It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Feel Like Woody Harrelson's Character from 2012 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

What I mean is - do you feel like you 'know' something is going to happen and you're just waiting for it to happen ? The eruption of Yellowstone NP being a metaphor for the BIG global event(s) to come.

I know I'm probably playing up to some members insecurities (this is ATS after all), but that is not my intention.

I am starting to get very excited and agitated and I need to let off some steam. Like Charlie Frost.

Peace Out

Love to All

Stay Safe

Be One with Oneself

* Ned

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
well, no.

im just not like him.

but i do have that "something big is going to happen" type of feeling.

i want to say YES.

but i don't want to be disappointed.

but i want to be free.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I always imagined that roll was based on Alex Jones, personally.... I'd see myself more like the few trying to survive rather than run in circles and watch doom come with acceptance.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't see myself standing at ground zero awaiting death, but I suppose if I have to, I have to. I doubt it though. Not much going on around my town, except Westover AFB, but as far as I know it's been decommissioned to the point of basically a storage hanger for emergency times.

I do however find myself wanting to become a "prepper", more and more, but financially I'm barely hanging on as it is. Not a crazy prepper either, I'm not talking about bunkers and years of food. Let's face it. If something happens that makes the surface uninhabitable for more than a few weeks, we're dead anyway. I'm really only worried about having that few weeks of propane, few cases of water, just some essentials to help me through a few weeks of craziness before restoration begins. Really the only thing going for me is that I live in a very live-able place, post apocalypse. Rivers, lakes and streams surround my house winding through vast acres of wooded land, providing haven for all manner of animal species. Depending on the week, you can see flocks of wild turkey roaming through my yard 20 feet away from the house. The next week it's a few deer. Rabbits by the dozen. Add to that, I'm an ASE Master Auto Tech with 10 years of small engine experience as well, and I don't forsee myself having any problems living in a ravaged society.

Now, do I feel like Woody? Yes, sometimes. When I find myself in conversations with people who really just cannot see between the lines, at all.. I find myself so frustrated trying to guide the way that I end up going on little looney "rants" like he does in the movie. With everything happening lately, all seemingly leading up to a final crescendo, I want to scream from the mountaintops. People need to wake up around the world, stand up for what is morally right and take back the world from the people that are intentionally trying to take it over.
edit on 21-7-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I always imagined that roll was based on Alex Jones, personally.... I'd see myself more like the few trying to survive rather than run in circles and watch doom come with acceptance.

Have you seen the movie Wrabbit ?

The only people who survive are all the rich elitist scum-bags.

Think I'd rather die in a blaze of fury then spend the rest of my life pandering to fervered ego's.

*Ned

PS - I think AJ would end up on one of those arks - he's a shill for sure. (wow that was hard to type let alone say)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

You raise a good point Mattdel, and it's one that many preppers forget or don't consider at all.

Where you live and the people around you will be the most critical thing when the SHTF.

The words 'Love Thy Neighbour' start to take on a very real and potent meaning in this context.

Community support should be the number 1 priority. Then store some food and have water available.

If you don't have a lot of money, then just buy cheap raw bulk foods that last forever if stored properly, like
rice, lentils and beans. Hippies live on these things every day

Peace Out

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Have you seen the movie Wrabbit ?

The only people who survive are all the rich elitist scum-bags.

Think I'd rather die in a blaze of fury then spend the rest of my life pandering to fervered ego's.

*Ned

PS - I think AJ would end up on one of those arks - he's a shill for sure. (wow that was hard to type let alone say)

Is there anyone who hasn't seen the movie? lol...... Re-runs on cable here were almost daily it seemed and for weeks there at one point. I do recall that anyone who made it to the right dock, including the workers, got in at the last minute. See? Always hope...right to the end. Never give up.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

Absolutely correct about the neighbor and community aspect. I suppose I've lucked out there, too. My life long neighbor happens to be about the most thrifty man I've ever come across... Between him & I, there hasn't been any obstacle we haven't been able to tackle. Thanks for pointing that out, accident as it was
Made me a bit less leary about end times.

new topics

top topics

join