It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need to share something...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Some of you may write this off as a coincidence, while some may see this as a significant matter.

(This is NOT an abduction story or an encounter with extraterrestrials, so don't get your hopes up)

This happened several months ago, but I was reluctant to write a thread about it, because I didn't think it was important enough, not to mention I kept telling myself it's just a simple coincidence.

It was late one night, when I was watching either National Geographic or the History Channel and an episode about the Star Child's Skull was airing. Then after it was over (my parents were asleep and usually when I can't fall asleep I just watch TV until I get tired) I decided not to go to bed, but instead go on a scavenger hunt for my laptop. My mom, being the control freak she is, constantly takes my laptop at night because she doesn't want me to be on at it in the AM, but that's a whole nother story!
Anyway, I went into the living room upstairs and checked around the couches for my laptop. There's also a shelf with a glass window holding a bunch of old records my dad used to listen to during his heydays. I don't remember what compelled me to look at the record case, because I knew my laptop couldn't fit in there.

Now my eyes were not skimming the records, they just gravitated towards two specific records:

Wake Up Everybody by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
Starchild by Teena Marie

I don't know how, but my eyes just caught those two records when I turned my head to look at the shelf. I didn't intentionally try to search for these, they just caught my eye. Does watching that episode about the Star Child Skull have anything to do with me seeing a record called Starchild?

Is this just merely a coincidence and this means absolutely nothing at all...or is this possibly a sign?

You're welcome to ask any other questions if you want.

Moderators, feel free to move this into the correct section if you must.
edit on 7/21/2012 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The technical term for what happened to you, is "synchronicity"

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I was thinking the term was "Conformity Evidence" kind of like if you drive a jeep your mind is drawn towards that type of vehicle.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Yea i agree with the post above ,its kinda like when you buy a new car
then all of the sudden notice all of the other people driving the same model .they were always there you just dont pay attention until you owned that particular car... i hope you understand what i am trying to say sometimes i ramble lol

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

Hmm not sure in this case as "confirmation", is often about the subconscious desire to be "accepted" or seen as a "pack leader". Ie I drive a yellow Toyota, the hero in the film drives one, that makes me cool or. You drive a yellow Toyota therefore, if a hundred cars pass me on the road you notice the yellow Toyota and not the other cars.

Wake Up Everybody by Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes Starchild by Teena Marie

Given the examples here, not the sort of record collection you'd go through looking for records about "weird#". That's not to say they hadn't already noticed those titles months, years before and the brain was making the link and saying.."This interests you, so the next stop is...."

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Starchild:

Wake up Everybody

edit on 7/21/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

Ill tell you after all the things I've seen & been through which many may consider coincidences are actually not coincidences. Ever since I started to get that feeling that there had to be more to life than we thought, I slowly started to notice these small things which back then I passed off as a coincidences. There is a reason why those titles brought your attention. You just don't know exactly what that reason is but with more time Im sure that reason will reveal itself to you.

top topics

join