It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do you get your news.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It is no secret that the media in general is extremely corrupt and twist manipulate and fabricate the news in order to push their own agenda. Spoon feeding the masses we are "dumb down", desensitized and pumped full of erroneous and biased 20 second clips of garbage.

I for one do not buy into the majority of so called conspiracies. I am so focused on my family and work I often times have to just trust in the major news networks and hope they are being honest. I really do not have the time to spend countless hours trying to figure out whether or not I am being spun.

What news networks do you trust and if you could, tell me why you trust them.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I do not completely trust any news networks... I trawl through countless sources to try and grasp a more realistic version of events. Its hard a lot of the time though..

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I sometimes use Xinhua - China, in English because I like to see what things are like from the other side, a different perspective. Even though as you say all or most news outlets are tainted or corrupted by there own kind of propaganda from either side.

Its always refreshing to be able to read news from a foreign country in English and they do have some good stories in there from time to time as well as some great images too.

P.s it does have some loading issues at times, but a quick refresh or a back, then forward click usually gets it working.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

I get my news here on ATS. If it's important, it will be here somewhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by R6A6W6
I sometimes use Xinhua - China, in English because I like to see what things are like from the other side, a different perspective. Even though as you say all or most news outlets are tainted or corrupted by there own kind of propaganda from either side.

Its always refreshing to be able to read news from a foreign country in English and they do have some good stories in there from time to time as well as some great images too.

P.s it does have some loading issues at times, but a quick refresh or a back, then forward click usually gets it working.

Thank you for the site you suggested. That is exactly the thing I am looking for. Of course I also believe they have a slant as well but all the same it will be interesting to see their perspective.

Question to all. What are your thoughts on RT? The Russian news channel? Or Al Jazeera? I have a feeling Aljazeera English may have been payed off especially over the last year or so.

Please ATS'ers, what other places do you feel you can somewhat trust?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by BLKMJK

I do as well

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
ABC, CNN, Foxnews, and Yahoo are my most trusted news source.

...... *bursts out laughing*

ATS is a good start for important things

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
reply to post by BLKMJK

Indeed, but where does the majority of ATS get their news sources form?

Mainstream Media,

alternate news sources are usually discredited, which is borderline hypocrisy if one contemplates it,

Mainstream Media is based on bias manipulation, yet alternate news is usually discredited because it fails to be from Mainstream news,

most any news source is biased, it's hard to garner facts without actually being present

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Fox.

But only because of Megyn Kelly.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

No worries, glad to be of help to you. Have you tried the Russian Pravda news service. I find them a little more politically slanted than others but its still interesting.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I am a bit surprised. I was sure there would be more trustworthy news sites recommended but it appears there just isn't any out there. It is really disheartening to see we are all eating out of the same trough.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well, it's really hard to trust any news source because they tend to pick off of each other and make it their own. Blog sites do the same and even the kind that tries to balance it through observations ends up making their own bias. ATS isn't really a trustworthy site because of its nature, but there are many of us here wanting to know the truth and not misinform people for whatever reason. Are aliens real? I don't know, but we talk about it with latest evidence to see if we can debunk it or not because we want to make sure that it is for certain. Are all political figures working collaboratively into world domination? No one really knows, but we post all of the news articles that we can and dox about events to try and piece things together.

But, to answer your question, some people believe that the Blaze is the least bias news site available. I don't personally follow it to tell you out of experience but you're more than welcome to give it a shot

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

For a quick look-ee at what's suppossedly happening - Drudge Report. Fox news because it can be entertaining to see what they definetly won't report. It's always good to recheck an "important" story by going to individual websites, like the UN website, Obama's website, local news websites.....

If you can stand it, you can see really interesting things by watching CSPAN.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Thanks for the reply and I will check put Blaze. I have been poking around some independent news sites. Its pretty interesting. Came up with a few.

www.fair.org...
www.medialens.org...
www.projectcensored.org...

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I do not completely trust any news networks... I trawl through countless sources to try and grasp a more realistic version of events. Its hard a lot of the time though..

I agree. It's a good idea to go with multiple sources.

Personally there are some good ones out there that are non-partisan and user-funded, such as www.globalresearch.ca

I don't like the term "network". It smells of corrupt corporatism to me....
edit on 24-7-2012 by HIWATT because: fix link

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I find russia today to be one of the best and im very distrustful of the media.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by TechUnique

I agree. It's a good idea to go with multiple sources.

Personally there are some good ones out there that are non-partisan and user-funded, such as www.globalresearch.ca

I don't like the term "network". It smells of corrupt corporatism to me....
edit on 24-7-2012 by HIWATT because: fix link

I have never heard of that one, thank you.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by amurphy245
I find russia today to be one of the best and im very distrustful of the media.

I watch allot of RT and I enjoy it for the most part. I have not checked out their website yet but I will.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to talk to people from every country to get a feeling on what they think of us "western" people? I guess that is what I am searching for via independent news sources and the like. I am curious as to what they are being fed via news corporations.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

edit on 24-7-2012 by dayve because: yeayeayea

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think this community ranks RT along the same lines as AP and Infowars and that's not very high. I never trust RT because of the many times I've seen them flat out lie and change stories for political interest.

new topics

top topics

join