It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TechUnique has seen the light

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by jhill76

I think maybe hes getting a bit tired of the dumbass, self serving, "look at me" posts that have been popping up on a conspiracy forum. Stuff like this belongs on facebook, along with all of the other narcissistic crap.

dumbass, self serving, "look at me" post?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by paradisepurple

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by paradisepurple

So Tech, I'm not sure how your religion works for you but if you are now convinced of God's presence then does that mean that you believe the story of Adam & Eve and so on?

Or is your new-found belief in more of a spiritual sense?

I will never take anything and everything in the bible(s) at face value as I am very skeptical about the origins of all Holy Books.

Saying that I am very interested in reading the bible, just haven't got round to it yet been meaning to for years and especially over the past few months of which my faith has grown exponentially!
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

So what exactly do you believe in? I mean, what's your faith grounded on?
edit on 21-7-2012 by paradisepurple because: Sp.

I believe that Christ died for our sins and that he walks with me through my trials and tribulations giving me strength and faith in god. In a nutshell

WHOOT!!
Welcome to the flip-side brotha'!!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by TechUnique

Just wanted to say that, I think you all deserve to know where I stand as I contribute to ATS fairly regularly.

Nobody cares

so I guess this isn't a dumbass, self-serving "look-at-me" post, worthy of Facebook........

I click the "don't like" button..

edit on 21-7-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Do yourself a favor... If you decide to start reading the bible, skip the useless info and head straight for matthew.

The OT is unnecessary....

Congrats on your new found spiritualism

I respectfully disagree

To the OP:
The OT is foundational to the NT.
Jesus said that the OT scriptures speak of Him.

However, do what you feel led to do, you have free will and can make your own choices as to how to work out your salvation.

I would say that it would be wise to ask for guidance and discernment before considering your choice, however.

That is all I will say on the matter, as that is not the topic of this thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

My mistake.... I should have suggested he stop at the end of john as well...

My bad!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

My mistake.... I should have suggested he stop at the end of john as well...

My bad!

LOLOLOL......

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

So...

which God did you decide to embrace?

Nature based Gods/goddesses are probably best for your new quest..

since you are a member of planet earth..

maybe check into earth based Gods before you jump in..

I'd stay away from the bible though..

that God is creepy..

use your best judgement on your new path..

no such thing as space based gods just yet ..

as we are a newer species in this galaxy..

good luck my friend!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You said "the magic words". Get ready for an attack from Satan, but do not fear for greater is he who is in you than he who is in the world.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

which God did you decide to embrace?

He said the word "Christ" which means Messiah in hebrew. He has confirmed his faith in Yahweh.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

edit on 21-7-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa

Get ready for an attack from Satan,

do you mean people with brains asking questions?

No, i mean people with your master.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

What a great musical choice.
I had never seen that video but it fits.
edit on 21-7-2012 by deadeyedick because: sp

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Akragon i love you and i pray that you come to realeyes that their is a hell and was a history before the new testament.
It's one continuous story but i believe that starting in the new testament helps one grasp the love.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

You said "the magic words". Get ready for an attack from Satan, but do not fear for greater is he who is in you than he who is in the world.

That imo is the greatest post here besides the op.
I have gained the most faith from turning to GOD and seeing how i am tested in return.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by Akragon

Akragon i love you and i pray that you come to realeyes that their is a hell and was a history before the new testament.
It's one continuous story but i believe that starting in the new testament helps one grasp the love.

Much appreciated... But do you believe i say these thing from an uninformed position?

I've been through the bible front to back more times then i can count brother... I don't believe "hell" exists... Gehenna is a litteral place... Or was at least... Hell is nothing more then a fear tactic used by so called "christians" for conversion purposes... A loving father would never send his children to such a place... So basically you can take that idea and stack it on top of the rest of the contradictions in the bible, i'll have none of it.

Ditch the OT and most of the new if anyone is interested in learning about the son of God... On the other hand IF one wants to learn how to become a "christian"... Theres plenty of people leading by example around the world and on these forums... :shk:

Take the bible as Gods word... No one can stop you... But good luck with that...you'll likely need it...

Or

Find the real words directly from God... And watch your life change...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Although I do not have anything else to add I am very much enjoying the discussion so far! Thanks guys.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Amen glory to God.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

In no way do i think that you are unimformed in your position.
The logic that some use the thought of hell to convert is spot on.
however there are a few verses that point to some form of hot torture and that leads me to believe that there is some form of punishment that awaits us.I am grateful for the time you have spent studying and do not dismiss your conclusions totally.My heart hopes that it is only for 1000yrs and the rest will be with us once they are tempered through the fire.

I believe that our disagreement really doesn't matter if we simply love and when we are confronted with a choice between right and wrong we choose to do right and if we don't then we learn from our mistakes and seek forgiveness.All this imo is possible is possible if we have a solid foundation of the sacrifice of flesh that was made by jesus.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I have always wondered if hell is possibly just you missing out on the afterlife and ceasing to exist as any sort of entity. I really don't know, the subject really fascinates me!

Maybe it means we literally just die as our bodies and our flesh absorbs into the center of the earth. Or our souls go to the center of the earth and are trapped?

I really don't know I am such a noob.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

"Hell" is eternal separation from God, "Heaven" is eternal fellowship with God. That's how I tend to look at the two.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join