It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the tasteless ways Google is making money from the Denver theater massacre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I've been busy downloading videos from you tube about the shooting.
Things have a way of disappearing on YT and so I thought it might
be prudent to save some of those videos for future reference.

I usually X out the Google ads immediately after they pop up but
this one was in my face and not to be ignored. I didn't click on
the ad of course. Just took a screen shot of it. The video is one taken
from an eye witness with a cell phone at the theater that night.
Made my stomach turn.

Google could easily have made sure this didn't happen. So why didn't
they? Are they that greedy?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Your search history is blame for the type ads you get. Google just puts up ads relating to the cookies in your pc. It's not like they put this ad up on purpose.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
No its caused by the scripting in their AD programing.

Batman is trending, so it attaches batman ads.

Its not intentional, its an oversight.

Dang beat me to it buster... Yea what he said
edit on 22-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

No its caused by the scripting in their AD programing. Batman is trending, so it attaches batman ads. Its not intentional, its an oversight.
reply to post by benrl

I kind of figured that. My point is that under the circumstances they could have pulled them
if they wanted to.

edit on 22-7-2012 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

I kind of figured that. My point is that under the circumstances they could have pulled them if they wanted to.

yes I am sure they could of gotten their programers to start going through miles of code to remove the offensive attachment of the add to videos relating to Colorado...

Do you understand the level of man hours would be needed for that? sure they could do, or they could go the easy route, and PULL ALL Batman adds.

Ads that Warner brother paid them for and a possible lawsuit could follow.

So yea, lets not take offense to every slight.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

....under the circumstances they could have pulled them if they wanted to.

Google legally couldn't as it would breach the contract between themselves and Warner Bros(Is it still called that?).

WB executives would be celebrating on the inside at the free publicity and simultaneously trying to figure out ways to capitalise on it further. It's kind of heartless, but that is how the beast works.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Google legally couldn't as it would breach the contract between themselves and Warner Bros

That sounds like the most likely reason. Maybe I should have entitled my thread
"One of the tasteless ways Warner Bros AND Google are making money from the
Denver theater massacre." Either way I find it repugnant that they are lining their
pockets with this tragedy. I wouldn't be surprised if they market it it right into another
one of their sick, cult movies.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Do I have to explain this to you.

Google, got paid for those adds MONTHS in advance, long before this shooting ever happened.

They signed contracts, legally binding contracts.

This is not on google, its on Warner brothers for not thinking to pull the ads.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Lol, people still get ads.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Its not complicated at all to pull all the Batman ads.

I have Adsense ads on all my sites and Google gives me the ability to block certain ads, ad keywords, or even categories of ads.
This is useful when you dont want ads of your competitors showing up on your site but you still want ads of things that interest the readers so you can make some extra cash.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Fishticon84 because: spelling error.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Do I have to explain something to you? I don't give a damn when they put them
up there or why or how hard it is/isn't to take them down and I damned sure don't give
a damn if they've already been paid for. They still need to take them down. It's a cheap
and vulgar if not disrespectful thing to do. They are advertising their film on the videos
of a horrific murder scene at the very theater showing that very film. Am I over reacting?
The guy lived straight down the road from me only a few miles. And up until last week I
was at that hospital every single day for a month. Maybe you think I am. Frankly I can't
figure out why you wouldn't be upset by these ads. Have we all grown so numb and
dumbed down that we think it's okay for Google to do this? It's disturbing to me now is
that people seem to think it's okay because the ads may have already been paid for.
Or because it may be too hard for Google to take them down. Or whatever other lame
reason you can come up with. It it justifies none of it. And it's creepy.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

edit on 7-22-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited to remove cajun flavor.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Isn't it wonderful how the almighty dollar trumps everything? Wouldn't it be great if businesses did the right thing and said no to the almighty dollar for once? I am not being hard on you. I know you do not make these decisions and were just being informative to the previous poster. I hope I did not hurt your feelings.

new topics

top topics

join