It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Please, Application for Recording my phone calls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Every time I phone a bank or a telco for instance I have to go through the disclaimer about recording the call for quality assurance or training purposes.

This means the organisation I call has a copy of my conversation with them but I dont have a copy of it. Is there some ap I can get so that I can do the same thing to them, eg press a button and have this disclaimer warn the caller that call is being recorded (for my benefit)?

thanks
edit on 22-7-2012 by learnatic because: type

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I thought I knew what you were asking.
Maybe I don't. Never mind.
edit on 22-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: Never mind

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

My apologies for the typo and indirectness. Is there an application that will enable me to record my own phone calls and which also enables me to record the calls of those who call me if I wish.

cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
If you ever worked at a call center you know why this happens.

Its because the supervisor at the call centers will listen into random calls, when they listen in they have to record.

Just in case they hear something they have to discipline the employee about.

I worked for ATT in sales for years, its a common practice there.

also you have to be careful about recording calls, look into the laws in your state, Ive always wanted to tell people that on the phone the whole "for quality purposes this call is recorded do you consent?"

I did it one time to a bill collector, confused the crap out of him, was kinda funny.
edit on 22-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by learnatic

My apologies for the typo and indirectness. Is there an application that will enable me to record my own phone calls and which also enables me to record the calls of those who call me if I wish.

cheers

On what ?

IPhone ? Android ?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I've got a Motorola flip phone, cant afford one of those new fangled things.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
If they have a message saying the call is being recorded, then there is no expectation of privacy, and, the people at the other end of the phone are consenting to have the call recorded, by notifying you it is being recorded, you will not need to notify them.
They have already accepted the call is being recorded, when you carry on with the call, you accept the fact that the call is being recorded.
There is no expectation of privacy.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

Dont know about an app for that particular phone however I once bought a small voice recorder (£7 from amazon) that I culd plug into the earphone socket on the phone. It worked very well and I could then load it onto my pc too.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
If they have a message saying the call is being recorded, then there is no expectation of privacy, and, the people at the other end of the phone are consenting to have the call recorded, by notifying you it is being recorded, you will not need to notify them.
They have already accepted the call is being recorded, when you carry on with the call, you accept the fact that the call is being recorded.

Thats a helpfull comment

edit on 22-7-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X

]
No worries; but what I want to do is to also record the call. I also, for example, want to record a scamer who calls me, or perhaps, a call that is important to me such as a busienss deal call,

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by learnatic
Every time I phone a bank or a telco for instance I have to go through the disclaimer about recording the call for quality assurance or training purposes.

This means the organisation I call has a copy of my conversation with them but I dont have a copy of it. Is there some ap I can get so that I can do the same thing to them, eg press a button and have this disclaimer warn the caller that call is being recorded (for my benefit)?

thanks
edit on 22-7-2012 by learnatic because: type

I think they sell that device at

w w w . stopbeingsofreakingparanoid . com

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Record My Call.. android app.. theres lots out there..
www.appbrain.com...

top topics

join