It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I posted a comment on Obamas Facebook page, now my Facebook account is locked

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I rarely use my Facebook account except to post pictures for my family back in Florida to see and to view pictures from other family members across the country and occasionally chat with them. I find Facebook to be really stupid the way the majority of people post every aspect of their lives on the web for all to see, plus the fact that once somethings put online its nearly impossible to remove it.

However Thursday my uncle posted a link to a couple of articles about Obama and I decided to go on Obama Facebook page and see what Obama (actually his minions) had posted on his page concerning these articles. The issues that I am speaking of are in the links below:

Obama partners with Mexico to increase foodstamp use

Ask your wedding guests to donate to Obama's campaign instead of giving you wedding gifts

After reading these articles I decided to go onto Obama's Facebook page and post my feelings about how screwed up both of these ideas are. I posted nothing that was disrespectful what so ever, even though if I had done so it is our right and duty to speak out with distain towards our elected officials, we are after all their bosses and they work for us, hence we have the right to criticize them just as your employer has the right to speak out when you have done wrong at work.

I simply stated that since Obama claims to be working for families and the middle class him trying to do something that will increase food stamp use is an antithesis to his stated goal since having people dependent on government for one of their most basic necessities is in no way helping them.

I also stated that the very idea that newly married people, especially younger people just getting started in life should forego receiving items they need to start their lives with their new spouse in order to finance Obama's campaign was greedy, arrogant, hypocritical and bordering on the type of actions that royalty in used to do centuries ago when you had to give a tithe to the king when getting married. I stated that the idea of this shows that Obama is only concerned with his agenda and staying in office at all costs, even the expense of those he is sworn to serve going without. I stated that this idea of his further confirmed to me that he is a despot and a tyrant and has zero respect for the American people.

So I went to log into Facebook last night to post some pictures of a new oil rig I am working on and my Facebook account is "locked due to suspicious activity". Not that I am too concerned about not being able to use my Facebook account, I can always just email pics to my family or go back to using MySpace so they can view pics. Its the idea that it is very coincidental that this happened after the first and only time that I posted a comment on Obama's Facebook page.I was not the only one posting negative comments on his page, I would say a good 50% of the posts were negative and critical of him and his policies.

Perhaps this is the result of the new internet fairness policing policies or perhaps its just coincidence but I have never had an issue with my Facebook account. Either way I am done with Facebook, not that I ever used it much anyway, but it is troubling that we are actually at a point in our society that we are constantly being monitored by Big Brother.

Just wanted to share this with the ATS community and get your opinions.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

Do you work on an oil rig for BP?

Perhaps it has to do with you being tied into the largest disaster ever in the US, and your feelings about the Pres.

I was on the beach between Biloxi and Gulf shores the day of the oil rig spill, and what I witnessed in months to come people don't really want to hear.

Who's to say, perhaps your employer got you blocked.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Someone may have taken offense to your statement and tried to hack your account.

Hopefully they haven't cracked your password, because if they have, you are going to have to jump through hoops to get control of your account back.

It is more likely that the persons offended have just failed the three log-on attempts and locked the account for 24odd hours.

I would recommend deleting the post as soon as you get control back.

Leave political opinions/rants to anonymous forums/blogs/irc to save hassles with political extremists.

Welcome to the world of digital terrorism.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Mine has been locked a couple of times temporarily because I went to a different network in another part of the country. The first time I logged on it locked it, and asked me to verify that I was really me, because it wasn't my normal network.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Lol, that will teach you to use your right to free speech.

Dont worry, you are proba ly better off without FB. I never use facebook anymore, havent for a year or two now

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
that seems strange

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sulie

No, I live in North Dakota now and work for a small oil company.

As far as the DWH disaster, well that's a discussion for another thread but I posted my opinions on that issue in numerous threads about here on ATS. I will say this though, remember that everything government does is for an agenda and Obama's "expertise" in oil rigs and offshore drilling is about as good as my expertise on quantum physics and string theory.

If the government would have kept their "experts" out of it the leak would have been stopped in a matter of days. I've worked as a deepwater diver for 15 years and seen many situations similar to the DWH and they were all stopped very quickly. Hell I proposed a fix to the EPA, Congress, and BP, only BP was interested in trying it but was told by the "experts" in DC it wouldn't work.

That's the problem with politicians, they come into office only knowing how to lie and once in are experts at everything with knowledge of nothing.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Lol, I would set up another account and post again what you posted here

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Getting off of spybook is always a good thing. Does anyone remember when the onion made an article about how facebook was run by the CIA and then the article got taken down and then put back up after they realized they made it too obvious by taking it down? Never trusted it since. Spy boner = have a place where most citizens post their personal info down to what they're doing every few hours and who they're connected to. Its obviously a police state tool.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Ok, looking at your picture, wow !~

Who knows who may be trying to silence you.

I'd stay as far away from facebook as you can!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I think that if anyone posts comments on President Obama's facebook page; they are taking their chances. I think what you said did not sit well with some of TPTB and that is why you were blocked.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
I rarely use my Facebook account except to post pictures for my family back in Florida to see and to view pictures from other family members across the country and occasionally chat with them. I find Facebook to be really stupid the way the majority of people post every aspect of their lives on the web for all to see, plus the fact that once somethings put online its nearly impossible to remove it.

Just having a facebook account is enough... They do not expect a majority of the people to post intimate detail the little amount of information you give them is enough. You have posted your views on facebook, not just on your page but on Obama's page.... That is more then enough. Facebook is a spy tool, not to get personal detail about your life but to get minor details for corporations.

Like you said its hard to delete any information you post online. Company's such as google data base this information, they have a file on you because you willingly give out that information. How many kids do you have? Who exactly is in your family, who are your friends, what are your political views, what are your favorite movies, books, tv shows ect...
This may seem like minor detail but their is allot you can do with it or they would not be doing it. One example is statistics, your in a poll and do not even know it. Over time that file will grow and they will be able to put you into a personality category to accurately predict your reactions (our should I say OUR reactions) to certain events. The ultimate population manipulation tool. This is blind war, hidden in plain sight, against us the people.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wow, didn't even know Obama had FB profile.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

i would say this is a splendid opportunity to monitor your other non-fb accounts and e-mail for suspicious activity. perhaps your broadband connection will develop a wheezzy cough. notice any increased activity in your inbound ip logs?
f.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

My FB account was hacked from Poland. When I attempted to log in I got a warning from FB saying my account was accessed and gave me the IP address. They also sent me an email with a map locating where the person was who accessed my account. I was then prompted to change my password.

If you are hacked FB will let you know.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Obama asking brides and grooms to forgo wedding gifts in order to have their guests donate to his re-election campaign?? I'm surprised he doesn't ask people to donate blood and plasma for money, and then send it to him. Maybe sell that kidney you're not using....

It doesn't surprise me that your FB is locked after posting something negative on Obammy's page. He takes tyranny and sneakiness in government to a whole new level. They apparently do not like dissent. Welcome to the new USSA.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
reply to post by Sulie

No, I live in North Dakota now and work for a small oil company.

As far as the DWH disaster, well that's a discussion for another thread but I posted my opinions on that issue in numerous threads about here on ATS. I will say this though, remember that everything government does is for an agenda and Obama's "expertise" in oil rigs and offshore drilling is about as good as my expertise on quantum physics and string theory.

If the government would have kept their "experts" out of it the leak would have been stopped in a matter of days. I've worked as a deepwater diver for 15 years and seen many situations similar to the DWH and they were all stopped very quickly. Hell I proposed a fix to the EPA, Congress, and BP, only BP was interested in trying it but was told by the "experts" in DC it wouldn't work.

That's the problem with politicians, they come into office only knowing how to lie and once in are experts at everything with knowledge of nothing.

Please share your ideas for a quicker fix for something such as the deepwater scenario.

As someone said (my star).....facebook is not a place to be, unless you're into being spied on. duh.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Post British national archive stating Obama was born in Kenya on his page & see how long it lasts.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
guys op already mentioned he could care less about not haveing accese

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Watch what you say around the Obama supporters. No matter how eloquent and respectful you are when making your argument? They start frothing at the mouth when it is in contrast to something on the President's agenda. You chose to make a statement in the hornet's nest. So, you said something that is contrary to the going wisdom of the Obama Campaign? Big deal! People need to grow up. I have seen people get literally angry and infuriated when they see or hear something that is contrary to the President's agenda. I guess in their world, it is President Obama's way or the highway? Here is a funny video that should add a little levity to your situation involving Facebook and the Obama page.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join