It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel fears attack at the olympic games ( Sunday Times front page UK )

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hey all was just listening to the radio when they were doing the Sunday paper reviews.

When they mentioned about, Israel fears attack at olympic games.

I'm not a subscriber to the Sunday Times so i couldn't get to read the article as its a pay site.

Here is a link to the front page though, it's a close up too for anyone interested.
Oh yeah forgot the link is to Sky's twitter account.

Link is not working!!!! Trying to find one now!!! Sorry folks

Found an image of front page hope its ok with mods??

files.abovetopsecret.com...

If anyone has got a better view of the article, would be appreciated.

Something is going down it seems?

edit on 21/7/2012 by 303inMyBrain because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/7/2012 by 303inMyBrain because: link not working

edit on 21/7/2012 by 303inMyBrain because: pic

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Who doesn't fear an attack at the olympic games?
With G4S in charge of security..

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Time will tell. If this was all planned then there is nothing we can do about it but say ''I told you so'' when it does.

You want a good indicator? Just see how many top achieving sportsman pull out of the olympics saying they aren't fit enough to compete.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

True mate, true. That is if even any of the G4S actually turn up!!!

2nd

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
Time will tell. If this was all planned then there is nothing we can do about it but say ''I told you so'' when it does.

You want a good indicator? Just see how many top achieving sportsman pull out of the olympics saying they aren't fit enough to compete.

Good point, will have to keep an eye out for who pulls out of their event.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
there will be an attack at the games if the entertainment value is higher than the monetary value because thats the world we live in right now
and personally i cant see an attack being entertaining enough to cause massive damage and halt the games unless its the precursor to as world war
collectively we dont have the attention span for an ordinary terrorist attack to effect us much (maybe support some quick legislation? but extremely doubtful)

the games will probably have more entertainment value as just the games so my money is on nothing happening
edit on 21-7-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

Hopefully nothing happens, but it's just the way the governments around the world who are knee deep in it, keep feeding the MSM scraps of info & warnings layering the blame ready if something should happen.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 303inMyBrain

again thats entertainment
people eat it up with a spoon
you get more out of it from the hype and speculation than you do from an actual event
if there were an actual event it would have to be the beginning of something very large or it would be less entertaining than they hype and speculation and would have been better replaced by the actual games

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'd love to think that Israel has nothing to worry about because the host nations to these games generally have the things locked down, tight as a drum after Munich and all. However, this set of games seems about at secure as a screen door on a bank vault.

Those who insist terrorists don't commit terrorism, we're counting on ya to be right! I'm not sure how likely it is they'll be caught with the headlines full of poor training and short staffing.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 303inMyBrain

Notice the Batman story directly under.

Fear paralyses and stupifies.

If you want some good advice leading up to the 'event' :-

Unplug your TV
Turn off the Radio
Stay away from sheeple and their ignorance
Be Conscious of what you feed your Mind
Meditate on Love
Find Peace within

Otherwise you'll end up a mental casualty, when the 'mind bomb' is exploded.

Love and Light to All

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Israel are probably saying this because of the recent bus attack, they feel that they are being targeted, and when Israel feels targeted, they believe that everyone is being targeted.

To be honest, i don't believe that there will be an attack on the olympics, too many diplomats will be there.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
FYI, just saw Jimmy Car do a skit on our comedy channel, he said,
''There's been a lot of planning for the 2012 Olympics. Especially by Al-qaida'
Now why would he say something like that?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Because he's a comedian,lol

2nd.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm not worried, most the people that go to see the Olypmics are 1%ers. I personally don't give a flying crap about the Olympics.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
is it me or does the letters G4S look like the word GAS?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

files.abovetopsecret.com...

If anyone has got a better view of the article, would be appreciated.

Seems to be online at Hindustan-Times.

www.hindustantimes.com

edit on 22-7-2012 by greyhat because: Link was broken

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

No, Israel is probably worried that THEIR athletes would be attacked, since when terrorists attack (usually Muslims) they tend to target Israel.

On a side note, isn't it pretty amazing that after Munich '72, in the following Olympics, and till this very day, the Olympic committee has categorically refused to pay tribute to the 11 athletes murdered? Even though such a tribute would glorify the spirit that the Olympic games is meant honor???

What a cop out to say "it would be a damper on the opening ceremonies"; 1 minute of silence is simple recognition. After the due silence and respect payed, everyone would then forget and on with the show.

I'm almost positive that if this happened to any other country but Israel, those athletes would have been payed tribute.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

it would more appropriate if they gave the 1 minute silent tribute in the the closing ceremony of the 1972 Olympics. It's a bit too late after 40 years to pay tribute in the 2012 Olympics. Most spectators and especially participants are born after 1972, and don't care what happened at the time.
edit on 7/22/2012 by coolieno99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by coolieno99

But it wasn't done. There memory wasn't honored, not in the closing ceremonies, or in '76, or '80, or '84,'88,'92,'96,'00, '04, or '08, and Israelis are stilled offended by it. Wouldn't you be? Wouldn't you sense some latent antisemitism here?

You can exclaim that it was 40 years ago and "people don't care" (In principle, people SHOULD care), but thats besides the point. A horrific tragedy occurred and the olympic community, so unlike in the spirit of universal humanity, has the temerity to say to Israel (as the president of the Olympic committee said) "its your tragedy, not that of the community of nations".

What a statement that is. Jews/Israelis want, as any reasonable, just person would want, recognition of that calamity. I would make the same statement towards any other country that didn't receive a solemn recognition of athletes lost during an olympic games - especially 11 who were murdered by an act of terrorism.

It's dangerous business to lower your guard and simply say "who cares".

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Oh, the Mossad "fears" and "worries"...or do they HAVE INFORMATION about an attack?

Seriously just shut up if all you're going to do is say some vague mess like that. You either have reliable information that something will happen, or you don't.

Any Joe or Jane can say they "fear" this will happen. Is that press worthy? No. This isn't a psychic hotline.

Hush Israel! If anyone is planning an attack, it's YOU! If anyone is aiding the enemy, it's YOU, or the US. Seriously.

These little mind games don't work with me. We've all seen how they play.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join