It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US fighter jet crashes off northern Japan

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

US fighter jet crashes off northern Japan

www.abc.net.au

A US military fighter jet has crashed into the sea off northern Japan and its solo pilot is waiting for rescue at sea after ejecting.

"The F-16 jet crashed some 470 nautical miles north-east of Nemuro," a spokesman at the Japan Coast Guard said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The pilot is OK and awaiting rescue.

Floating in the NE pacific irradiating it up

Is the F-16 past its used by date?

I wonder if the pilot had died....would there be a pro-drone movement from Americans?

I personally think that drones will ultimately replace all pilots from combat missions.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22/7/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
great news for Iran and the zionist free world

thisis good news for the freedom fighters

i hope the pilot is fine and will retire soon

if not

my condolences with the family of this pilot

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

"OOOOhhhh boy, dat's comin' outta yo' paycheck!!"

hehehehe.

Glad he ejected in time. Hope the water is warm there this time of year.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Ive actually always wondered, what kind of discipline does the pilot of a multi million dollar fighter get if he crashes it due to his own error?

"well, looks like your great grand kids will be paying for that one..." lol

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hope the pilot is okay, but I don't see how this relates to Batman.

I thought ALL ATS threads had to do that.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by daynight42

Ive actually always wondered, what kind of discipline does the pilot of a multi million dollar fighter get if he crashes it due to his own error?

"well, looks like your great grand kids will be paying for that one..." lol

Or better known as 'Tax Payers'

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Depends. If it is a bad enough screw up, he works as a maintenance officer for the rest of his career and eventually doesn't get promoted and gets the message and gets out.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I'd feel so much better about the U.S. running off to start new wars if the F-22's weren't trying to suffocate pilots and F-16's weren't dropping weapons or outright crashing frequently enough to leave an impression.

Perhaps this would be a great time to consider a wrap to anything new and ending what is on-going. Hey, the equipment needs a break too.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The F-22 problem really isn't as bad as it's made out in a sheer numbers point of view, it's just that it deals with life support, which is a bad thing.

As for the F-16, it's hardly crashing in large numbers. It has an average accident rate of 3-4/100,000 flight hours, which is where it should be for an aircraft in high use, especially considering the number of CAS/CAP missions being flown over Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Hope the pilot is okay, but I don't see how this relates to Batman.

I thought ALL ATS threads had to do that.

Thanks Beezzer .....I just choked on my coffee

How about we add in a conspiracy theory about a F-16 design flaw, purposely built into the airframe to bring it down after a Batman massacre.

Human_Alien is better at making up BS than I........Maybe he/she could impart some guidance on how we could link this up with Batman, chemtrails, 9/11 & that piece of toast with Jesus' face burnt on it.

I'm guessing that there is probably already an ATS moron member that has reached a similar conclusion.

edit on 22/7/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

The toast was upset over the Batman shooting, and caught the F-16 laying a chemtrail, and forced it to crash, oh, and it was one of the F-16s from Andrews on 9/11?

edit on 7/22/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

rotflmao

star

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Probably flew into a radiation cloud from fook u ,
Other options
UFO's
edit on 22-7-2012 by 12voltz because: wasnt really relevant

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

On the F-22, any fault is too much fault for those price tags and representing the very edge of what we're supposed to have plenty of for front line fighters. Failure numbers on a new radio system sounds like something reasonable to expect. Failure rates on billion dollar airplanes should have some people involved with making it in prison.

The F-16 is the workhorse and generally has an excellent safety record. I know that and I'm half kidding about referring to accidents. Though, only half kidding, really. Outright crashes are rare, thank God, but the whole force has been run at as high a level as our military has in it's entire history. They all need a break...and there have been a number of accidents in recent years across different aircraft types. It's just wearing all the way around, I think.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Good,another american junk craft brought down by the will of God.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

Wow. Feel the hate.

I don't know what is sadder.

The fact that you said it.....or that someone starred it.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree on the F-22, but unfortunately they're built by people, and that means screw ups, both deliberate to make more money (no I'm not saying they're sabotaging anything, but they slow work down, approve designs with known screw ups and then have to fix them etc), and unknown.

I just downloaded twenty four AIB reports, based on aircraft type from 2001 (C-141 in Memphis) until 2009, and the one common factor I found in them was that the crew screwed the pooch, took it out to dinner, and did it again. Everything from over rotating (to twice the specified angle), to completely forgetting to do their "Before Landing" checklist and putting the wheels down (believe it or not, twice, in two separate aircraft types, and one being an augmented crew). Not only are the aircraft being used hard, the crews just aren't flying the damn jets.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Thank you for the information and insight. Given the source, I take this as real insight and that's amazing. The ultimate facepalm. I do believe lowering the landing gear is a text book step in any successful landing.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
great news for Iran and the zionist free world

thisis good news for the freedom fighters

i hope the pilot is fine and will retire soon

if not

my condolences with the family of this pilot

What the hell? I'm not even going to say what I want,because I don't want to be banned.

As for the op,is that what passes for articles in australia? They could give a little more info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join