It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Circle has a beginning and an end. Is Aug.12,2012 is the End?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The Mayan calender is a circle where the End is really just a Beginning.
The beginning is said to be August 13.
WHY wouldn't the END be August 12?
There are predictions about the last day of the Olympics ending being August 12 and something happenning that day.
Just a coincidence?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yeah, I dont think anything will happen, sure hope not but its gearing up on ATS as a big day for blood sacrifice, alien invasion and more,,..

Stayed tuned to ATS!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I though it was this 21 december

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Based on your logic every time the earth makes a full circle it ends.
So every 24 hrs the earth is supposed to end. Every time it circles the sun the earth is supposed to end....

This thread is so

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
So every 24 hrs the earth is supposed to end. Every time it circles the sun the earth is supposed to end....

This thread is so

Yes we have a new day when the earth makes a complete circle. We have a beginning to the new day and an end to the day.
So by MY LOGIC
The mayan calender is a CIRCLE a beginning Aug 13, 3114 bc WHY would the END not be right before the beginning which would be Aug 12?
I have SIMPLE LOGIC just wanted to know WHY its not Aug 12?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
But the calender in my kitchen ends on 12/31/2012

Is that the end of the world, or is the mayan calendar end date

Aw, hell... I'm just going to pretend that they both are just calendars that span a specific timeframe and that the end of the world is not implied by either.
edit on 21-7-2012 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew

Aw, hell... I'm just going to pretend that they both are just calendars that span a specific timeframe and that the end of the world is not implied by either.

By your logic your calender has a beginning Jan 1 and an end Dec 31. Those dates are back to back.
So by my logic. The mayan calender starts Aug 13 . WHY ISN"T THE END OF THE MAYAN CALENDER AUG 12???

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Texcin

Originally posted by HomeBrew

By your logic your calender has a beginning Jan 1 and an end Dec 31. Those dates are back to back.
So by my logic. The mayan calender starts Aug 13 . WHY ISN"T THE END OF THE MAYAN CALENDER AUG 12???

Because the Mayan calander is based on a cyclical pattern that does not perfectly fit in to our own, which is based on a totally different cyclical pattern, understand? To use the logic that it should fit perfectly in to our 12 month 365 day calander, or be equal multiples of, is where your logic is flawed. Ask yourself why would the mayan calander would possibly start and end on consecutive days based off of our 12 month cycle around the sun??

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Because we use a different callender, they had a lunar callender, and we use the georgian callender, so the months and years wont match up with the days.

^^ Beat me too it
edit on 21-7-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Because we use a different callender, they had a lunar callender, and we use the georgian callender, so the months and years wont match up with the days.

^^ Beat me too it
edit on 21-7-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

I had thought of that being a reason BUT I figured when they translated the Mayan calender into our greg. calender to get the date of Aug 13 as a starting date the end should still be Aug 12.
Also, I THOUGHTBoth the Greg calender and the Mayan calender were almost perfect for keeping time except for the yeap year thing with the greg calender. So in reality the should match up.
But if you say its so and the other guy too, I guess they are off 4 months.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
OP has a good point, i don't know why everyone is passively aggressively avoiding what OP is saying!?!?

if it STARTS (whatever it is) on 4 than is it not logical that it probably ended on 3 because its a circle!??!

why is everyone avoiding!?!?

peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I guess they are off 4 months.

ok so

august

so 4 off right?

September
October
November
December

its already July 21 so maybe its close enough?

December 21?

so now its December 21 again?

whoa...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

I guess they are off 4 months.

ok so

august

so 4 off right?

September
October
November
December

its already July 21 so maybe its close enough?

December 21?

so now its December 21 again?

whoa...

Like I said I have SIMPLE logic. If the translation to the Greg calender has a Greg beginning date of Aug 13 , my simple logic states it should end Aug 12. Both calenders are said to be almost perfect time keepers, so they should match up. But, if theres a deeper meaning , that I dont quit get, then the calenders are off 4 + months.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Texcin

hmmmm.

i am almost confused.

i hope something GOOD happens in my opinion (don't worry my opinion is friendly)

rather than something bad in my opinion, or nothing at all (in my opinion)

peace.
edit on 21-7-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think I get what you are saying, instead of december 21 it should be august 12. I don't know the answer and wasn't even aware that August 13 was involved in the beginning date. I assumed it was in December.

It can't be august 12 cause I have plans to attend a conference in September that I don't want to miss. Next opening was in December on the 21st.
edit on 21-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Maybe it show up from another dimension, maybe it comes out through a gateway in the sun. We have not been around long enough to know. The ancients described things the best way that they could. I had a post a few months back that got scoffed at My first post I was having a little problem with conveying my story. In short, my story was about My fiance going home to Russia to visit her family a few years back and her mother took her to see a nun that is psychic. She asked me if there was any question I wanted her to ask, I chose the subject of 2012 the end of the mayan calendar her answers were scary in my opinion and one of the answers my girl held back from telling me until recently. When asked the question her answers were...

1. When things are falling around you, you will remain standing
2. parts of the U.S. that were previously under water will return to being under water
3. being that you own land, start growing your own food
And the answer that was held back from me was...Please consider moving back to Russia, it will fare much better than the U.S. She was worried that I would be upset at the prospect of moving overseas.

Things the nun told her that were acurate and makes me believe she really has visions.

1. She knew of my girls arrival because her assistand needed some medical attention.
2. She knew my girl owned much property
3. She told my girl that I went to a movie with my ex girlfriend while she was in russia- correct
4. She knew that my girl was going to need rubles for a taxi ride the morning they departed russia.

She did not give a date but the question was about this year.
My now wife is back in Russia for 2 weeks then Bulgaria for a week and will be seeing the nun again on her trip. I will start a new thread with new info. I could care less about any further negativity or smart comments on my thread, I relay the info to my family friends and ATS. It can help put xtra food in your cabinets and be prepared if something does happen.

It reminds me of biblical prophecy about the earth getting pelted by 70 pound asteroids from the tail of Nibiru....

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

And it very much does, if you're right here ! On ATSssss

new topics

top topics

join