It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I posted a comment on Obamas Facebook page, now my Facebook account is locked

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You posted some critical/concern comments on Obama's facebook? LOL. I think it's funny that they can dish it out but they can't take it.

Seriously, though. It's terrible that we can't have a president who listens to people's concerns with an open mind. It was brave of you to try and get heard.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I constantly travel, and because of this my facebook has been locked many times. I only use it to keep in touch with friends and family, post pictures to keep them happy, and the occasional stupid thing.

When mine is locked, there is an option given to unlock it right away.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

That's what happens when you dare voice an opinion these days.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Keep in mind this is an election year; just saying...

I use facebook for family as well, and they often give me problems. For over a month now they have been censoring my posts. If the link I try to share is "controversial", I can give it up. Any other link; no problem. I get around it by adding the link in a comment, and that works flawlessly.

I stay away from the politicians' pages and never click on anything that involves politicians. Orwellian nightmare...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

So.......you post things on Obama's Facebook page, get it taken off, THEN come here to tell us about it.

Do you have to work at finding trouble or does it just come naturally?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant
Keep in mind this is an election year; just saying...

I use facebook for family as well, and they often give me problems. For over a month now they have been censoring my posts. If the link I try to share is "controversial", I can give it up. Any other link; no problem. I get around it by adding the link in a comment, and that works flawlessly.

I stay away from the politicians' pages and never click on anything that involves politicians. Orwellian nightmare...

I do the same thing but it's just because I don't like politics too much.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

So.......you post things on Obama's Facebook page, get it taken off, THEN come here to tell us about it.

So exercising your right to express your disapproval of government and doing your duty as a citizen by trying to keep your government in check is looking for trouble?.....Really? Well I'm glad you're not entrusted with defending and protecting our liberties, it would be an epic failure.

Its also been shown that most people who do not care much for politics also do not care much for their liberties since you have to constantly be involved in politics to keep the politicians under control and your liberties secure.

As Jefferson said "Every government degenerates when left to the rulers of the people alone, the people therefore are the only secure depositories of power."
edit on 22-7-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Ha Ha Ha.

You should be nicer.

No. In all seriousness I bet it's a coincidence. They don't care.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Don´t act so surprised. It is well known by now that Facebook is just an extension of the U.S surveillance program nowadays, the perfect tool to monitor the activities of the people that use it, since they in a sense, monitor themselves. And since it is under their control, i doubt they will let bad opinions about them spread very far there. You are not the first to be banned for such an "offence" and you won´t be the last.
edit on 22-7-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Just remember "you have freedom", and "they have freedom" too. I think alot of people forget that the other person has certain freedoms, like freedom to block what you say, e.g. moderate, when you're in their neighborhood.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

I'm inclined to agree. They shouldn't really care about the words of one man whenever an entire group is more dangerous. Hell, even groups are no problem. Besides, sticks and stones right? I dislike how the smallest things happen like this and everyone has to scream that the government did it.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i think the ask your wedding guests to donate to obama is a personal choice.

it's not something to get upset over.

there are wealthy people that get married, i think that's who they were targeting.

i don't think multi-millionaire wedding couples need another toaster. they could be die hard democrats who want to support their candidate and get involved in the democratic process.

i just got that from the "im so rich, i don't even know you exist" handbook.

edit on 22-7-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Kinda funny, plenty of people get posts moded here on ATS for no real reason other then it going against the political trends of this forum.. Dont see you all standing up for them or talking about ATS when it happens, wonder why? Are you all really so concerned with freedom of speech or are you just angry about politics?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It's all because...

Obama doesn't care about White People!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
thats what happens when you dont praise der fuhrer like the rest of the mindless minions ... dissension is not tolerated in the totalitarian states of amerika ...

theres far better sites and apps than farcebook that you can use to keep in touch with family and friends....

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I experienced some censoring on FB not too long ago. I took a couple of screen shots (I scribbled out the names for privacy; the conversation was between a friend of mine, my cousin, and myself) :

I do use FB sparingly; mostly to post ATS threads that I think will get people thinking about what is going on all around them in the world today. When my messages were deleted, it spooked me. I wonder if they would have put the messages back if we hadn't said anything?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Thanks for letting us know. Sure you did not post anything that could be taken as disrespectful in any way? If not then I think it is so fascist to react to your constructive criticism with such infantile, nazi like behaviour from the henchmen looking after Obama's facebook! We all have to take criticism great and small!

Is your facebook still messed up? If so, how long has it been so? Thanks!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i think the ask your wedding guests to donate to obama is a personal choice.

it's not something to get upset over.

there are wealthy people that get married, i think that's who they were targeting.

i don't think multi-millionaire wedding couples need another toaster. they could be die hard democrats who want to support their candidate and get involved in the democratic process.

i just got that from the "im so rich, i don't even know you exist" handbook.

edit on 22-7-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

The issue here is about getting sabotaged for exercising free and polite speech, not about toasters!
2nd line.
edit on 23-7-2012 by Revolution9 because: clarification

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

The OP did nothing wrong atall. He deeply cares about politics and policy and has the mind and experience to make such constructive observations, as I clearly see from the way he writes. Like another poster said if we are to stick up for our freedoms in a real way then that means we must be prepared to climb into the dirty world of politics on some level.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
hello there.
you really though you have any freedoms on facebook?
that obama would let you speak your mind and open criticism?
well at least you learned your lesson right?
your glorious president shall not be criticized!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join