It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, No One Can Accuse The French of Not Being Sexist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by benrl

I guess it is. Now I'm going to get slammed but was she even really that hot? Pretty yes, but it seems to me these dudes need to get out more.

CJ

That's an understatement mate, I've seen hotter chicks at internet cafe's.

These guy's definitely need to get out more lol.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Think I know what this thread is really about.

I'll wolf-whistle and cat call for you, OP. I'll get some construction workers to go along too. It'll be a classic.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
First of all, I would like to say that these deputies' behaviour has shocked France.
Indeed, these guys are our elected representatives, the ought to have a decent behaviour!

On the other hand, France has not been as shocked as US (for ex.). France is still a very sexist macho country.
I have to admit that I used to like this very much, because in the past, French guys were very macho, but at the same they loved women, they were very respectful of women.
That's what made us somehow "unique", not mainstream - I absolutely hate the way everything is getting streamlined, that all behaviours have to be the same across the globe, I love local "specialities", except when they harm people of course.
From my youngest age I had been taught to respect women, to love them, to treat them as godesses. This is what made us loved by the feminine side of humanity. The counterpart is that we are also big machos.

Then, now, this behaviour has completely drifted away. Because our reputation gave us a headstart in the "get a woman" competition, many French guys have completely given up on being nice to women. And now our reputation is going completely opposite direction.
There is a big trend, mostly from our big suburbs, that women are there just to please men, and I see more and more guys in France having an obnoxious behaviour with girl, to have quick & cheap sex, and of course to show off the woman as a hunting trophy.
That I totally loathe.

To women (French or not) who visit Paris, I recommend to wear jeans, nothing too sexy, especially not short dresses/skirts!
In the past these ladies would get some whistles as they would walk along, which was not so proper, but not dirty, it was a way to say "hey, nice legs", "pretty woman", etc.
Now, these girls will just hear "woah you're good, come on give me your phone number, come with me, etc.".

Coming back to the main subject, I think these deputies behaviour was quite shocking, they were in the Parliament!!!

Now, on the look of the woman deputy, her name is Cecile Duflot. Is she hot? Not very. Is she pretty? Well, she has something, and anyway this is a subjective question.
Now, please have a look at the women that these deputies used to work with: Roselyne Bachelot, Christine Boutin...
so yes, compared to them, Cecile Duflot is very hot!
But that does not excuse the unacceptable behaviour of the male deputies.
In the street, such behaviour would have probably been accepted, but not in the Parliament.

Hope this helps shedding some lights on this subject from a French point of view.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
There is no reason to paint all French men with such a broad brush because of the actions of a few politicians. To accuse "The French" of being sexist due to this incident is illogical and silly.

You could have put a bit more effort into a thread attempting to incite a gender war.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

No thanks. I'm a dude.

CJ

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

So because some French guys wolf whistle and one French guy makes an inappropriate message, all "The French" are sexist?

Good lord... ignoramus.

Your level of stupidity is only on par with that of Patrick Balkany.

*sigh*

T

edit on 23-7-2012 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I didn't hear a wolf whistle at all. i heard boo and other normal thing you can expect at most European parliaments.

I think you guys are just falling for sensationlism

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I watched the video... you people think that is "wolf whistling" ... it sounds like booing. maybe what she was saying was unpopular.. ever give that a thought?? Or do women have men so trained in other parts of the world that any word directed to a woman is considered a sexual advance or sexism.

edit on 23-7-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Doesn't bother me if it doesn't bother you.

PS I have to agree with the 2 users above me. I watched the vid and didn't hear any whistling.... The sounds they were making sounded like "boo" or just noises of disapproval. I can't verify if it was some French word or not. I'll ask my French friend what he thinks.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
1/ Duflot is a part of Europe-Ecologie-Les-Verts, a group that while representing about 0.5 percent of the population's national vote (as for the last presidential election), managed to obtain MINISTERS in Hollande Governement, just with the help of some obscure, non-voted deal between the two formations.

2/ Duflot in many other circumstances has proved she likes being provocating, especially duds-wise : the first time she went to L'Élysée, she was wearing jeans, something that the press widely reported as unusual.

3/ L'Assemblée Nationale has a very strict dress-code (suit tie et al), which by the way is so ancient that it was, and still is, just ruling men's clothes ! The fact is, nobody really cares about this very written law (even the numerous women who have been elected as députées for decades) as it is mainly understood as a tradition. The fact is that most women just wear some sober trousers suit or skirt suit. Then add point 1+2 to this very last fact and you guess what the boo's were for (not any "wolfs cries" there).

TL;DR : When you feel like breaking all rules, expect and accept to be bashed by those who follow them.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by randomname

Yeah, I can see that. Can you imagine Pelosi getting any catcalls? Hmmm.

CJ

Hahaha i'd have to see a video to believe that and then i'd be suspicious of editing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join