It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Received a Call from My dead Grandmothers Telephone Number Need Help

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well its my aunts birthday and we received a call from my grandmothers old telephone number. I was wondering if there is anyway to use that number as a caller id when it is not in service. If so we have some sick relatives in our family as very few would remember that number any advice would be appreciated.
edit on 21-7-2012 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2012 by ed1320 because: Sorry for the blank post i must have done something wrong to start but i fixed it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ed1320
Well its my aunts birthday and we received a call from my grandmothers old telephone number. I was wondering if there is anyway to use that number as a caller id when it is not in service. If so we have some sick relatives in our family as very few would remember that number an advice would be appreciated.
edit on 21-7-2012 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

There are many websites and apps that will allow you to spoof a telephone number.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

If what you say is true, it´s most probably a prankster in your family having fun. You know of anyone like that, that usually pulls pranks? If not, it is probably a ghost.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I really didnt know that you could do that with a non working number i learn something new everyday thank you. So we must have a joker in the family but the others are all spooked from it as my aunt is scheduled for her second heart surgery on Wednesday. You should hear some of the things being said as if it was a call home from mom on her birthday to come home then weird.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I know of a few odd incidents with phones.

It 2004 I was living in Georgia. I received 2 phone calls from a number with a 666 area code. The first one a friend saw the caller ID and refused to answer it. The second call I answered but there was no one on the line.

In the late 90's I had a friend who called my cell phone. For some reason it connected to my parents home. He did not have my parents phone number. I thought that was odd.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I took a picture of the phone i could put it on here if i knew how i can give the number but dont know if it violated the t and cs on this site. I freaked out when i saw it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Did you answer it?

Gran might have been ringing to give you next weeks lotto numbers.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

If this happened to me, I'd ask for her peach cobbler recipe.
I'd cook it and if I was in absolute bliss, I'd know it was her!!
Grandma could do cobbler like nothing I know.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

That used to be an urban myth. Very popular in the 60's & 70's.

Then there was the "I knew someone who..." stories.

Then the phone rang. This was in the days before caller ID. My grandmother picked up the phone. It was her brother-in-law. He said "Sorry." and the line went dead. I was close enough I heard the crackle on the phone line (that happened a great deal, and distance made a difference. So did payphones. Cellphones were NOT invented. This all worked through hard lines, land lines.)

No one thot much of it. He wasn't the most reliable character, he'd be late all the time. So, the family is there, including my great aunt. Mind you, her husband just called, saying he was sorry.

The police came about an hour or so later. He had died in a wreck. Everyone is sad, understandably. The there was a discrepancy in time frames. Did he or didn't he call? Before or after the accident? It couldn't have him, he was dead.

It was a topic that came up. Then just got added to the list of "I knew someone who" stories.

Be happy. She is still with you. Take it as a compliment. And no, if the number is an inactive number, I'm pretty sure no one can crank-call you from it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I can understand why people would be spooked. It sounds like something out of that old TV show "The Twilight Zone."

Too bad you can't figure out who is the culprit. It really was sick/cruel to do that to a woman getting ready for heart surgery.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Yes, don't be scared, even when the situation can seem terrifying (being visited in a waking dream by a lost relative, for ex., it often turns into a great/comforting/mind-opening experience by the end of the event). Grandma loves ya! She spent a lot of time with you as a baby that you don't remember right now (but she does)...
edit on 7/21/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
It is all ture and no i didnt get to answer it as i was partying but once i came in the house my mother made a big deal about it. Thanks for the help guys now to solve a mystery lol.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenAlot

Wow that just gave me the chills. I personally just hope its not a sign for my aunt now she is freaked. What if she would have answered lots of questions just wow.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

I have a very similar story to yours. However, without the caller ID number. But, nonetheless, I do believe.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
A few years ago I tried talking to my ex wife about our kids. Her new husband is abusive and evil. So I would spoof the caller id to show it was her parents or some random number. He still would not let her answer the phone so started calling as the local police or probation officer. He would answer then. I got so sick of his interfering that I paid this girl to say she was working at the parole office and had him report to his parole officer for a drug test 5 times. Then I called him as the police and ordered him to come in to answer questions about him molesting another little girl. The guy freaked and ran to another state to hide. Then I told his parole officer on him and had his child molesting butt arrested for leaving the state without permission. He got 6 months.

He's lucky I did not kill him when I found out he had been in prison for molesting a little girl. I sure wanted to and the only thing that stopped me was my ex wife crying about me not hurting him. Child molesters should be shot on their first offense. ALWAYS.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
someone started a thread about this last night

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
There's either a website or app that you can download that lets you put just about any phone number in as the caller ID when you call someone. The store I worked at received a rash of complaints for about a month and a half, of everything from people calling and being rude, to people saying that they were delivering and needed to find the house, and they better come pay for it, etc. Someone was using our number as the caller ID and prank calling them.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

I didnt even see it didnt look just now finding out that you can spoof the caller id. Thing is it had to be someone pretty close that knew the number still as she has been gone for quite a while now. Maybe its a new app then but a pretty cruel way to use it thanks for all of your help i let everyone know so they can weed the azz out put it in their hands. I was just freaked.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I've been trying to debunk an experience similar to this with my in laws. They are not jokesters in the least bit, in fact pretty humorless lol anyway. My bro (not tech savvy in any way) in law has an ancient flip phone with no web/app capabilities. we were looking thru it cuz he was wondering if it had a memo/calendar thing for an appt he wanted to remember and I said you have an unopened text here, he said he's never texted before and whatnot, so I opened it and it read "hI (name)." he asked what number it was from and I repeated it back and it was from his moms phone. Now my elderly Mother in law can't even use a tv remote let alone navigate a cell phone. I checked her phone , no record of it on the phone itself. I checked the date and time and i told her it was received on so and so date. She looked all strange and bothered and my wife said thats dads birthday. Now my father in law passed away roughly 3 years ago. Starting to get skeptical I asked if this was a joke and there was no hint of deception from any of them, more upset than anything. So I said I would go online and set up an account to check their phone records and after doing so I found no record of any texts sent from that number for any span of time. Now I'm sure there is some hacker types that could do this , maybe they look for death certificates and trace existing family members to the deceased and play a joke, but thats pretty elaborate for a joke they don't know got a result. Well months before this a Hindu who I work with said he has a guru that can "find" dead people, you just ask him and he "throws it to the ceiling" and you wait for contact from them whether it be a week or a decade. My wife gave it the ok, IDK maybe someone more tech savvy could help me explain this.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Phone numbers get recycled. I've had calls for several different people since getting a new number through a different service. That would be a creepy coincidence, but it's possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join