It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, can you really call yourselves, a Christian?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

You have no idea what I have said to you, nor are you trying to understand.

The story you posted is about a sinner coming back to the father in repentance. The son comes back not to be who he was, a man against his father. But instead he has come back a servant, eager only to do his father's will. We are called to come back to the father and do his will.

And yes by your own words you have defended sin. You have stated that it is impossible for you to ever stop sinning. You have justified your sin by saying that Christ will forgive you again, and again, and again. I have provided enough biblical evidence to disprove your claim but you still defend your future sin.

You know you will sin again. I know I have been set free from sin.

If you believe I sinned against you I apologize. You say that you are Christian and I have been instructed to rebuke Christians who say one cannot become free from sin. You refuse to listen to the sound doctrine that leads to righteousness. Anyone who continues to sin has not found the path that leads to righteousness. God judges all sin and does not show favoritism, as you suggest.

You know the law of love but you don't believe that you can follow it. How can you possibly be his disciple if you know you will never be like him?

The intent of this conversation with this you was to get you to believe in something bigger and better, the real power of the cross. I am defending truth and righteousness you are defending sin because you refuse to believe in anything better. There is no truth in sin as long as you defend sin you cannot see the truth.

All sin is against love, and with the help of the Holy Spirit I have the ability to choose love every time. Thanks be to Jesus Christ my lord and savior. I am grateful that I have died and been raised to life in him.

edit on 14-1-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I just realized something about our different views.

You live your life longing for heaven.
I live my life longing for you.

If you could believe, this would become obvious to you.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. - Luke 15:7

This line, right here, implies that it is not a crime to be imperfect. In fact, it is encouraged to recognize your imperfection and utilize it, rather than struggle to ignore your imperfections.

Exactly, because we cannot ask for forgiveness for a sin if we refuse to admit that we commit any, and walk around all "holier than thou", like some do. The Savior is perfect, and He knows we are not. Great verse.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

The story you posted is about a sinner coming back to the father in repentance. The son comes back not to be who he was, a man against his father. But instead he has come back a servant, eager only to do his father's will. We are called to come back to the father and do his will.

And yes by your own words you have defended sin. You have stated that it is impossible for you to ever stop sinning. You have justified your sin by saying that Christ will forgive you again, and again, and again. I have provided enough biblical evidence to disprove your claim but you still defend your future sin.

No, I do not "defend" sin; I simply acknowledge that we will, from time to time, fail, and commit a sin. Doesn't make it right, and doesn't mean we should not try not to. it's simply an admission that we are not yet just like Christ. A person that is saved should live a better life, and in most case, they do. That doesn't mean a perfect life, though. Even the best of us will slip a little now and then. The key is to recognize those small sins, repent of them, and not live our whole lives in sin.

If you believe I sinned against you I apologize. You say that you are Christian and I have been instructed to rebuke Christians who say one cannot become free from sin. You refuse to listen to the sound doctrine that leads to righteousness. Anyone who continues to sin has not found the path that leads to righteousness. God judges all sin and does not show favoritism, as you suggest.

What you say sounds like the words of someone that believes salvation can be lost, that believes we are only His through our actions. That simply isn't how it works.

Romans 4:1-8 - "What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found? For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin."

Works = good actions, and sin = bad ones. We are not saved by our actions,good or bad, but by His blood. This is not an excuse to sin, and we should strive daily not to. Yes, we can overcome sin, and yes, we can avoid temptation, but we cannot always do so perfectly, because we still live in sinful bodies. This isn't the same as saying that we can do whatever we want to do, because that would be wrong. This is saying that we should do the very best we can, and repent when we stumble.

*snip...I am defending truth and righteousness you are defending sin because you refuse to believe in anything better....*snip*

No, I am not defending sin. I am stating that my salvation isn't based on my actions, and it doesn't vanish like the wind if I make a mistake. I am WELL aware of what God can do in our lives, and how he can help us overcome a big issue. I am stating that the Savior I know loves me as I am, even if I occasionally mess up. That doesn't excuse the mistakes; it simply states that I know His love is stronger than I am. That doesn't mean willfully live in sin; it means do the best you can do, and know He's still there if you don't get it perfect.

All sin is against love, and with the help of the Holy Spirit I have the ability to choose love every time. Thanks be to Jesus Christ my lord and savior. I am grateful that I have died and been raised to life in him.

edit on 14-1-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

Yes, very true, but we won't always make the right choice. A moment of anger, even if not acted upon, even if immediately overcome, is still a sin. There are so many ways that even the most careful person can stumble. Yet He waits with open arms, for us to return, willing and faithful servants, just like that returning son. Stating that we occasionally stumble isn't the same thing as stating that we cannot ever stop sinning.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

I just realized something about our different views.

You live your life longing for heaven.
I live my life longing for you.

If you could believe, this would become obvious to you.

No, I live my life appreciating all He's done for me, and looking for ways to share that with other people. Caring for family and friends, and doing the best I can do to shine His light.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join