It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rupert Murdoch steps down from NI boards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Rupert Murdoch steps down from NI boards

He has apparently "had it" !! and quits several key positions !!

from The Telegraph - UK -- 7:00PM BST 21 Jul 2012

Rupert Murdoch's grip on UK newspapers is loosening "finger by finger", as he resigns string of directorships.

Rupert Murdoch has resigned as a director of a string of companies behind The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times, fuelling expectations that he is preparing to sell the newspaper group.

Companies House filings show that Mr Murdoch stepped down from the boards of the NI Group, Times Newspaper Holdings and News Corp Investments in the UK last week. He also quit a number of News Corp’s US boards, the details of which have yet to be disclosed by the US Securities and Exchange Commission.

News Corporation played down the significance of the resignations as “nothing more than a corporate housecleaning exercise prior to the company split”. ....[story continues]

source article

top Stock Holders for News Corp

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hopefully the entirety of News Corp goes under with him. Knowing this game, another dictator will take his place.

Too bad we can't have the same happen to all cable news companies.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If he didn't step down he would have been forced out anyway.
No government will want this Son of a B controlling any of its media ever again.
He is a manipulative SOB and he was and has just been caught trying to manipulate the UK government ( and others) with his Jew controlled media network.

I think that Rupert is bailing out now just so someone else gets blamed for all of his wrong doings.

edit on 21-7-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Actually a good business as well as transparent strategy, he is stepping down from the publishing/newspaper arm.

Newscorp is splitting in 2, he remains in charge of the profitable arm of entertainment media, The splintered publishing business is what he is stepping down from, he will cut away that business soon I suspect as that's a dying industry.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I cant tell you the last time I read a Newspaper, front to back.

He will continue to hold presence over his dynasty though..

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
He might have a plea bargain that if he resigns, he will not be charged. Or at least he is hoping for that outcome. Hopefully (for us), the prosecutors will not see it that way and put him behind bars for the illegal activities that he has done.

new topics

top topics

join