It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness: Someone let gunman inside Colorado movie theater

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
We definitely need some accutate time references here.
Isn't there a record of when the shooting started?
Supposedly during an action scene in the movie......so when/what time was that?

I think there were 3 guys involved.
1 the guy who took the phone call, and opened the door.
2 they guy already dressed who came in and did the shooting, then left with guy #1 driving the get-away car,
and 3. Holmes the patsy who sits in his car and waits like they told him to. But then maybe he was supposed to go home and get blown up, as #1 & 2 did the rigging, but Holmes was on to it.

I noticed on the pics of the back door, it looks lke bloody tracks there? Did victims come out that door too?
And I see he dropped his AK there too.

Well, we know when the shooting started because the 911 call came in shortly after it began, and that was around 1:30 a.m. So it's pretty much firm when it started. I think it was more a matter of wanting to get the varying accounts linked. I think the discrepancies are going to be more toward the trauma these people went through. I can't imagine being able to recall the movie after going through what they went through.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Also here's an interesting picture I found which is relevant to this discussion:

I really believe he was the individual that took the phone call and walked out the rear exit. Looking at the picture he seems to have deliberately parked in the middle of both back exits, perhaps unsure of which screen the movie would be in. He goes out to his car, gears up and returns. His vehicle is in range of either exit. Lone gunman I say. Whether he was under orders or some kind of mind control is open to speculation.
edit on 22-7-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Valhall

The first 911 calls flooded local stations at 12:39am MST, with police responding within a minute to a minute of a half, where they encountered Holmes near his white Hyundai in the Theatre's back parking lot.

Link

link   

Originally posted by daniel_g
Ok, suppose he acted alone and he was the one who "got the phone call" and left the door open. How in the world did he know where to park the car? You don't know what room you'll get until you get the ticket.

I recon that part of the parking lot may have been empty since it's on the back of the theater, easy to park where ever you want. But even after getting the ticket, he must have known where auditorium 9 was in order to park his car right next to the door.

If there was a second person, that person could have flagged him down to the right spot.

I'm just saying a second person would have made this a lot easier, otherwise this guy was a freaking mastermind to plan everything with such detail.

You are forgetting that you can book tickets in advance of screening

link   
reply to post by mattdel

1: Fire exit doors are one way. We know that. However, they are also tied in to the fire system of the entire building complex. If 1 fire door opens, the fire alarm goes off, building wide. Why didn't that happen? If you question the validity of this statement, I implore you to go try it. I've done it a couple times by accident, one I specifically remember in a Dennys. I opened the door, and a deafening siren went off that startled the entire restaurant.

The only way I can explain this is to assume that the suspect(s) previously scoped out the cinema, and tested to make sure the doors didn't set off any alarms, I don't think any of them do. Another, more conspiratorial explanation, would be that the alarms were disabled by professional agents and that this was some sort of false flag operation.

2: In questioning whether or not James actually pulled the trigger, wouldn't it be common police procedure to test his person and effects for gun powder residue? Surely someone who injured 72 people will have some dust on his arms, hands, clothing. Also, surely he would be blood spatter patterns on him, as I've read the shooter took at least 2 lives via point blank handgun shots.

Good question, I don't know, I haven't heard anything about that. But it may be possible they didn't bother checking him because he confessed to everything, including the explosives in his apartment, which was later confirmed, and thus he would seem pretty guilty to them and such tests may not be deemed necessary.
edit on 22/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Am I missing something or did he shoot up two theaters? 8 and 9 or just 9?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Plans all this for months. Traps his apartment, puts guns in his car, wears full body armor for any engagement, but casually gave up after his rampage. That's bizarre.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ear-Responsible

Actually I just noticed that picture isn't entirely accurate. The exit in question doesn't seem to be listed in that picture. The exit he went in and came out of is actually right behind that wall near his car, the door is just out of sight. Take a look at this pic and you'll see what I mean:

I would be willing to bet he parked right near that door on purpose, he knew exactly what cinema he was going into.

But that's not the interesting part of the image imo. Look at where that gas mask was found. Right down near the end of the building, quite a distance from his car, where he was found waiting for the police.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hey guys, long time lurker. This thread made me join just to post a reply. First of all I think it's totally obvious the shooter did have an accomplice. Everyone is so infatuated with how he possibly propped the door open so as to get back in? Seriously, not hard to do. A door jam, cell phone, anything leaving enough space for him to get his fingers through the slit in the door would do (as the fire exit door from the outside does not have a handle).

That means absolutely nothing in my mind. I'm interested in the call this man seemed to have got when he was situated. After this supposed call, he gets up from his seat and walk over to the exit door and.....then what? At this point the story becomes murky. But people are asking why the man ( possibly Holmes ) went back to his seat after opening the door. What? Are you serious? IF he had an accomplice and this accomplice walked over to the door to let Holmes enter, why oh why would he then go back to his seat, knowing full well a rampage was about to take place?

My very simple theory: Holmes did have an accomplice. This accomplice DID let Holmes in through the fire exit door. After he opened the door for Holmes he exited to leave Holmes to his 'work'.

There are simply too many eye witness accounts that say this man received a call and then walked over to the door. Put yourself in his position, as disgusting as it is. What's the most frugal method for accomplishing this evil task? He conveniently parks right next to theater 9's exit. It becomes a question of foreknowledge.

I think his accomplice was the spotter. He also helped prep and plan. He scoped out the theater and relayed info to Holmes. Theater 9 ? Okay. Holmes parks the car next to the exit. He walks up to the door and calls. His helper then opens the door and lets Holmes in. Helper leaves. Holmes was already suited up before he enters parking lot sans the head gear.

What I am having a hard time believing, given the immense excitement about the opening of the film, how was that one parking spot left open for Holmes to park? Hmmmm.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by Valhall

The first 911 calls flooded local stations at 12:39am MST, with police responding within a minute to a minute of a half, where they encountered Holmes near his white Hyundai in the Theatre's back parking lot.

Link

Gotcha! Okay, so it may not be too far off to state that it started about "10 minutes into the movie". Especially if there were long credits at the front? That would put it just about right for 12:30 to 12:40.

Has anyone here been to see the movie to tell us whether they have a lot of credits up front or whether it just goes straight to the movie with no credits at the beginning?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie

He only entered theater 9 but bullets did go through the wall and hit victims in theater 8.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

False info,. The shooter purchased his own ticket and then propped the door open when he went out to his car to gear up.

Your entire site is full of disinformation, distortions, and outright fabrications.

people that need to use conspiracy theories to explain events like this are weak minds that cannot fathom the complexities of the modern world. Instead of working hard to wrap their brains around the real horror they invent silly and easily debunked theories that put the blame on shadow orgs and groups.

The idea that a government would stage an event like this as a means of getting guns away from people makes zero sense. Here is why:

If the government is already willing and able to commit acts such as this then there is no reason to take people's guns away. In addition, if the government has the ability and wherewithal to do this then owning a firearm is not going to prevent them from doing whatever they want to anyone at any time.

Check out the real fact that he mom knew he did it before it was even reported. He was a troubled person for a long time. All the facts point to him being an isolated lunatic, ticking time bomb.

No conspiracies needed.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniesoda
I specifically remember watching an interview early on with a young lady with short dark hair saying the gunman started shooting during the movie...a boring scene with Morgan Freeman speaking To Bruce Wayne

I think we/you are forgetting that there were two showings that night.... one started earlier than the other??

Which means statements will be out of sync.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I saw the film friday and i dont remember there being any credits at the beginning.... i just remember it getting straight to the action on the plane!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

He only entered theater 9 but bullets did go through the wall and hit victims in theater 8.

Alright, thanks for the insight. I was confused as to the theater 8 ordeal. In my mind I was like "how did he have time to sprint down to theater 8 and how did he get in?"

If bullets went through the wall, then it all makes sense to me now. Thanks man.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Shurlock

Why are you on a conspiracy site????...in the CONSPIRACY forums.

WOW.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Check out the real fact that he mom knew he did it before it was even reported

Psychic mom discredits the accomplice theory how?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shurlock
reply to post by CALGARIAN

False info,. The shooter purchased his own ticket and then propped the door open when he went out to his car to gear up.

Your entire site is full of disinformation, distortions, and outright fabrications.

people that need to use conspiracy theories to explain events like this are weak minds that cannot fathom the complexities of the modern world. Instead of working hard to wrap their brains around the real horror they invent silly and easily debunked theories that put the blame on shadow orgs and groups.

The idea that a government would stage an event like this as a means of getting guns away from people makes zero sense. Here is why:

If the government is already willing and able to commit acts such as this then there is no reason to take people's guns away. In addition, if the government has the ability and wherewithal to do this then owning a firearm is not going to prevent them from doing whatever they want to anyone at any time.

Check out the real fact that he mom knew he did it before it was even reported. He was a troubled person for a long time. All the facts point to him being an isolated lunatic, ticking time bomb.

No conspiracies needed.

If I could give you 100 stars I would. So many people are so narrow-minded they do not want to believe that it was a maniac that committed this heinous crime and not the government. I find it highly disrespectful and disgusting that people would suggest time and time again during events such as this that the government are involved in some way shape or form. Hypothetically speaking IF this was the work of the government do you really think they would spend millions of dollars on this investigation? Why did they deploy police to the seen if it was the government? It would be so easy for the government to simply clear up all the bodies wouldn't it?

There are good conspiracy theories and then there are some out right stupid ones and this is one of the stupid ones.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

IF he had an accomplice and this accomplice walked over to the door to let Holmes enter, why oh why would he then go back to his seat, knowing full well a rampage was about to take place?

Because he wanted a front row view of the carnage about to unfold?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Shurlock

Why are you on a conspiracy site????...in the CONSPIRACY forums.

WOW.

Don't mind him. New member and that's his only post. Every word he typed reeks of shill tactics. It also appears one of his shill friends gave him a quick star within milliseconds, thus verifying the robustness of his "down to Earth" rational approach.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join