It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As a Denver/Aurora resident, I have a LOT to say about the shooting

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I dont see a media blitz on the victims being positive in any way, in the short or long term.

reply to post by flyswatter

That is the issue I have is that there isn't a media blitz. They do it for everything else. Where are the video shots of this nut going into the theater, being outside of it. Where's the news helicopters catching every breath taking moment? That's what we normally see. Maybe there are none because there were no breath taking moments, no body coming out, not people being rushed in ambulances to the hospital.

THIS SMELLS LIKE FISH GUTS SITTING IN THE SUN FOR TWO DAYS!

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I managed a large retail store and trust me, that is the exact time YOU DON"T turn off the alarms. They did not need to be turned off and on. The manager has a special key to deactivate the alarm at the door. There is no way that alarm would be turned off by accident or otherwise without a managers approval.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Public defender. Supposedly a very good one though.

She's only good if she is going to go for the "He's batsh*t crazy" defense. Leaving his hair orange and not wearing a suit is deplorable. He looks guilty. He should have had his hair dyed, shaved, dressed as a PhD student going for a job interview in a suit and tie.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I thought everyone knew that James Holmes mother was a psychiatric nurse. If you do a simple Google search you will see the info.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnifiedSerenity

I dont see a media blitz on the victims being positive in any way, in the short or long term.

That is the issue I have is that there isn't a media blitz. They do it for everything else. Where are the video shots of this nut going into the theater, being outside of it. Where's the news helicopters catching every breath taking moment? That's what we normally see. Maybe there are none because there were no breath taking moments, no body coming out, not people being rushed in ambulances to the hospital.

There werent exactly "breathtaking" moments to be had with this. There WAS video of ambulances leaving, but its mainly the gossip rags that want to do the "look, there's a body!" things these days. Most respectable newspapers try to avoid that crap because of the potential backlash with glorifying things for a profit.

I dont want to see bodies coming out on the news. I dont want to see this BS glorified any more than it already has been. If you want to see that sort of thing, let people know about things ahead of time before you go shoot up a Qwik-e-Mart or something. Shock TV isnt my thing.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

I'm sure he will wear a suit when the actual court case happens however highly unlikely if prison does'nt allow it for serious hard core prisoners

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

I'm sure he will wear a suit when the actual court case happens however highly unlikely if prison does'nt allow it for serious hard core prisoners

^-------- What he said

You're going to find that inmates generally arent all tidy and dressed up for arraignments or pre-arraignment hearings.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyswatter

The ONLY chance Holmes has is a top notch private lawyer who has his own independant investigative team.

Frankly, I dont give a damn about this guy. My ideal situation for him would be to see him end up at Florence ADX, in an adseg cell for 23 hours a day, with no contact to the outside world. At least until he gets the needle.

So, you have your mind made up. Where are the dead bodies coming out of the theater? Where are all the wounded going to the hospital in ambulances bleeding all over the place? What about this scenario I posited on my blog:

He gets recruited at the neurology biological department at his school by the fbi / cops and they tell him they are trying to protect the public and need to run a "secret" drill, and make it as realistic as possible, so they ask him to play the bad guy. He is flattered, feels he is doing somthing useful, and they tell him to not talk to people, play the role of a loner, clear his internet background, and have him set up a fake adult friend site. Give him money to buy various guns and equipment, give him the more exotic stuff. Have him play the "joker" and dye his hair. They tell him to call when he is in position and someone will let him in. They tell him to stay in character as they will fake book him in jail and they want to see how the inmates react.

Now, it can go one of two ways. Someone blows devil's breath in his face and he is helpless and follows their instructions to shoot 71 people, leave and turn himself into the police and he does so

or

he enters the theater and their are maniquins set up and tosses the tear gas, he shoots them up, and leaves and lets them arrest him. He gets to jail and stays in character as they are paying him well. Then he finds himself in court and the penny drops. You can see it on his face:

I'm a dead man

You see him go from WTF look, to OH SH*T look, he knows he's set up, to "I'm a dead man" look, then numb and catatonic.

Meanwhile they have people all set up to look the part and play their roles either as complicit actors or people helping in a drill ... see the doctored photos and odd mix of happy people with others looking sad

Fake sad photos
edit on 24-7-2012 by UnifiedSerenity because: spelling error

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Public defender. Supposedly a very good one though.

She's only good if she is going to go for the "He's batsh*t crazy" defense. Leaving his hair orange and not wearing a suit is deplorable. He looks guilty. He should have had his hair dyed, shaved, dressed as a PhD student going for a job interview in a suit and tie.

This was only an arraignment, it wasn't going to make any difference. Now she should have argued to remove the cameras from the court. That was a stupid thing to allow to happen, but perhaps she did make a motion and the judge disagreed, who knows.

He didn't need to wear a suit at this juncture.

On that topic, I was appalled to see Zimmerman in handcuffs and shackles at the bail hearing. That was ridiculous, he poses no threat to anyone in the courtroom, and making a suspect look like a criminal is deplorable. No defendant should ever be sitting in the courtroom in handcuffs and shackles unless they are just a seething ball of violence.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I explained emotional vs. realistic response a few posts back. Go read that in regards to what I want to happen, and what I think will happen. If you want to see bloody ambulances and dead bodies, go watch a TV show. Dont disgust the rest of us with wanting to see that sort of disrespect on the news.

What about your scenario? I think you're taking a real person and a real situation and putting a dramatic spin on it to theorize about a conspiracy that you like. I am not going to your blog to read it because I am completely disgusted by your lack of respect for the victims and their families, and I want no part of contributing to that with web site hits or even a reading of what is on there.

But you are absolutely entitled to your opinion, and you are entitled to voice it here, and I respect that. I just dont agree with your theory.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

There werent exactly "breathtaking" moments to be had with this. There WAS video of ambulances leaving, but its mainly the gossip rags that want to do the "look, there's a body!" things these days. Most respectable newspapers try to avoid that crap because of the potential backlash with glorifying things for a profit.

I dont want to see bodies coming out on the news. I dont want to see this BS glorified any more than it already has been. If you want to see that sort of thing, let people know about things ahead of time before you go shoot up a Qwik-e-Mart or something. Shock TV isnt my thing.

I understand, and it's not my thing either. I don't even turn on the news anymore. The fact is though, there was not a lot of this footage, and that in itself is weird. I have looked for the footage, and it's not really there. No body after body coming out, no people removing the dead over and over, I mean the media loves to get this stuff on film and play it constantly. What, they suddenly developed a conscience and have respect for the public?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You have ever right to your opinion, but I prefer to make my opinions based on facts and I am not [afraid] to expose my tender mind to information because the truth is available, and it means not making an emotional decision, which appears you have done this by being unwilling to consider evidence.

I have nothing against you, but you imply things in your reply that really just are not true. I am just thinking of the "what ifs". You think you know the truth already, fine. I don't think we know much more than what the msm have told us, and I don't trust them.
edit on 24-7-2012 by UnifiedSerenity because: added "afraid"

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Ehh... not very likely, in my opinion. At least the way you're describing it. If he was set up, it had to have been through drugging or hypnosis/mindcontrol. I very much doubt he soberly thought he was just part of some project that they were 'paying him' for, as you suggest.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

By forming your opinion with all of these "what ifs", you are not forming your opinion based on fact; you are basing it on suppositions and guesses. And you know what, that is fine, but only as long as you dont try to represent your information as fact, or even that it is based on only facts.

I have had both an emotional reaction and a rational reaction on this. My emotional reaction wants him to get the needle or spend the rest of his life at Florence ADX. The rational and more realistic side of me wants to see him get a fair trial. As I said before, even with a fair trial, it is my belief that he will never again be a free man.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

The ONLY chance Holmes has is a top notch private lawyer who has his own independant investigative team.

Frankly, I dont give a damn about this guy. My ideal situation for him would be to see him end up at Florence ADX, in an adseg cell for 23 hours a day, with no contact to the outside world. At least until he gets the needle.

So, you have your mind made up. Where are the dead bodies coming out of the theater? Where are all the wounded going to the hospital in ambulances bleeding all over the place? What about this scenario I posited on my blog:

He gets recruited at the neurology biological department at his school by the fbi / cops and they tell him they are trying to protect the public and need to run a "secret" drill, and make it as realistic as possible, so they ask him to play the bad guy. He is flattered, feels he is doing somthing useful, and they tell him to not talk to people, play the role of a loner, clear his internet background, and have him set up a fake adult friend site. Give him money to buy various guns and equipment, give him the more exotic stuff. Have him play the "joker" and dye his hair. They tell him to call when he is in position and someone will let him in. They tell him to stay in character as they will fake book him in jail and they want to see how the inmates react.

Now, it can go one of two ways. Someone blows devil's breath in his face and he is helpless and follows their instructions to shoot 71 people, leave and turn himself into the police and he does so

or

he enters the theater and their are maniquins set up and tosses the tear gas, he shoots them up, and leaves and lets them arrest him. He gets to jail and stays in character as they are paying him well. Then he finds himself in court and the penny drops. You can see it on his face:

I'm a dead man

You see him go from WTF look, to OH SH*T look, he knows he's set up, to "I'm a dead man" look, then numb and catatonic.

Meanwhile they have people all set up to look the part and play their roles either as complicit actors or people helping in a drill ... see the doctored photos and odd mix of happy people with others looking sad

Fake sad photos
edit on 24-7-2012 by UnifiedSerenity because: spelling error

Ehh... not very likely, in my opinion. At least the way you're describing it. If he was set up, it had to have been through drugging or hypnosis/mindcontrol. I very much doubt he soberly thought he was just part of some project that they were 'paying him' for, as you suggest.

I see that side as well. He very well could be mind controlled hence my adding in devil's breath. It could be deeper like some mk ultra style control. My points it is that lots of strange things surround this whole story.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You're saying I don't have facts and yet you said you would not read what I wrote on my blog, thus you sir are not basing what you say on any truth. I share my facts in the articles I linked to. I don't think you want to discuss anything, you just want to bash anyone who disagrees with you. Since you don't appear to want to look at anything I have to say, we have nothing left to talk about really.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You're saying I don't have facts and yet you said you would not read what I wrote on my blog, thus you sir are not basing what you say on any truth. I share my facts in the articles I linked to. I don't think you want to discuss anything, you just want to bash anyone who disagrees with you. Since you don't appear to want to look at anything I have to say, we have nothing left to talk about really.

Ahh, I did not say you did not have facts. I think you have as many as I do, why wouldnt you? What I was getting at was that basing your opinion on "what if" ideas and basic your opinion on facts are two different things. I'm seeing everything that you're saying here, but I will not be reading your blog. Now, if you think there are facts that I do not have, or that I am ignoring, by all means tell me on here and I'll gladly admit fault if I am wrong or mistaken.

I dont know everything going on with this case, and I am sure that I dont have all of the facts; it would be rather dumb of me to think that is the case. What I do know so far is that a lot of people are dead, and this guy has admitted to shooting them. The circumstances surrounding the case, we've got to wait and see. I have opinions about things that surround it, but I certainly cant say that those opinions are based only on fact.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more that the entire thing sounds sketchy. This is some great insight on the situation and opens the door a little more on my own theory. No matter what the truth of this is though, I hope everyone affected by it finds strength and more importantly peace.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Most inmates are not accused of the crime of the century either. She had a duty to help him the best way possible. Most inmates are not being photographed and their story going all around the world. Talk about polluting the jury pool.

[edit to add: And she would not have been at the mercy of the judge allowing or not allowing cameras had she had her guy looking like a "normal" person]
edit on 24-7-2012 by UnifiedSerenity because: added to my thoughts

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Most inmates are not accused of the crime of the century either. She had a duty to help him the best way possible. Most inmates are not being photographed and their story going all around the world. Talk about polluting the jury pool.

Oh absolutely. There's no way that he can get a fair trial locally. This is going to be a state prosecution, so they will have to find somewhere else in Colorado to do it. I think that he can get a fair trial, but it may take some time to get a jury seated to help ensure that.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join