It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 cheap gifts guaranteed to impress science geeks!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Anyone else reminded of the T-1000 after seeing gallium?

I'd like two of everything, thanks OP

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

That is WAY too expensive, I mean a direct source where it can be purchased in large quantities...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Daughter2

I'm checking over this link. Lots of interesting things there. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Gallium = PERFECT metal to make liquid metal man from terminator out of!!!

just add high quality non replicating nano bots, and WALA!!! you have a liquid metal terminator!!

SWEET!

peace.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
STFU and take my money now!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska
Gallium = PERFECT metal to make liquid metal man from terminator out of!!!

just add high quality non replicating nano bots, and WALA!!! you have a liquid metal terminator!!

SWEET!

peace.

No, a Gallium-Ferrofluid alloy!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Saw your post and clicked on it and agree with your opinion muchly! Thanks also to everyone else who added their links--here is mine.I cannot believe this wasn't added already!

ThinkGeek::Stuff for Smart Masses

They have TONS of fun,useful and cool shizzle there! Have been buying stuff from them for a while now and always a satisfied customer!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

11 cheap gifts guaranteed to impress science geeks!

They are all pretty cool but I would absolutely love to have these ones.

7. Miracle Berries

By themselves, Miracle berries don't taste like much. The reason to eat them is that they contain a chemical called miraculin that binds to the sweet taste receptors on your tongue, changing their shape and making them respond to sour and acidic foods.

I bought some of these a couple months ago, but it was in tablet form. They were called frooties, have only eaten one each of them so far with my gf, but we ate a few fruits, and they were amazing!!! I had a kiwi fruit, and I don't usually like them that much, but it was like as if someone has sprinkled amazing fruity sugar on top of it as I was eating. It was only like $20 as well, a bit of fun for a decent price.
edit on 22-7-2012 by knightwhosaysnih because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Those berries...If you ever try them with even normal fruit, it will taste like the sweet residue of unicorn angels just landed on your tongue.

Serious, thats a good gift that keeps giving.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
My girlfriends dad worked for a company that sold a version of those berries, therefor i got a ton for free. Let's just say that was a very unhealthy couple weeks.

edit on 23-7-2012 by Bodhi7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

lol i want them all...!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by amrith777
Saw your post and clicked on it and agree with your opinion muchly! Thanks also to everyone else who added their links--here is mine.I cannot believe this wasn't added already!

ThinkGeek::Stuff for Smart Masses

They have TONS of fun,useful and cool shizzle there! Have been buying stuff from them for a while now and always a satisfied customer!

OMG, I'm gonna have like ZERO money now!!!

Anybody else notice that rock-paper-scissors-lizard-spock is a directed Peterson graph?
edit on 23-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
bagged and tagged.

the GF is getting a link to this article..I know what im getting for Christmas lol

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
now i have to know if i can encase the aerogel in gallium

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Great find! I'm going to get the Aerogel and Gallium for sure, and maybe eventually the EcoSphere.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

All I can dig up is a company called Aspen Aerogels that produce aerogel? In the FAQ section it says they offer some sort of discount for bulk orders...how much will actually be saved, it doesn't say.

Request to Purchase

Here's a link to request x-amount of aerogels, or ask any questions you may have.

Aerogel Distribution

Here's another site that seems to deal with large amounts, but I could not locate any costs.

Good Luck. Looks like it's going to be pretty expensive to find bulk amounts.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Amazing stuff, now I know what I can buy for my brother this year!

Flagged

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
One often hears that only females are capable of multiple nerdgasms but I think I’ve just proved them all wrong.

I want them all, but this one I find especially cool. Sorta like a self contained fish tank with no mess. Finally I can satisfy my inner God complex (minus all the smiting) as I hold my own miniature world in my hand…

EcoSphere

Inside these sealed glass balls live shrimp, algae, and bacteria, all swimming around in filtered seawater. Put it somewhere with some light, and this little ecosystem will chug along happily for years, no feeding or cleaning necessary, totally oblivious to the fact that the rest of the world exists outside.

EcoSpheres came out of research looking at ways to develop self-contained ecosystems for long duration space travel. They're like little microcosms for the entire world, man. But ask yourself: are we the shrimp, or the algae?
(From OP's link)

edit on 24/7/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
very cool...... I want me some miracle berries.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join