It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Goat man' spotted in mountains of northern Utah

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cleverhans
Hmmm a talking goat. Reminds me of an Adam Sandler skit

It's really not a complete thread...

Until Mr.Ed chimes in.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I really don't understand the attention. Why are authorities caring about his safety of this person (who may be a real goat), two months from now? Who cares?
Why not care about the homeless people's safety seeing winter is right around the corner, instead?

I can see this making a small blip in the newspaper but I truly don't understand the concern of the Wildlife folks.
And why the hell are they hunting goat anyway? They're only of value when they're alive (milk) no?

This planet is insane and for some reason, I am thoroughly bothered by this article. Not the thread OP. Just the story.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

What makes you assume he is not one of the homeless? A lot of homeless people have mental problems, this guy seems to be pretty well off his rocker. Of course there could be a perfectly logical explanation, but I can't think of it.

People do eat goat meat, it is pretty good if you like game meat.
edit on Sun, 22 Jul 2012 16:09:24 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

What makes you assume he is not one of the homeless? A lot of homeless people have mental problems, this guy seems to be pretty well off his rocker. Of course there could be a perfectly logical explanation, but I can't think of it.

He can be DB Cooper for all we know.

I'm just bothered by the attention the Wildlife personnel are giving this. By their own admission this might be a real goat. It just seems there's an unnecessary build up going on for something no one is even sure about.

They're concerned about his safety????......... when hunting seasons is 2 months? Wow. That just sounds ridiculous.

Me thinks they're looking for a LEGAL loop hole to apprehend him. I say in another few weeks, The Patriot Act will likely offer up some new law to arrest him. Possibly a terrorist threat on wildlife or somethin' like that.

This just reeks of a cock and bull story.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by TKDRL

He can be DB Cooper for all we know.

I'm just bothered by the attention the Wildlife personnel are giving this. By their own admission this might be a real goat. It just seems there's an unnecessary build up going on for something no one is even sure about.

They're concerned about his safety????......... when hunting seasons is 2 months? Wow. That just sounds ridiculous.

Me thinks they're looking for a LEGAL loop hole to apprehend him. I say in another few weeks, The Patriot Act will likely offer up some new law to arrest him. Possibly a terrorist threat on wildlife or somethin' like that.

This just reeks of a cock and bull story.

I really thought it was some kind of stunt. Here's another article from Gawker.com

You are probably right though.

The government will pass a law about impersonating wildlife.

It could hurt the other animals self confidence.

Also, what a great way for terrorists to sneak in this Country.

If there is one thing those bastards know....It's Goats...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It's definitely a man, not a goat. Look at the link in This post.

Obviously a man, so we can get that out of the way.

I agree with others that it is a stretch to say they are "worried about the safety" of this guy. With two months til hunting season, there is no reason to make a big deal out of some guy in a white suit. For all we know it isn't even intentionally a goat look alike, it could be his winter ghilley suit, and he's just out testing some modifications to it.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheReclaimer
It is Goat-Man.....half man, half goat, all hero!

As the world engulfs in turmoil,
shall appear a man part goat,
and the evil ones' plans he shall foil,
and stomp his hoof on their throat!

Goat-Man!

Greatest Of All Time.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Maybe Bear Grylls found another carcas.

"Last year two hikers died here because they didn't know how to impersonate a goat"

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229
Like a few have said, how do you "Hunt" a goat? Evolution has played a cruel trick on this poor animal, it is summarily one of the most stupid animals on the planet. There are species of goat that will faint if you raise your voice. They are one step up from the Pheasants in the UK that will drop down stone dead if you wave a sheet of paper in front of them.

If you need to hunt to establish your masculinity then two things come to mind. One, you're a weirdo. Two, hunt something that will straight up run at you and kick you to death, unlike a goat who will look at your missed bullet with a slightly confused look before settling down to eat grass.

Where I come from "Hunting" goats involves busting ya arse and risking your life to trek into the areas they like to be, rocky hilly country with lots of scrub, then being able to stalk them till u get close enough to take a shot before they scatter into break your neck country.
Not everyone hunts to establish their masculinity, some do it because they love being out in the bush & while they are there it can be an enjoyable challenge that does a service to the environment, a sort of giving back to the land that is giving me pleasure.

I don't eat wild meat cause I know sweat FA about how and would probably make myself sick but goat farming for meat is starting to take of here.
For those who don't know goat is good for you, a little tricky to cook (slow over low heat) but worth it. It's lower in fat & cholesterol than red meat and if it is farm goat not wild it is not as strong (gamey) taste.
It's also the most eaten meat in the world & makes the best curries imo.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i did some google-fu, and found pretty much nothing.
i'm sure this story is just a joke.

well even if there was a story, it would still be a joke.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
That's not a man in a goat costume, it's a Bigfoot in a goat costume......... Yep, definitely a bigfool.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fatpastyhead

He/she/it is probably trying to have sex with them. Either that or make new friends. There are some weird ones out there.

WARNING - Bad Taste Video

edit on 22-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

No he's an idiot...

edit on 21-7-2012 by whyamIhere because: bubba kush

Why? Cause he sees this life for what it is and apparently just wants to spend it experiencing something completely fascinating? Would you rather he work a day job? Pay an electric bill? Have a cell phone? Contribute to society? I guess the only argument you have is that if he does get shot, it sucks for the person who shot him. But then again.. that person was out hunting living things in the first place. As far as the dangers to the goat man, he's either well aware of the potentials, or just doesn't care. Either way it doesn't make him an idiot
edit on 23-7-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Could the "Goat Man" be Daniel Suelo?

I remember reading about a man who lived in a cave a few months back, I don't know the geography of the area so it may just be a completely different person. Goat Man or not I think that Daniel Suelo is awesome, I'd love to get off "The Grid"

www.bbc.co.uk...

Daniel Suelo lives in caves in the canyonlands of Utah. He survives by harvesting wild foods and eating roadkill. He has no job, no bank account and does not accept government welfare. In fact, Suelo has no money at all. Suelo may have shunned all the trappings of modern American life, but he is not an isolationist. Since abandoning money in 2000, the former cook from Moab, Utah has remained an active member of his community and avid blogger. Mark Sundeen, author of The Man Who Quit Money, admits many people would regard Suelo's alternative lifestyle as bizarre. But the 2008 financial crash has led many to question the value of money. He explains some of the lessons found in Suelo's philosophy.

edit on 23-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: added more

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by whyamIhere

Maybe he'd "rather be with the animals..yea"

edit on 22-7-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

Good reference, one of most played albums in my teenage years.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Originally posted by whyamIhere

No he's an idiot...

edit on 21-7-2012 by whyamIhere because: bubba kush

Why? Cause he sees this life for what it is and apparently just wants to spend it experiencing something completely fascinating? Would you rather he work a day job? Pay an electric bill? Have a cell phone? Contribute to society? I guess the only argument you have is that if he does get shot, it sucks for the person who shot him. But then again.. that person was out hunting living things in the first place. As far as the dangers to the goat man, he's either well aware of the potentials, or just doesn't care. Either way it doesn't make him an idiot
edit on 23-7-2012 by bacci0909 because: (no reason given)

Now you are just guessing...

I will stick with my original thought...He's an idiot.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
‘Goat Man’ In Utah Mountains Identified
well sorta

lasvegas.cbslocal.com...

Phil Douglass of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources said he received a call Monday from a 57-year-old Southern California hunter who explained he was merely trying out his goat suit in preparation for a mountain goat hunt in Canada next year.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
‘Goat Man’ In Utah Mountains Identified
well sorta

lasvegas.cbslocal.com...

Phil Douglass of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources said he received a call Monday from a 57-year-old Southern California hunter who explained he was merely trying out his goat suit in preparation for a mountain goat hunt in Canada next year.

Thanks for posting this...

When I found it is was somebody from here in So.California.

My only thought was...It Figures.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Baphomet in the flesh folks.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
When I found it is was somebody from here in So.California.

My only thought was...It Figures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join