It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tripping as a Metaphor for Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
What if the machine that is creating it doesn't exist in the body? Possibly like a radio signal if you take a sledge hammer to your stereo that signal is still the your stereo is just the receiver on this end but the music is not being broadcast from the stereo. The physical body is just receiver picking and playing a signal from elsewhere. Just a thought.

Yes, yes! And that 'elsewhere' is a machine with neurons and pathways or wires and transmitters. This is much more believable than thought occurring without a physical point of origin.

Jigger, what will happen to your mind when your brain dies ?

This is probably a more pertinent question than dancing around the 'what is consciousnes' maypole.

* Ned

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
What if the machine that is creating it doesn't exist in the body? Possibly like a radio signal if you take a sledge hammer to your stereo that signal is still the your stereo is just the receiver on this end but the music is not being broadcast from the stereo. The physical body is just receiver picking and playing a signal from elsewhere. Just a thought.

Yes, yes! And that 'elsewhere' is a machine with neurons and pathways or wires and transmitters. This is much more believable than thought occurring without a physical point of origin.

Jigger, what will happen to your mind when your brain dies ?

* Ned

I will no longer be able to formulate thought because my pathways will cease collecting information from my memory. It's the same as asking if I can run my computer when it no longer has a power source. And of course, the answer is no.

edit on 7/21/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Jigger .....When we look up at the stars, what we are seeing is light from gigantic fiery suns.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join