It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$20 - $30 TRILLION:hoard hidden from taxman by global elite

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

stack morale up

and huff on the chaff..

in spain where policemen are fighting protesting policemen , hosing down firemen , that is when society itself is all going pear shaped despite tax havens or computer digits which only fuel discord , not quell it.
via improved moral justice, this is how the worst problem of society - access to meaningful justice - overturns and brings benefits , and things may not be so bad for it. even, things will be better after radical constitutional changes , as long as its not the commanders of this empire 30 trillionish us who are planning it
organisations and systems come , and they go again
the future never was a fan of being written by anyone in particular - bar some friends of mine - a

how much that price is to be restored to the world , we are to redeem the righteous
/
edit on 22-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

hand the lands back
edit on 22-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
What, precisely, is wrong with keeping governments from confiscating private money?

Does anyone here honestly think the governments of the world have proved themselves capable and honest stewards of other people's money? Do they spend wisely? Money is to government what alcohol is to an alcoholic. If you have some vague idea that governments, if they had all this money, would somehow redistribute wealth to make everyone equal so everyone would have enough to eat, then you're delusional.

Again, you are missing the point here. This is not "private money" in the way you think of it; this is supra-governmental money. These are the people who own the governments, who tell us who to vote for and who tell them what to do. These are the owners who have lied and cheated and stole from us for thousands of years to get where they are.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
edit on 7/22/12 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Exactly, hoarding of wealth locks up the money supply, and shuts down the economy.

Ok. The next question should be, "What, historically speaking, has been the primary cause of 'hoarding?'"
I mean, this is the super-evil-greedy-rich-elite we're talking about. They love making money, its what they live for. So why would they start 'hoarding' their money? A giant pile of cash and coins in a huge Scrooge McDuck private safe does not make money. Actually, it is guaranteed to lose money, because national and world economies are inflationary.
Spending money is how you make money. You risk current assets in an attempt to increase them. Greater risk means higher chances of losing what you risked, but greater payoffs if it succeeds. That's why venture capitalists make billions overnight....and lose it just as quickly.

So what makes people hoard? Usually, its anticipation of a future period of disruption or chaos--like people who live on the coast buying cases and cases of bottled water when there's a hurricane on the way.

Economically speaking, we are in a period of disruption and chaos. Does anyone dispute this? Do any of you think now would be a great time to invest a bunch of your time and assets into starting a business, or expanding a current business?

I don't. In my early 20's I decided I was not cut out for the "debtor's philosophy" of spending future income on stuff now...it works for most people but I didn't think I was up for shouldering that responsibility(I have a hard time paying my utility bills on time whether I have the money to pay them or not, so 30 years of mortgage payments did not look like a good risk to me). So I have no outstanding debt at this time. Occasionally--this is rare these days but it happens--after paying all current costs and expenses, I still have nickel or two left over to rub together. The big brains and the talking heads call this "expendable income." I just say I "made money" and reduce my carbon footprint through syllable conservation.

But what do I do with the money I make these days? I save it--which is another way of saying I try to lose it as slowly as possible. Occasionally, when I realize I have accumulated enough to do so, I'll go out and exchange it for something that is less likely to depreciate in value, such as gold. People think I'm trying to "make money" when I buy gold because "its value keeps rising." That's not what I'm doing. Gold's value is so stable it's almost fixed in place. What is rising is the amount of cash required to purchase an ounce of gold--i.e., the value of the cash is dropping, rather than the value of gold rising(its value is rising a bit though because the demand for it as a stabilizing factor vs. inflation has increased). So I'm not trying to make money when I swap dollars for gold. I'm trying to insulate my savings against the value-draining effect of inflation.

In other words, I'm hoarding.

This is why strict regulation of banks and strong protection of workers and consumers is the key to a strong economy.
It forces corporations to do what is supposed to be done, rather than cut corners to hoard bonus money.

Ahhhh. I wasn't aware that there was something I am supposed to be doing. My company is a corporation, so this is important to me. What is it you think I am supposed to be doing? Can we talk about it? Or are you just gonna send in the government muscle to force me to do it?

By the way, I'm not sure what you mean by "cut corners" and "bonus money." Useful discourse requires mutual agreement as to the exact definition of terms. Please explain what these two terms mean to you, so we don't have any misunderstandings.
edit on 7/22/2012 by Tsurugi because: Grammar fail.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I don't know...

I hopped on this bandwagon a month or two ago with a series of posts about mass arrests and the MSM picking up on missing money, etc...

And here we are, the summer is just slipping by, and still, nothing big has happened.,

Big ships turn slowly.

I think we have a ways to go before we can get excited.

(It was nice, however, to see the Guardian covering this.)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hiding what is yours is not evading taxes. It's called evading confiscation. Earned income is taxed, then if that person has 10 dollars, a million dollars, or 10 trillion after taxes, it's theirs. It's not yours, not the governments, not the peoples of any particular country, not some charity, it's theirs.

Nazi germany confiscated for the good of the fatherland. Leave people alone and concentrate on the board in your own eye and not the speck in theirs.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kyviecaldges

That is more or less what i am thinking. how is it that these powerful entities are all of a sudden being caught? For over 100 years they have been running things in the shadows, and NOW they jsut so happen to slip up? It's possible, but i can't help but get the feeling that it will just be the masters ushering in new servants in new clothes. People want the banking elite to be caught and held accountable, and that is what they will give them.

Or perhaps it is genuine and organic...how would we really know unless we were there are their meetings?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

patience grasshopper...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Clinton didn't do a thing. He was lucky.....that he was president at the right time. First off, there was no surplus, as many Democrats would like to tell you.'

Agreed entirely. Clinton had projected surpluses. Well, yeehaw I say. They can project anything. Obamacare was projected at one CBO estimate as being one cost and next we'd see a cost night/day different the next time, everyone recalls that little roller coaster ride, I'm sure.

I never understood those surpluses to be any more than that. Projections based on data input...and it's all guess work. The trillions in national debt sure didn't go anywhere in some big magic act.

Dems.. Repubs.. Whats the difference though? Sure budgets have had ups and downs..and Presidents have been one party or another at the time. Presidents had effect.. sure...but look at Congress and it's control ratios at the same time. When a Dem was doing good, Repubs in Congress were undermining it like it was their sole job in life. Exactly the SAME thing has happened when a Republican is President and Dems control Congress. What is best for us is meaningless....what is best for re-election is absolute and total.

Throw them all out and term limit the next batch! If we don't...there won't be a system to throw them out of much longer. 16 trillion reasons..compounding every day....say that is a fact.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by TheLegend

They're going to enrage the populace enough that many will take to the streets demanding justice; only to be met with overwhelming force and a decree of National emergency.
Then they can dispense with silly notions like "rights" and "private ownership" of anything by the public.

I've the feeling that's why the military and police have been being trained to enforce martial law while they want to disarm us.

Let's be honest everyone, if these globalist elites didn't want this information to be known, then it wouldn't be.... They are letting us know intentionally. There's a hidden layer of reasoning here.
edit on 22-7-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The article in the OP cites the Tax Justice Network as its primary source. After a bit of poking around for info about this organization, I have to say I am suspicious.

In reply to another member's comment in this thread, I made it clear that my company is a Corporation. Before you stamp this reply with the words "GREEDY SELFISH BASTARD" in big angry red ink and move on, please consider a few things:

Here's the Wikipedia page for the TJN.
Normally Wikipedia is not to be considered a reliable source. I think that still applies here...indeed, the entry is headed with the Wikipedia "Question Book" icon, stating that the information therein relies on references to primary or affiliated sources for its information. In other words, if the entry wasn't written by the TJN, it might as well have been. So the information in the Wiki should be read with that in mind...and doing so makes me even more suspicious.

From what I can tell, it says they are proponents of social and economic justice, and that they endorse various governmental mechanisms for the realization of those ideals.

How can this not make you suspicious, ATS?? One widely-help opinion among ATS members--me included--is that governmental power is routinely usurped by big money. For me, this means adding to the strength or reach of governmental power = more power usurped by big money!!

In other words, government is NOT the answer to this problem.

TJN might very well be an organization of individuals who honestly wish to promote wealth and prosperity for all. If so, they are misguided, IMO, by attempting to do this by implementing governmental programs that just increase the ability of big money to freaking control everything, by giving big money more governmental power to buy.
But there's a part of me that glances sideways from narrowed eyes at organizations like TJN because of a suspicion that they know exactly what they're doing, because they're part of the scheme. If there wasn't, I would not be a member of ATS.

Okay, now you can stamp GREEDY SELFISH BASTARD on this post and move on. I'm gonna go hoard some money.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Hey, Leave the ELITE, RICH folks alone. After all they are entitled to all that money. If you don't believe me just ask them. Do you think they would lie to you?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulshn
i've said it before and i am more convinced than ever: people are waking the hell up! BIG stories like this are showing up every few days if you pay attention. Something is changing... can you feel it.

Cheers my friends, lets get together and make it a change for the better. Much Love!

edit: i like lists...

The LIBOR scandal:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The big banks "Living Wills":

JP Morgan closing it's Vatican account:

JP Morgan and Goldman shut down Euro money funds

edit on 7/21/12 by soulshn because: =)

Add that to the
- 2.3 TRILLION $ that went missing from the DoD 1 day before 9/11,
- arbitrary 700 BILLION that went for the bailout...

Now, you're starting to see how much effin money gets pushed around, by VERY few people.

- what else...?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Clinton just got lucky!

And the Miami Heat just got lucky!

The potential for economic prosperity was there all along, but under the piss poor guidance of Reagan and GH, the corporate leeches were allowed to keep sucking the life out of the economy.

What corporations are supposed to do is wisely imvest the money of their stock holders, not steal the money through fraudulent pyramid schemes.

If you don't know that, then you don't know anything about business.

What Clinton did most importantly is enforce the laws to protect the rights of the people, which is what government is supposed to do.

All that money in those foreign accounts in places like the Caman Islands is stolen loot.

If the fed gov were to confiscate it all and pay off our national debt, that would be fine by me. Those crooks deserve none of it.

It sure is a dirty deal sticking future generations with that debt, and anyone who can't see that, is morally bankrupt.

While the super rich occasionally get control, consistently through out history, they always screw the pooch, as they have done once again.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by soulshn

does it matter?? i mean is there a trillion gazillion currncy in existence and if there that much of that currency then it sucks.. too much of a supply

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by soulshn

Yeah , 13 Trillion Worthless Pieces of Paper . Exploitable Raw Natural Resources are the REAL Wealth in this World Boyo, and those who Control that can be Counted on One Hand........

imagine 13 trillion pumped back into the economy.

everybody would be picking gold off the streets in their brand new jordans.

imagine the building projects that could be accomplished.

they hijacked capitalism, just like everything else.

they can't stand anybody being their equal.

Yeah... and inflation so stratospheric that it would make 'Post-1945 Germany' look like Switzerland.

Why do you think the hundreds of billions on deposit with the Fed by the big Wall St investment banks has stayed exactly where it is earning 2% for the privilege??

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Way to just ignore all the facts in my post.....you keep on believing the Democrat rhetoric.

As to this stolen money, sure - I will give you that. As to the bankers stealing money, I will give you that one as well. Take all that money, and more, you still will end up in the red if you keep up with your entitlement programs.

The way you talk, you are only trading on set of masters for another.
edit on 22-7-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
..........or maybe, when the economy crashes and a billion equals a million they will still be semi-rich?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
What?? What does the OP have to do with healthcare? And how does Obamacare "give back to the people?" It just makes it illegal to not have 'health insurance' and levies a fine/tax if you fail to comply with the law. Last I checked, health insurance costs money.
Leading Democrats, Obama included, were just recently talking about how the bill is supposed to eliminate "free riders." They compare it to the law requiring car insurance. This is not a "give back to the people" bill and has little or nothing to do with the subject of the OP.

The essence of MOST people's disagreement with the health care bill, is that it uses tax money to give benefits to people who "didn't earn them." They consider it freeloading.

So, what I'm saying is that the richest are the biggest freeloaders of all, and if they paid their fair share to their employees in the first place, then maybe we they could afford to go to the doctor or buy a health care plan.

I also disagree with forcing anyone to buy the plan, and I also see that the biggest money makers due to this bill, will be the health care industry, including Big Pharma.

Yes, they want to try to eliminate people who go to the ER (I guess) and don't pay. So, they are trying to force everyone to pay for insurance, which pays for the care, which pays the doctors and the hospitals and Big Pharma.

I believe we are in agreement. We just misunderstood each other.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Probably closer to 100 trillion. When they say it's a "conservative" estimate, you can automatically multiply their figure times three to get the more accurate number. You see, they must be discreet so as not to offend too much, also to continue hiding the bulk of it which is going to be property and other non-liquid assets. I once attended a party for an engaged couple at the home of a very wealthy and famous person. There were art masterpieces hanging on the walls like Renoir, Monet, Degas, etc.

Doesn't really surprise me the super rich are that rich. Money compounds. Tons of money coming in every day compounds. The money snowballs on its own exponentially (as everyone knows).

Tax dodging is a well known and perfected thing worldwide. As they say, money makes the world go 'round.

There's also that groovy Pink Floyd number.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

You don't get it.
The ones that own and run the government are the elite scum, like the Goldman Sachs Banksters that become politicians, or scum also like Romney that also has money hidden overseas. They do not represent the majority of the people in America

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join