think you are jumping to conclusions. Security is not THAT tight. You act as if it's some sort of martial law induced city. That's very far from the truth. I rarely see police near the mall at all. I can't ever recall noticing police vehicles in the mall parking lot. I think it would be simplicity to park a car behind, then buy a ticket, open the door from inside, propping it open. The cops are basically looking for gang activity, which has increased over the years, and is why they created a curfew for kids at the mall. And at the theater, on a night where many wear costumes to such a premier, someone with dyed hair is not really going to stand out.
edit on 23-7-2012 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
reply to post by bluemirage5

I'm not 100% sure how long it "officially" took for emergency responders to arrive. Some news sources said only 30 seconds (WHAT?!) and then others have said 3 minutes.

This story is more messed up than a 13 dollar bill.

I see some other sources that say the police were already there waiting for the guy, other accounts, 2 minutes for them to arrive.

Amazing how much confusion there is about this event... but of course, it's for investigative purposes even though no sane court would let this freak out even with mistakes in the court process

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
They showed up very quickly after they received the first calls. Not surprising, as the Aurora police station is literally a couple of blocks from the theater. They are just around the corner as it were. Block north, block to the east.. there they are.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

What investigation? They got their guy did'nt they? They'll go through the normal little investigation because they have to but bottom line is this - Holmes needs a big time lawyer, not a public defender. After watching her in court, my God how pathetic she was!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I can see law firms wanting in on it, just to get their firm's name in the headlines.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

What investigation? They got their guy did'nt they? They'll go through the normal little investigation because they have to but bottom line is this - Holmes needs a big time lawyer, not a public defender. After watching her in court, my God how pathetic she was!

Good. Why does he need a big time lawyer? So he can get a reduced sentence following some ridiculous loopholes a "big time lawyer" will exploit? He planned this for months. He rigged his apartment to kill people. He shot and killed, among others, a SIX YEAR OLD GIRL. And you think he needs better defense? Seriously?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Allegedly. And that right there is exactly why he needs a good lawyer.....

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Allegedly. And that right there is exactly why he needs a good lawyer.....

Right.. allegedly.. because kneeling down in the grass while wearing the equipment you had one while killing people, and warning the cops you rigged your apartment to kill them, following it by telling them you are Joker, enemy of the people, isn't quite proof enough. Having weapons in your car, having received weapon sales in your name, equipment like a bullet proof vest, and other protective equipment bought in the previous months was just all a coincidence.

Sometimes this site really disturbs me. It's often full people who are set on defending dictators, murderers and psychopaths, while hating on their country, military and police.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Or they may not want to touch this case with a ten foot barge poll! If there is any link with some kind of Govt organisation, lawyer is popped off.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Yet as of now, how many witnesses saw a guy with funky red hair in the theatre? That is something most people would notice, especially if he really was wearing red too, like it was reported he was wearing under his armor....

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Did Holmes tell Police he rigged his own apartment or did Holmes WARN Police his apartment was rigged? Big difference!

What IF Holmes apartment was'nt rigged at all?
edit on 23-7-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
i have a feeling your not being truthful no those exits dont have alarms as i always use to exit after a movie threw those doors all the time almost every time
being in florida we have a lot of movie thearters and security is always there and no the door was not kicked in as they open out ...(because who is going to hold a door open during a fire/emergency)
and police were 90 sec's away ... aand yes they should of had cops in the thearther for a late night showing like in florida they are litteraly at the front door( for late night viewings and weekends ) but.... that dosnt proove any thing
i dont know how there was any thing suspicious when he was at first just and average joe goin to see a movie turned pysco by GOING TO HIS CAR TO GEAR UP not like he went to the movies wearing guns and bulletproof gear ?? it was obviously a SURPRISE for every one . i dont think there were any warning signs for any one except for you 6th sense (which im sorrry i think your making up ) because if you had this over whelming feeling and your plans were to go to the movies would have been there as the movie started at 12 and thats when your premonition came along ? or did your kid stop you from goin at 12:30 (shouldnt you have called a baby sitter ??).... i do not beleave you had tickets to this movie or plans to go im sorry thats my opinion should of took s couple more days to think this threw

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This thread is really interesting and deserves some popcorn for these intense observations.

So my close friend isn't talking to me ever since the shooting, he and his boyfriend were in the area and he said he was going to see that movie. He said some sobbing words on facebook like he lost someone dear, and then his relationship status went to single. I don't know if his boyfriend was involved in any of this but he's not talking and is ignoring me. Emotions aside, if possible, I'd try to relay the experience if he was there unless he asks me not to tell anyone in which I'll respect his wishes. Sorry, this isn't very much to contribute but I'll be lurking until I find something of interest.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hakalugie4u

I know what emergency doors you are talking about; they can only be opened from the inside

which begs to ask......

who opened the door?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Thats strange....

why is he not talking to you and ignoring you?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by hakalugie4u

I know what emergency doors you are talking about; they can only be opened from the inside

which begs to ask......

who opened the door?

The shooter.

His ticket stub was in his pocket. (according to one read)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Interesting Op. Did you know anyone or know anyone who was personally affected by this tragic murder spree? Is the theater on lock down? what kind of activity have you seen around it since the incident?

Also you say the town is somber, but are people talking? What are the thoughts on this? Are people going out as before or has it caused a cascade effect of post anxiety towards shopping centers and crowded places?

I am so glad that you did not go.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
just sayin... If the power went out, your alarm isn't going to work. So I'm taking this post with a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

No, he came THROUGH the emergency door from the outside that was supposed to be locked from the inside however some witnesses allege someone else got up from his seat, opened the door from the inside then went and sat down.
edit on 23-7-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Annee

No, he came THROUGH the emergency door from the outside that was supposed to be locked from the inside however some witnesses allege someone else got up from his seat, opened the door from the inside then went and sat down.

NO - he bought a ticket. Came in sat down. Then exited through the door to his car - put on his gear - - then came back in.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join