It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Batman Movie Curse: Too many to be a coinsidence.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
SO many bad things surrounding this series. What do you guys think? I believe in curses and bad omens myself. Perhaps an evil entity called up?

johnib.wordpress.com... film-is-plagued-by-tragedy/

ames Holmes, 24, who painted his hair red to resemble the story's arch nemesis, fired into the crowded theatre in Aurora, Colorado, where he shot dead 12 people and wounded 38 others. Before this shooting spree, one of the greatest tragedies associated with the film was the death of Heath Ledger, who played the Joker in The Dark Knight. The actor was found dead in his Manhattan apartment in January 2008 after taking an accidental drugs overdose, six months before the film's release. Conway Wickliffe, a New Zealand-born special effects technician, died while working on that film. He was on a camera truck filming a stunt when it crashed into a tree in October 2007. Another cast member was struck by the 'curse' of Batman - but fortunately survived.

gawker.com...

Remember Poltergeist, that 1982 horror film that was rumored to be plagued by a curse? What with the untimely deaths of two of its young stars, and reports of various odd occurrences on set. Can a movie be cursed? The Exorcist saw its fair share of mishaps, including injuries and the deaths of several crew members, as did Peter Berg's recent flop The Kingdom. And then there's Valkyrie. Well, it looks as though The Dark Knight, that Batman blockbuster mega-machine that's roiling in movie theatres currently, may be joining those ranks. Death and violence has surrounded three of its stars since the movie wrapped, Morgan Freeman's car accident last night being the most recent.

there are many other links if you search for the Batman curse

cinemaroll.com...

eath Ledger thought landing the demanding role of the Joker was a dream come true – but now some think it was a nightmare that led to his tragic death. Jack Nicholson, who played the Joker in 1989 – and who was furious he wasn’t consulted about the creepy role – offered a cryptic comment when told Ledger was dead. “Well,” Nicholson told reporters in London early Wednesday, “I warned him.” Read more: cinemaroll.com...

edit on 22-7-2012 by stonebutterfly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It didn't mention Morgan freeman and what is with painting hair??. Never heard of it LOL

There was also a minor batman curse that went around last dark knight release in a theatre in UK Right when it was to start playing the projector broke, no that's not it, that was the signs movie curse I attended, I think it was the theatre lost power went dark or something. Look for old curse threads on here it's in those, I might have posted it. My Morgan thread got deleted right off the bat.
edit on 22-7-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Morgan Freeman had another car accident? I know he had one in Memphis a year or 2 ago...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Yes it was part of other batman curse that started it

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
You forgot about the Mothman Deaths with Richard Gere. A whole list of deaths just from that movie alone.
edit on 22-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

No its referring to the old accident. This is just to show the tragedies from the movie. Some are from the second and then the tragedy in Colorado. Its actors just seem to have alot of bad luck in this movie, then topped of with the final episode and the mass shooting.

edit on 22-7-2012 by stonebutterfly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Really, thats a new one to me. It seems a pattern. These movies may be feeding something. Not saying to censor ,before I give the wrong impression, just worth looking into the paranormal side also.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

who painted his hair red to resemble the story's arch nemesis

Am I in the twilight zone here? When did the joker have red hair? Seriously?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
SO many bad things surrounding this series. What do you guys think? I believe in curses and bad omens myself. Perhaps an evil entity called up?

The Dark Knight Rise = The Antichrist Rise

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I dont understand why that keeps being reported! They say it with pics of jokers green hair right under it.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Good connection...any more elaboration would be great. This is definitely tied to the dark side.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

The 1989 "Batman" shooting began when Worrell bought the last bag of popcorn from the concession counter, according to a 2006 New York Post article. Ricardo Jimenez, who was sentenced to 22 years to life in prison in 2009 for the shooting, told Worrell he was going to get his gun from the parking lot.

When Jimenez returned to the theater, he shouted, "Hey, you're the guy with the popcorn," and fired at Worrell but missed, according to the Post. Worrell fired a missed shot as well, but Jimenez's second shot struck him in the head, killing him.
Source: abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Manhater

Really, thats a new one to me. It seems a pattern. These movies may be feeding something. Not saying to censor ,before I give the wrong impression, just worth looking into the paranormal side also.

www.paranormalnews.com...
edit on 22-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

... one of the greatest tragedies associated with the film was the death of Heath Ledger, who played the Joker in The Dark Knight.

Heath Ledger thought landing the demanding role of the Joker was a dream come true – but now some think it was a nightmare that led to his tragic death.

Although the media played this up big time, the reality is that Heath Ledger had FINISHED the Batman movie, wrapped it up and already gone on to be halfway through filming of his next movie with Terry Gilliam.

In reality, the "tragic death" should be associated with The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, but it never was, and thats only down to the media, not reality.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Yeah I woke up that morning and my wife told me about the news report. She was like, "There was a shooting. Some guy dressed up and painted his hair red like the joker and shot a bunch of people in a theater at the Batman movie."

I was still rubbing the crusties out of my eyes and said, "The Joker has green hair, not red..."

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I thought with Heath ledger it was about how he took on the joker character far too seriously, even after shooting each day, he never dropped the act. He got right into character and couldn't let it go, it consumed him. Once he'd done that character he changed. Was never the same after it.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

This red hair business is too much but the painted word is getting to me now.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

That was the story I had heard as well. He was an awesome actor for sure, and that requires really being able to get inside the head, and emulate the mindset of the role you are playing. The mind is strange, if you pretend to be something for long enough, you do become it. Trust me, at least that is my experience. I pretended for a long time to be something I was not. And it was harder to drop that act after, then it was to assume that "role". I had really become what I pretended to be.

Most self help gurus say "Fake it till you make it"
edit on Sun, 22 Jul 2012 01:21:05 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Yes... Strange indeed. One does not usually paint their hair to change its color. They dye it. And what is it with this "red hair to emulate the joker"? Did someone in the media just assume it was to copy joker because they relate red hair to clowns and joker is a clown type? And everytine else just parroted that? Or is there some other deeper meaning???

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

He supposedly told police that he was the Joker, at least according to one report that I saw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join