It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Curse of Batman....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that there is tragedy associated with both dark knight movies? Remember the dark knights thread from 2006? Weird...

How about Heath Ledger? He died after one of the most amazing performances i have ever seen. Then he dies.

Now there is a Colorado massacre on the release of the next one?

What is going on?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Has anyone else noticed that there is tragedy associated with both dark knight movies? Remember the dark knights thread from 2006? Weird...

How about Heath Ledger? He died after one of the most amazing performances i have ever seen. Then he dies.

Now there is a Colorado massacre on the release of the next one?

What is going on?

Think about the concepts within the movies themselves...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Nothing is going on.

Heath Ledger's death was not in relation to his role as the Joker, or at all connected to the Batman trilogy-franchise.

What happened in Colorado was a tragedy enacted by a psychotic individual.

Was he influenced by The Joker? Maybe. But that does not mean anything deeper is going on, or that the Batman franchise is spawning murderers and psychopaths.

Everybody needs to quit exploiting tragedy.

The killers won't go away until we stop treating them as cultural and media phenomenons.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I went and saw 'Dark Knight' last night, what an epic story tale!
Loved it!

And yes, absolutely thought it was more than coincidence that the franchise that Cristopher Nolan created has been surrounded by tragedy.
He must be wondering what the heck has he started...

Perhaps it's not so much the voodoo that he do-do, hehe, as it is the scale of events these movies depict, are tapping into a mass subconcious effect, a 'butterfly effect' if you will that has generated some darker events.
Stories like Avatar, 2012, etc have all used archetypes and symbols -some we are familiar with- some not so much, and every action has a reaction.
I hate to sound like a kook but some of these Hollywood blockbusters really do in my personal opinion have matrix's or an almost subliminal Black magik purpose which press buttons in our collective subconcious...

Some proponents of the Mk Ultra or Manchurian candidate school will be all over this concept, it isn't new by any stretch of the imagination.
Ritual sacrifice has been touted left, right and centre in regards to Heath Ledger and so on, who knows what is happening...

Culturally, storytelling is a powerful tool used by both advanced and crude civilisations and societies for many thousands of years.
Words have power and our ability to internalise and process these stories are almost written into our DNA, who can tell what is locked inside some of these epic adventures brought to us on the silver screen.
Surely not mere entertainment.

Wag.

edit on 22-7-2012 by wagtail because: word chaaaaaange =)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
The killers won't go away until we stop treating them as cultural and media phenomenons.

~ Wandering Scribe

Unfortunately that won't happen, unless the news media is willing to completely ignore these incidents. The mass murderers get the attention they crave when they are all over the news. But the news isn't going to ignore these incidents. They love the ratings.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wagtail

It's all programming. Think of ourselves as living bio computers. Eyes and ears are our main input in regard to movies. We are all connected or at least we all emit an invisible field of energy and connect via those. Think about how many women you see trying to look like or act like an actress. Think about how many wanna-be Eminems or just wannabes in general. These are people who have been programmed to act this way through TV and other forms of sensory input. I think there is definitely a trend of programming people about aliens lately. I know I'm not the only one who has noticed this on this forum too. TV is essentially a strobe light with a slightly changed image every flash. Every screen is. Staring into a strobe light makes you kinda zone out, right? It puts you into an open mental state where you pick up a lot more than you think, especially in the subconscious. Also if there's a TV on in a room don't you notice people will tend to end up looking at it no matter what? TV's have more impact than we're led to believe. Ever notice how a television schedule is called programming? The paid programming at night? Same with movies in theaters. They're flashing light off of reflective screens into your senses. I haven't seen batman but I'm curious to see what kind of message it portrays. Glad to see somebody else thinking along the same lines as myself.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Of course the news media won't ever stop covering an event like this. However, we as a people, can stop putting these events in the limelight.

Consider a city like Chicago, where numerous shootings tend to occur every single day. If a news agency even covers this, it only get's a passing blurb of 30 seconds to say something like "12 people shot and killed in Chicago today," and nothing more.

An event like Colorado, should have the same type of news blurb. "Several dozen people shot at a movie theater in Colorado today, updates at 11" or something along those lines.

The reason being, that idiots and emotional vacuums like to take these tragedies, and turn them into conspiracies. Consider this thread, and numerous other ones, attempting to link Batman to the summoning and rise of Lucifer, sacrifices for the New World Order, and connections to the Denver Airport mural.

Do you think the mother of the three-month old baby who was shot wants the world thinking her and her infant were part of some secret cabal of evil Illuminati?

Or do you think she wants the sanity of her fellow citizens to come through, and show support for the victims, instead of obsession over the killer?

The moral compass of all the people making these threads is broken.

~ Scribe

edit on 22/7/12 by Wandering Scribe because: spelling errors

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Does anyone know where I can see a scan of the 1986 comic that is being referred to: The Riddler goes into a theatre and shoots the place up.

I've heard people mention this but have yet to find an image of it.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Maybe Heath Ledger stumbled across something he wasn't supposed to know.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I really don't see anything weird about it.....

Brandon/Bruce Lee curse I can buy. Too many coincidences to ignore.

Here not so much.

If you have your heart set on killing as many people as this man did.... You'd probably latch on to whatever film best suited your twisted mind. IMO it could have just as easily been Spider-Man or the like if Batman wasn't coming out.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hottoboggan
reply to post by wagtail

It's all programming. Think of ourselves as living bio computers. Eyes and ears are our main input in regard to movies. We are all connected or at least we all emit an invisible field of energy and connect via those. Think about how many women you see trying to look like or act like an actress. Think about how many wanna-be Eminems or just wannabes in general. These are people who have been programmed to act this way through TV and other forms of sensory input. I think there is definitely a trend of programming people about aliens lately. I know I'm not the only one who has noticed this on this forum too. TV is essentially a strobe light with a slightly changed image every flash. Every screen is. Staring into a strobe light makes you kinda zone out, right? It puts you into an open mental state where you pick up a lot more than you think, especially in the subconscious. Also if there's a TV on in a room don't you notice people will tend to end up looking at it no matter what? TV's have more impact than we're led to believe. Ever notice how a television schedule is called programming? The paid programming at night? Same with movies in theaters. They're flashing light off of reflective screens into your senses. I haven't seen batman but I'm curious to see what kind of message it portrays. Glad to see somebody else thinking along the same lines as myself.

Yeh, I agree in most part.
I definitely think it's more complex than people like to admit...
and as you say, 'programming' or as I see it- Mass Hypnosis.

It's not just about what we see on TV or the fact that television is an 'evil' tool, it's about the foods we are eating and the general dumbing down of society permitting certain things to be shown to us and our children that can influence the way we think. These things can be- and I'm not saying that they definitely are- but they can be used in combination's that are detrimental to society.

The adventure portrayed in this film was amazing, epic, fun and everything a fan of the franchise wants to see.
I personally loved it.
I'm going to have to watch it again to pinpoint any hidden symbology but overall there was the usual elitist reference to mob rule equals anarchy and the 'totalitarian - martial law' is good, means justifying ends, we need protecting from ourselves kind of stuff.
I will shut up until I know what I'm talking about lol...

Thanks for the discussion too.
Wag.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Do people just pull conspiracies out of their butts or what?

Seems to me that anything and everything is a freaking conspiracy...

If there was a curse...explain the Batmans before these ones...Micheal Keaton, George Clooney..etc...they appear to be alive and well...so yeah nothing here.

join