It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The problem with the Batman

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

it just the first minute that is outlining what is wrong with the batman

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I agree with him. Batman is a prick.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Dern I never thought about Batman that way.
Batman is a prick!

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

it just the first minute that is outlining what is wrong with the batman

You mean the first 37 seconds (I actually watched the full minute, and was disappointed that he didn't continue after 37 seconds - I thought you were honest, but alas..)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
I agree with him. Batman is a prick.

But he's wrong. Batman is no prick. Who's fighting "street-level crime"? Is JOKER really a Street-level-crime? Often Batman doesn't even have a choice if he wants to save a big amount of people. He doesn't politically go after the bigger crimes, but that's just the nature of comics - you can't make comics too political, it'd be boring for the readers.

Calvin&Hobbes actually dealt with this issue.. "Quick, to the bat-fax!".. remember? It'd not be an interesting adventure for the audience.

Batman isn't REAL. He doesn't exist. Thus, in his world, political corruption, the 'big guys' do not exist either. There's only Joker, Penguin, and a whole range of other "supervillains" that take his whole attention. There's nothing wrong with Batman - well, as far as superheroes go anyway. That's what they all do - they fight Galactus or Dr. Doom or Lex Luthor - they don't go after the banks or Rockefellers or any political stuff. They are too busy saving the whole earth (though I wouldn't bother, but perhaps it's a more pleasant earth in the comic Universe) and lots of people from being tortured and annihilated by the supervillains.

Does that black dude really think Joker is STREET-LEVEL crime? When did Batman actually fight street-level crime? Besides, maybe that's the only fight he knows how to fight - perhaps he doesn't know how to go after the bigger guys anyway. Isn't it good that he at least does SOMETHING? At least he protects the people from supervillains, thugs and crooks, so Gotham City is a safe place to live!

Sheesh, what a douche that guy is. If he could decide, comics would be so boring, no one would ever read one.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoujikina

Bat-Fanboys will always come out to defend their [hero]

No worries. Obviously we don't want a comic where Bruce Wayne takes down the big corrupt corporations or banksters, etc. So what we have is a man dressed up like a bat who punches thugs. Joker may not be "street level crime", but he is at worst a city-level terrorist. Bad, yes. But Batman never eliminates him and he knows he's just going to keep escaping. It's what he does. And Batman knows that. Like countless others have said, Batman needs the Joker. And the Joker needs Batman. If DC comics was real, and Batman wasn't getting in the way, the Feds would have taken down Joker a long time ago and killed him. Batman's talents as the "greatest detective ever" would be better put to use as... a detective. Bruce Wayne: Billionaire detective.

top topics

join