It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness: Someone let gunman inside Colorado movie theater

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Witness: Someone let gunman inside Colorado movie theater

www.wkyc.com

"As I was sitting down to get my seat, I noticed that a person came up to the front row, the front right, sat down, and as credits were going, it looked like he got a phone call. He went out toward the emergency exit doorway, which I thought was unusual to take a phone call. And it seemed like he probably pried it open, or probably did not let it latch all the way. As soon as the movie started, somebody came in, all black, gas mask, armor, and threw a gas can into the audience, and it went off, and then there were gunshots that took place."
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Jul 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: hopefully this will fix the removal of (video) from the title

edit on Sun Jul 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You just cannot open a fire-exit from the outside. IT doesn't have a handle; even if you had a gun to shoot it, it cannot be opened. Someone let him in, chances of someone leaving the fire escape to take a phone call and leaving it open just enough to let someone else open it.

There must be a second person involved.

edit on 21-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
of course...no way did he fabricate an ideology all by himself...

someone encouraged him...supported him....and as i think...set him up.

also..who are the police saving their bullets for...?

they ought to round up everyone that never got shot.....who sat in the front rows...

and...who are they saving the cctv for......?...(rhetorical)

"Holmes changed into his body-armour and moved back into the cinema to launch his real-life rampage just as a cacophonous shooting scene erupted on the screen.
When surrendered to police, he told them he was "The Joker", the fictional villain in previous Batman books and films.
" www.telegraph.co.uk...

does that mean he saw the film before???,,,,,how did he know it starts with a shooting scene?????
edit on 21-7-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Makes me wonder, if there was a helper....Could it be similar to the underwear bomber's "helpers"?

+34 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I wonder what the likelihood was that it was the shooter. He parks his car at the back, pays to go to the movie, comes in, walks out the emergency exit door, keeps it from locking, gets all his stuff on, then comes back in.

Depends on how long ahead of the shooting the above cited person getting up and going to the door was.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
makes me wonder who/where that girl in the pic with him and his red hair?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Maybe the shooter was in cahoots with someone working at the theater.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

It's photshopped lol.
Check it out

I would guess she is somewhere in UK. I am surprised no one here from the UK picked up on it. I suppose she must not be that famous.
edit on Sat, 21 Jul 2012 21:52:29 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
I wonder what the likelihood was that it was the shooter. He parks his car at the back, pays to go to the movie, comes in, walks out the emergency exit door, keeps it from locking, gets all his stuff on, then comes back in.

Depends on how long ahead of the shooting the above cited person getting up and going to the door was.

Good point. That would make sense.. hmm

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The trick I used to use to sneak back in and see movies. You put a piece of duct tape over this piece, dunno what it is called sorry:

It keeps the door from latching, and you leave some of the flap sticking out of the door to use as a handle to pull it back open. Maybe that is what he did? Who knows
edit on Sat, 21 Jul 2012 22:01:56 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a planned government act in order to take the focus of Syria and Israel.
It couldn't be better written..

edit on 21-7-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It has already been said by the police that he had a ticket to the show on him when arrested, which means had bought the ticket and was likely in the theater, i believe this has also been said, I have listened to SiriusXM broadcasts of CNN and Fox for the last 2 days in the work truck, and it has been reported several times that he left the theater, propped open the fire exit door, went to his car and changed, and re-entered via the fire escape. Where i live, it is normal to use the stage side exits after a movie to leave as all the (limited) parking is behind the theater at the post office and public lots (smaller town), so the doors are not alarmed. In a larger city, I find it surprising that the fire exits are not alarmed, as they are here at the mall, and Wal-mart for example. You open a fire exit at wal-mart, or even the local "Boston Pizza's"bar patio, and it sets off a local alarm, on the door itself.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Where is the CCTV footage already??

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CloseEncounter

What makes you think there is any? Was it stated that there was? I am trying not to get all obsessed with this one like the JLL shooting, so I am not following every bit of info out there.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Hmmmm, looking at that picture, if he did do the duct tape trick, either he pulled it off on the way back in, or the investigators already pulled it off at the point that picture was taken.
edit on Sun, 22 Jul 2012 01:08:59 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I am hearing that the reason people think there were two is because of this incident where he comes to the front row sits down and then answers a phone call and goes out. Then another man in black comes in.

That was him. He was wearing regular clothes, faked the phone call which is very easy and went outside. He used something to keep the door cracked open where he them ran to the car, probably grabbed a duffle bag of his gear, ran back to the door where he was hidden from all and changed real quick.

Then, he went in and started murdering folks. When he was done, he went back to his car and that is where the Police got him. He put up no fight because he was in this mode that he is the Joker and he probably thought he was getting out anyway. Jail employees said he was in character mode spitting at everyone. They put a red towel over his face.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

It's a good theory, but kept the door cracked with what? If you notice, that door is one of those autoclosing deals, with the spring mechanism at the top. From the pictures, you can't really tell how well lit the area is. If it was well lit, someone would notice, and get annoyed at the light coming in from outside. I have not seen any layout of the place, it is possible that the door is far away enough that no one would notice light coming in.
edit on Sun, 22 Jul 2012 01:45:25 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

It's a good theory, but kept the door cracked with what? If you notice, that door is one of those autoclosing deals, with the spring mechanism at the top. From the pictures, you can't really tell how well lit the area is. If it was well lit, someone would notice, and get annoyed at the light coming in from outside. I have not seen any layout of the place, it is possible that the door is far away enough that no one would notice light coming in.
edit on Sun, 22 Jul 2012 01:45:25 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

A piece of wood he brought himself....a rock near by...anything...

He obviously knew the layout of the theatre. Wouldn't be suprised if he was there in advance on an earlier date to scope the place out and plan his attack.

I would check videos for sure.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Cell phone ?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Now there is a great example of thinking outside the box. Assuming it was a sizable and durable cellphone, the might just work. Some of those doors do close harder than others though. If it was a weak spring, even a piece of cardboard would do it.
edit on Sun, 22 Jul 2012 02:12:16 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join