It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness: Someone let gunman inside Colorado movie theater

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Considering we had both the video of Zimmerman being booked and also the video running away within 24 hours and we're going on 72 hours now, it's extremely odd.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zackforester
reply to post by adjensen

How big do you think the parking lot is? It's maybe 150 yards from the back corner of the building to the road. Doing 15 MPH you cover 150 yards in about 20 seconds. And the timing isn't mine. It's according to the Washington Post.

It doesn't matter how far it is -- by the time he's done shooting, exits, gets to his car, drives around the side of the building, that front lot would be packed with people, and yet no one reports that they saw a car driving out from around the back? And if the cops got there 90 seconds after the first call, look at that map -- they'd see any car moving because their field of range covers that whole area once they're 30 or 40 meters out of their own parking lot.

It's a classic Occam's razor -- your version requires drugging, impeccable timing, and a bunch of blind witnesses. Mine just requires him to walk to the end of the building to go kill the people around the front, see the incoming cops, and know that it's time for "Plan B", whatever that was.
edit on 22-7-2012 by adjensen because: cars != cops

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 08051962

Oh I knew you meant that (& also the person quoted). Just being OCD re the detail. And didn't see till afterwards that 1 or more posters had also mentioned it.

Agree. This just gets curioser & curioser.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
CNN are going with this:

Holmes surrendered without resistance within seven minutes of the first 911 calls from moviegoers, Oates said. He was arrested in the theater's rear parking lot.
"If you think we're angry, we sure as hell are angry about what has happened to our city, what has happened to these wonderful people who live here, and also what he threatened to do to one of our police officers," the police chief said.

Some witnesses said the shooting occured for about 1-2 minutes. So what happened in those 5 remaining minutes?

Also what did he threaten to do to the police officers???

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Valhall ~ and everyone else -
Good questions... I've got a few too, more on that in a later post.

1. I would venture to say that 100rd. drum by all likelihood jammed in the theater, and the shooter knew it early on. So he ditched it there, and managed to grab at least one or more
(full number unknown) 30rd magazine.
(see also #2)

Some easy searching on the web, and there are many reviews of those drums jamming and or just being a pain in the snip. From what I gather, the entire thing needs to be disassembled to be cleared of said jam, and to be reloaded.

2. Whether he exited the theater to retrieve gear from his car is also unknown right now, but I do recall an article with a witness who said that they thought he left to reload or something. I need to find and confirm that one, as it could help explain your oddity #1 and #2.

3. I'm curious of that too... according to the CNN released police log - there is this tidbit:

01:05:14 get us some damn gas masks for theater 9 we can’t get in it
01:06:14 16 I need a marked car behind the theater stable side,suspect in a gas mask. 01:06:22
01:06:50 everyone hold the air one second, cars where that white car in the rear of the lot, is that a suspect? YES! we've got rifles, gas masks, you can see him ive got a open door going into the theater, OK hold that position, hold that suspect! 01:07:05

Source

Rifles, and gas masks.... plural?
And he was just chilling by his car?
Call me crazy, but early on ... wasn't there a report of a second Glock in the car, and also a helmet and gas mask? If so, that means he at least planned ahead for someone to else to go with him.

Oh, also -
Said car has the rear passenger window broken in what appears to be an inward direction.
Front passenger window is either shattered also, or conveniently rolled down.
Rear hatch was held down with black electrical tape.

As seen in this photo.

Just some observations.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Here is a great example how the media twists the evidence to make the patsy look guilty:

liveblog.washingtonpost.com...
ABC News says that its reporters called a woman in San Diego they believed to be the mother of James Holmes, 24, who is in police custody following a mass shooting in a Colorado movie theater early Friday morning.
The woman reportedly told reporters that she was unaware of the shooting and had not yet been contacted by authorities. She told them that she was the mother of James Holmes.
You have the right person,” the woman reportedly told ABC News reporters. “I need to call the police… I need to fly out to Colorado.”

Clearly, in the context of the interview with reporters, not police, she is talking about herself, not her son!
edit on 22-7-2012 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zackforester
reply to post by mr-lizard

By their refusal to release a mug shot, I'm under the impression that he didn't have a drop of blood on him and was still in the Joker costume he wore into the movie theater, but like you said, we'll have to see.
edit on 22-7-2012 by zackforester because: (no reason given)

WAS he wearing a Joker costume? All I have is this:

His hair was "painted" red
Under his tactical gear he was dressed in red

I don't recall hearing anything about him actually dressed up as the Joker. Just that he *supposedly* told the officers that "I am the Joker, enemy of Batman."

I just wish the witnesses would speak out about what he was wearing when he went into the theatre... if anyone noticed him outside the theatre (in the line)... ANYTHING!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeReeS
reply to post by starviego

I agree, and the following blog presents my suspicions and belief about what happened quite perfectly:

Best Theory Yet

Interesting, but why do you think he didn't use the shotgun?

"..tosses the guns into the car, the shotgun has been there all along..."

liveblog.washingtonpost.com...
The Daily Orange student newspaper at Syracuse University reports that Stephen Barton, a 2012 graduate who delivered a commencement address in May, was injured during the movie theater shooting this morning. His brother, David Barton, told the newspaper that the injuries are not life-threatening and Barton is undergoing surgery to remove pellets from his neck and chest.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Poster from another forum:
"Could this be the mysterious car with Tennessee license plates that was initially reported making the getaway and tossing out the gas mask?"

Also this post:

www.ctvnews.ca...
"I've listened to a couple of recordings of the Police and Fire Department radio traffic. Here are the key points regarding the second shooter: - The first witness description broadcast, is that the shooter is "possibly wearing a white and plaid shirt". (Is this the second person, reported to have left the theatre to take a phone call?) - As Denver officers arrive on the scene, one reports that a construction worker witnessed 2 people leaving the car park. One is carrying a red backpack and the other is dressed in black. Now what makes this interesting is that James Holmes has already been apprehended in the car park. Could it be possible there's actually 2 other people involved? - As the scene calms down and officers start speaking to witnesses, there are warnings broadcast of a possible second shooter. Also it's at this time that the radio traffic dies down, and you can hear officers giving out mobile numbers so they can contact via phone. Obviously whatever was going on, they didn't want it broadcast on radio in case it was overheard."

I remember other references to officers talking on cell phones in the early hours after the story broke. Was this a pre-planned move? What was so sensitive that they couldn't risk going public with it? They are obviously hiding plenty.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

Hmmm. Thanks for the info about the car. On the surface, it sure looks like a car that was placed there for search. If dude was just standing beside it, why would it be necessary to bust out 1 or more windows? Duct tape on the trunk just makes it seem like an easy way to access it if you don't have the keys.

It does appear more like a setup with every bit of information that is coming in... and most of it is not originating from MSM.

I can only dream that the investigation is being closely guarded in order to build a case against a conspiracy rather than create one.

edit on 7/22/2012 by HolographicPrincipal because: werdz

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
starviego - et al:

Could you, or anyone for that matter... point me to a link of the recorded radio traffic (pd/sd/fd etc) for said event?
So far, I haven't actively searched for any audio files of it.... but I'm sure they are out there.
If so, I'd really like to take a listen to it.

Methinks it would be helpful with drawing a definitive timeline to the events.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
blogs.denverpost.com...

Picture with the stop sing:
Guy wearing no shirt, where is it?
Sweating like he just ran half a marathon
Black pants, rolled up to look like shorts
Notice there is one guy and one girl wearing sweaters

If it really is that hot that you need to take shirt off, the guys in the sweaters must be suffocating. Otherwise, guy with tattoos is freezing. There is also a cigarette burning on the grass but that's irrelevant.

I just gave you enough facts to start another theory :p

But really, I want to point something out:
You can't remove the gas mask without removing the helmet first: So either he dumped the gear, walked with mask to corner, dumped it, returned to car (Makes absolutely no sense), or walked to corner, removed helmet, dumped mask but not helmet (huh, why?), returned to car and dumped rest of the gear. Or, maybe someone else.
edit on 23-7-2012 by daniel_g because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeReeS
reply to post by starviego

I agree, and the following blog presents my suspicions and belief about what happened quite perfectly:

Best Theory Yet

This blog was an excellent find. I do think some of the conspiracies (obviously) require a lot of speculation....however....

THIS BLOG: willyloman.wordpress.com... /

AND...the well throught out points in this thread leave several questions that need to be addressed:

1) Gas mask location. Important if beyond (or under) the security camera.
2) Layout of the "scenery" behind the theatre. THIS IS IMPORTANT....

From the diagrams throughout this post, I found it odd that there were trees immediately behind the rear parking lot. I started to think: "jeez -- trees back there, and this guy just can't hit the ground running?"

Then...I thought...maybe there is a retaining wall there (like: ridiculously high).

BUT THERE IS NOT! Look at the pics in the blog post: The trees appear to be ground level, leading to a road! The road (the second to last diagram in the blog post) seems to be opposite the police station (in google map on previous page).

This issue, coupled with the fact that the road cuts into the property at an angle....leaves a short boundary between the mask drop and the road....this leaves so many options for a getaway......(or an accomplice).

Like an earlier poster said: the timeline could make some of this irrelevent....but also maybe not...

Of all the places in all the world: a shallow back parking lot, mask removed under the security camera, a busy road cutting the property at a steep angle....full of unsuspecting people (depending on time)....and he goes back to his car....right outside the theatre....under (possibly, hard to discern, another camera)....and waits patiently?

All I am saying: the scene's final moments + the layout of the back of the theatre + the story of a guy who goes out of his way to dawn mucho-protective gear just gives up?

Seems like there was a lot of optionality in that scenario....
edit on 23-7-2012 by SFWatcher because: Edit = oh yeah....that broken window is ....at this point....weird....especially being the back one.....

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by daniel_g

And...focusing on your point in red (which was probably written as I was posting)....if he was ditching gear (helmet included, which as you say must come first....), and his wits were still (enough) with him to avoid dropping the mask until he was under the camera....why does he he then do an about-face?

His foot prints all go back along the sidewalk against the building....he never went straight out the door (notice the clean sidewalk)....

Seems unexplained that he would get all the way to the corner of the property....under that camera....and then go back to his car....

If someone thinks I am totally off base, i am all ears....that mask drop seemed out of occasion until I read the blog and saw the maps.....seems to make going back to the car an incredibly odd choice....

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
I keep thinking about the supposed "cell phone" guy. What if it was the shooter and cell phone call was real and his "trigger?" I've read the "manchurian candidate" theory batted around a few times and every time I read about it I think about the cell phone call.

I'm just posing a theory, we don't know what really happened...probably never will.

I think it's time we all reviewed the 1977 movie 'TELEFON', with Donald Pleasence as the rogue KGB agent who got several Americans to blow themselves up, as well as a targeted US installation, upon their receipt of a coded phone call.....via Central Mind Control!

I can't help but think of this movie at every instance where I suspect that a false flag 'Spectacular' event has been instigated by our 'secret services', based on mind control being inflicted on an innocent decoy, in order to achieve a certain strategic political goal....like mucho harm done to lots of people for a targeted goal!

The 'telefon' message included the words...."and I have many miles to go".....which triggered the recipients of the message to act like zombies to carry out their coded mission.

Can anyone fill me in on this and elaborate on the sense of this plot?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

For sure they are trying to band guns, same way they did in Australia with Martin Bryant guys. Don't fall for it USA

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
What is the point of putting on all his tactical gear, just to simply take it off when leaving the theatre strewn everywhere. Also I have a hunch there were two suspects. One in theatre 8 and one in theatre 9, hence the strewn items. After the alarms (if they were) were sounded, the suspect in either theatre would realise the other had started in the other theatre. One panicked and left the scene leaving his helmet exiting the other exit. It also highlights the fact that there were victims in both theatres.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
some great replies glad I caught this page trying to keep up on this I just want to write my first thoughts on the pics and replies here.

EVERYONE goes to movies weather its online or in the theater at one point we ALL watch movies eat popcorn.

I notice all of the cell phones being used by the people outside the theater which I understand I would bet everyone there with a cellphone was on it immediately BUT why did the phones work how could the cell towers handle that?

I have been in many emergency situations and the first thing that goes down are the phones from being overloaded. only radio communication is reliable in this chaos.

the anniversary of the Anders Brevick shooting was yesterday and what do we have going on with our police state I never EVER thought I would say that "police state AHHHHHHH " Come on ALex calm down, Right?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ChillyHeatwave

I didn't realize there were victims in the other theater did he fire at the walls or something?

the only explanation I can give for the warm clothing is it gets cold in theaters, I run hot and love it in the theater but I know my lady has to bundle up.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join