It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness: Someone let gunman inside Colorado movie theater

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by MmmPie
Am I missing something or did he shoot up two theaters? 8 and 9 or just 9?

He only entered theater 9 but bullets did go through the wall and hit victims in theater 8.

hmm...that would have to be quite a hell of a bullet, IMO, especially when the prep was standing in front the of the audience and open fires from the front of the theater.

The way they build crap these days you could probably knock a hold through that wall with your fist if you were motivated enough.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
found this...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

So far they're just your run of the mill college programs set out to help students. One chapter of Phi Beta Kappa issues help to those interested in the Arts or Science. I'm assuming he was in the Science program given hos background. The thing that strikes me as odd is that he would join a frat...seems strange if he was infcat a "loner".

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Don't know about soundproofing these days. I did a soundproof room in 1990, a sound studio, it is thick stuff. It was thick dense stuff we put between all the rafters. I don't even know how to describe it really. It was similar to carpet though. We stacked it up in layers, that was as thick as the rafters. Then we had to use thick plywood, then thick sheetrock. These days they might have some special light density lightweight stuff to soundproof. I don't know.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

The thing that strikes me as odd is that he would join a frat...seems strange if he was infcat a "loner".

Phi Beta Kappa isn't a fraternity, it's an honour society. Think MENSA, not "Animal House"

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Do they even soundproof cineplexes? I quite frequently hear movies from adjoining theaters during quiet moments.

But that's all beside the original point which was a questioning of bullets going through the wall into the next theater. How exactly would you fake that? There was a packed theater full of witnesses who saw it happening and saw the wounded people.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

The thing that strikes me as odd is that he would join a frat...seems strange if he was infcat a "loner".

Phi Beta Kappa isn't a fraternity, it's an honour society. Think MENSA, not "Animal House"

Nice catch, I just got looking at the page about annual meetings and get togethers. I figured it was some sort of frat, but you're right. I guess one is not obligated to attend any of the functions being conducted by the program. Would be nice though if you're taking their cash!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Probably a typo.
edit on 22-7-2012 by bobrules because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
It's amusing how the self-described smart people in this forum think they know what's going on by what they've heard. He's a patsy! It's psyop! Gun control! Darpa! Don't they understand that law enforcement is doing the actual work? Don't they understand that people who know a lot more than them are working on this case? Honestly, the conspiracy theories are annoying.

But I know this is ATS and that's what ATS does. Still, I want to grab them and tell em that sh** happens! Guys lose it and get some guns and blow all their frustrations out in some bullets.

I don't understand how someone can justify it, no matter how badly they're wronged. The only thing I can think is people who do this are psychopathic/sociopathic and angry and borderline suicidal. Being psychopathic/sociopathic means they lack empathy for others. Being angry and suicidal makes them unsettled and prone to insanity. Put the two together and you can have massacres.

Gun control will be the result, one way or another.
edit on 22-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

I believe the governments are capable of brainwashing people to create 'Manchurian' soldiers.

I also think that the social atmosphere in the world allows the most mentally ill individuals to grow and cultivate their psychotic personalities to a point where there is no need for the government to create 'Manchurian' soldiers.

The current social atmosphere leaves the governments to need nothing more than patience and a malleable plan.

The governments - and by now, the private sectors should too - know that it is only a matter of time before someone's psychotic personality will bloom and result in the tragic events we are becoming more accustomed to.

When this happens, the governments leap into action, pushing whatever agenda they can down our throats. It is a perfect situation for them, because they can claim to be right and as a result they will get what they want. Because they had no part in the construction of the event, they will never be caught red handed.

I believe the public needs to recognize this and say 'NO' to anything the government shovels our way as a result. We should work to identify where the social construct is failing and address the issue there - instead of allowing the government to cripple the sane public with more unwanted constraints.

The game has changed and they know it. Their big secret is they do not want you to know how thin the thread has gotten that holds the weight of their arguments for constitutional reform.

Once we identify this and work further to understand the depths they go to hold their slipping grip, we can truly return this great nation of USA to what our grandparents, great-grandparents and ancestors before them envisioned when they began their lives and families here, what now seems so long ago.

If I could change one thing by asking a favor of any friends throughout the world, who do not want to let go of their freedoms and the way of life promised through the spilling of sweat and blood from the family members of our historical past... I would ask you all to not be scared as a result of these terrible events, please do not allow yourself to be fooled into believing we need any changes that revoke our rights or further limit the freedoms that we all know allow The Great United States of America to be the pinnacle standard other societies around the world have strived to become.

We can return our Patriotic Pride and hold our heads high when asked where we are from, if we will only say 'NO MORE' to those who wish to transform what was the greatest civilized society for free man ever, into a country that not only resembles a corporation, but embodies the definition completely.

Please remember you have all the power, if you will only use it. It only takes 1 match to burn down an entire forest. 1 voice can begin a movement that will change our future and the future of our children and even our friends in other countries.

Please do not fall in with the popular voice, because the popular voice is scripted by some of the best salespeople the world has ever seen assembled.

Don't go along to get along! When you recognize an agenda let everyone know it. Make them see and they will gain the strength and confidence to stand by your side, even when you come face to face with an unslayable giant. The convictions and intelligence we share with each other will not allow the giant to claim control over the rest of our lives.

Take it back!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

That's a valid point, it could vary state to state as well. Building codes bewteen NY and CT, varied, as well as from town to town. All the theatres I been in where in NY, and NB. Those seemed to be sound proofed.

Oh yeah, I wasn't saying it was faked, but that it would have to pack some punch to go through the soundproofed walls, if they were built like the one I did.
edit on Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:10:47 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Okay, so I guess I do have some questions on this thing.

1. The APD states his gun jammed and they found his 100-round mag on the floor of the theater. They state they don't know if it was empty. I'm not sure why they wouldn't already know that. It doesn't take Quantico to tell if you if there are rounds left in a magazine. They should already know one way or the other.

2. The gun was left outside the theater next to the emergency exit door on the sidewalk. It had a 30 rd mag in it.

3. The initial police statements said they found him kind of cowered (or something to that effect - hanging around, so to speak) his car and he did not resist and just gave up when they approached him. Now the APD states that they first thought he might be part of a SWAT team except that 2 officers noticed something that was different about his gear and they approached him. We still haven't been told anything to the contrary that he did not resist and peaceably surrendered when approached. If that's the case, why is a large amount of his gear strewn all over the back lot of the theater? His gun is next to the back door, his helmet is in another place, his gas mask is a long ways from his car, as well as what appears to be a good portion of his protective clothing quite a distance from his car and the exit.

These are things that have me a bit perplexed.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I don't think it's significant as the chaos inside the theater was simply that...chaos. But in this police log there is a brief moment @01:09:58 that mentions "one of the shooters".

Police Log

Could this have been one of the other people that threw one of the gas canisters? Maybe he was armed aswell, I read in another thread that there may have been a gun planted in the theater. Just tossing around something to think about.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

You just cannot open a fire-exit from the outside. IT doesn't have a handle; even if you had a gun to shoot it, it cannot be opened. Someone let him in, chances of someone leaving the fire escape to take a phone call and leaving it open just enough to let someone else open it.

There must be a second person involved.

edit on 21-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

That is pretty much bull excrement. If you are an avid movie goer, you know that to do a doobie or just have a few minutes in fresh air. you could always go to the fire exit, prop it open and leave a matchbook or whatever in the jam, and no one would be the wiser. The doors are always behind curtains, and the staff know very well if they see the door jammed open, and do nothing, as long as no other people come swinging in that did not pay. This , actually leaves a bit of blame on the ushers in the theater, as they monitor those doors, and most of the doors today, set off a signal in the main room that they are open. We have been duped again in our lack of security, as this shows what can happen when someone opens a fire exit door.......

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I'm with you on all you posted...

some of it just doesn't make any sense..

and why is his gear all over the place if he was pretending to be a SWAT team member?

bah...who knows...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel
Pretty easy, actually. Blasting caps can be set off with electricity, and electricity can be funneled through a cell phone's capacitor, right out into the cap, all while the phone still works.

Yep. And it doesn't even need to be that complicated. For instance, a cell set on "vibrate" mode can be used, with a little imagination, as the trigger to cause a connection to close between a power source and a detonator. Calling the phone will make it vibrate vigorously enough to disturb otherwise stable objects, and BOOMshakalaka. No tedious wiring or knowledge of circuitry required. Keep calling until you get a "this customer cannot be reached" message, which tells you that the phone was destroyed in the explosion and therefore confirms it.

Or so I read, in a book called The Joy of Cooking Anarchists.

Which is no longer in my possession. In fact it never was. I was just walking through the park one day and saw it sitting open on a bench with no one around and I was curious so I looked long enough to see the above with a little diagram and I walked away quickly thinking 'not for me, no sir!'

Honest.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Plaid and white shirt, eh? Kind of like the one Yeom is wearing in his FB profile pic?
I really wouldn't be surprised if he was the accomplice.

I've yet to hear a desciption on the cellphone guy. Was his hair dyed red? Was he white? What he wearing all red, as Holmes was (underneath all this tactical gear0? Did he have a backpack on him? Was he seen interacting with anyone else in the theatre or in line?

So many questions!
Also from Police Logs

01:09:58 one of the shooters might be wearing a white and blue plaid shirt 01:10:03

news.blogs.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Witness: Someone let gunman inside Colorado movie theater

www.wkyc.com

"As I was sitting down to get my seat, I noticed that a person came up to the front row, the front right, sat down, and as credits were going, it looked like he got a phone call. He went out toward the emergency exit doorway, which I thought was unusual to take a phone call. And it seemed like he probably pried it open, or probably did not let it latch all the way. As soon as the movie started, somebody came in, all black, gas mask, armor, and threw a gas can into the audience, and it went off, and then there were gunshots that took place."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Sun Jul 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: hopefully this will fix the removal of (video) from the title

edit on Sun Jul 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

im sorry but i thought this was painfully obvious. someone in the theater let him in, plus there were witnesses a few days ago saying that they saw TWO shooters. now there are reports that there was a 2nd shooter on tv. this whole story is just insane.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

You just cannot open a fire-exit from the outside. IT doesn't have a handle; even if you had a gun to shoot it, it cannot be opened. Someone let him in, chances of someone leaving the fire escape to take a phone call and leaving it open just enough to let someone else open it.

There must be a second person involved.

That is pretty much bull excrement. If you are an avid movie goer, you know that to do a doobie or just have a few minutes in fresh air. you could always go to the fire exit, prop it open and leave a matchbook or whatever in the jam, and no one would be the wiser. The doors are always behind curtains, and the staff know very well if they see the door jammed open, and do nothing, as long as no other people come swinging in that did not pay. This , actually leaves a bit of blame on the ushers in the theater, as they monitor those doors, and most of the doors today, set off a signal in the main room that they are open. We have been duped again in our lack of security, as this shows what can happen when someone opens a fire exit door.......

oh boy, bring on the next TSA
theater security agency...

maam, im afraid i cant let you in to see this pixar film, your popcorn looks suspicious (and tasty). please remove your clothes and step out of line.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 08051962

Correcting the reference "plaid and white shirt"...it is "blue & white plaid shirt". It's on one of the scanner links- not radio reference, the other one that has it separated into 5 files; 2 for the fire dept & 3 for the PD. It's on one of the PD files, but I don't know which one.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tsurugi

Any chance of you linking a map with some GPS coordinates to this book? I wanna have a read.

Using google to find it will surely bring a black suburban into my driveway rather quickly, I think.
edit on 22-7-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join