It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

£13 Trillion hoard hidden from taxman by Global Elite.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
This was the front page headline of The Guardian this morning.

It explains how the worlds super rich elites are using tax avoidance techniques to hoard huge amounts of wealth. £13 Trillion or $21 Trillion. This supports my argument that there is no point increasing tax if these super elites aren't going to pay it anyway.

A global super-rich elite has exploited gaps in cross-border tax rules to hide an extraordinary £13 trillion ($21tn) of wealth offshore – as much as the American and Japanese GDPs put together – according to research commissioned by the campaign group Tax Justice Network.

These practices really need to be ended, if we are ever to address inequalities in our societies. I don't believe these super rich elites would be capable of becoming super rich had it not been for the generations of tax payer who paid their fair share through out their lives before them, creating the environment in which one could become Super rich.

The detailed analysis in the report, compiled using data from a range of sources, including the Bank of International Settlements and the International Monetary Fund, suggests that for many developing countries the cumulative value of the capital that has flowed out of their economies since the 1970s would be more than enough to pay off their debts to the rest of the world

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I quite believe it, but nothing will be done, that sort of money we know buys whole governments, actually its the governments that salt it away!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Money static in an account is not income that is taxable anywhere in the civilized world. Just because someone is in possession of something does not mean someone else has a right to take it. That's the grade school bully taking a child's lunch money.

Envy is a deadly sin for a reason in this life and the next. Shear evil to even allow such jealousy to dwell inside one's head allowing it to fester and grow like the spiritual cancer it is, never mind proudly boast about how that evil has overtaken the self.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

You think I envy the Global elite. You think I want to hoard my money away from the country that enabled me to have a good life. I'm not jealous of these people. It will all come crashing around them in the end. I don't envy greedy and selfish people, I pity them. But I'm sure they are glad to have supporters like you around.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

theres also no sane reason anyone should be able to amass that much wealth
what have these people contributed to society that is of such value?
do they deserve it for simply coercing people into agreements that benefit themselves more than the other parties involved? (there are many people capable of gaming the system for their own benefit that simply dont act on it because they find such behavior to be morally reprehensible)
are these actions that should be encouraged and applauded as great deeds?

these are ill gotten gains (hoarded away to stagnate the economy and allow them to have more leverage in dealing for labor or assets)

edit on 22-7-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
it was also posted this morning earlier too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
And just what would these banks/countries do with a deposit of 13 trillion?
You don't think they have the security to protect that kind of cash/gold do you?

This is BS reporting pure and simple.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
and here I thought the rich paid all the taxes and the rest of us were just freeloaders

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I just puked a little.

The world that we could make with that much energy spent so as to amass that much wealth is mind numbing.

We could literally live in a freaking utopia. What problems would the world have if all underdeveloped nations had enough wealth to support themselves and stop immigration for serfdom. We could feed every one and develop all sorts of quality technologies to solve whatever problems arise.

Then eventually they would become as developed as Europe and the US and Asia. All nations would begin building and developing beyond our wildest dreams we never thought possible. The quality of life for all and all would be vibrant happy and genius people. They would invest their time in titanic efforts and all reasons for spite, vengeance, and deception would fade away in favor of greater forms of survival and existence.

The devil would be out of business.

No one would recognize their own planet and species. Eternal.

To do this is a sign of ignorance. It is a sellout, cop out, and failure to see the bigger picture. People engaged in this are actually demonstrating an enormous sign of stupidity. Whatever the reasons they may have, to give up what we could have for anything is selling themselves short.

It is actually pretty retarded and backwards. I would say it's almost an evolutionary dead end.

They have no idea what is already theirs if they would just stop being dumbasses. Too bad they are monkey men in the truest sense of the word.

Ooh ooh Ah Ahhh...want banana? instead of the banana tree?

doing good their boss.

edit on 22-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
one wonders how much would be enough for these people? how many cars, houses, hidden millions? i don't understand such obsessive greed. it's beyond me.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What does one TRILLION dollars look like?

edit on 22-7-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by iIuminaIi

nice
if our debt was an asset we could house the homeless in buildings made of money

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Isn't this the money that has to be kept out of the loop so to speak? When banks make loans and credit money out of thin air the loan becomes almost 100% profit. Putting this money out in circulation would cause massive inflation. It speaks to the fallacy that is money, no?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Money static in an account is not income that is taxable anywhere in the civilized world. Just because someone is in possession of something does not mean someone else has a right to take it. That's the grade school bully taking a child's lunch money.

Envy is a deadly sin for a reason in this life and the next. Shear evil to even allow such jealousy to dwell inside one's head allowing it to fester and grow like the spiritual cancer it is, never mind proudly boast about how that evil has overtaken the self.

well that maybe would mean something if he was interested in obtaining it for himself.
He obviously is not, he makes some valid points, tax moved offshore for avoidance purposes is in some cases against the law.
13 trillion punds would go a long way to reducing the burden on EVERYONE, you may believe your rant about jealousy being a spiritual cancer actually applies to this guy and his statement, to me, you just come across as being a bit priggish.

What would jesus have said about money being kept by the few that belonged in part to the many?.
He would have wanted it to alleviate the suffering of the poor and needy, and right now, there are a lot of both.
edit on 22-7-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metatronin
Isn't this the money that has to be kept out of the loop so to speak? When banks make loans and credit money out of thin air the loan becomes almost 100% profit. Putting this money out in circulation would cause massive inflation. It speaks to the fallacy that is money, no?

It doesn't have to be released into society, but could be used to repay the national debts, to reduce the tax burden on the entire population.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Metatronin

As said in the other thread:

Originally posted by poet1b
20 to 30 $T in IOUs in an electronic ledger, stolen from future generations, that can be wiped oh with a keystroke.

And that is exactly what should be done.

i think that is the best idea: ctrl-delete and poof, 'they' can no longer buy governments.
edit on 7/22/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join