It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delusional thinking about the Colorado theater shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Although ATS is generally considered a conspiracy website, I was always under the impression that it was an intellectual forum for those who ask insightful and probing questions. Deny Ignorance being the motto.

I am truly astonished by the extreme reactions and conjecture to the shooting.

When I was in college I attended courses in Sociology. One of our assignments was, for me, very shocking. We were broken into groups and each group was given a particular topic in which our particular groups mission was to create a terrorist faction, create a cause, and carry out an attack. Explain the consequences and the goals of our attack, and to establish what impact on society our actions would have. It just so happened I was chosen leader of the group. I am an American with no desire to harm other people but from an intellectual standpoint we completed our assignment, on paper, not in real life. That is all I will say about it.

It amazes me that so many would underestimate our educational system and that the very brightest intellectual minds emerge from this system. The shooter and his elaborate plans were constructed by himself and carried out with exact intention. Normally, this type of individual would have been recruited into the government sector to contribute to fight the very type of threat he imposed. Was he a shill or patsy? Highly unlikely.

He was/is highly intelligent and with the wealth of knowledge on the internet, in print, and the influence of the popular media, he was able to carry out a crime that was not as elaborate as many want to believe. He was a college student who snapped, we've seen it before. He wanted to go out in a blaze of glory. He became intrigued by a thought that led to an obsession, which led to experimentation and finally taking the step over the edge.

People underestimate the so called "normal" guy. This website is filled with individuals who seem somewhat experienced and knowledgable, or believe they are, due to their own imaginings, in these such matters. Should we fear them?

There is no conspiracy here. This is simply a guy who lost it. Couldn't hack grad school, couldn't get a job, was socially inept, a loner, and probably spent most of his time on the internet. Sound familiar?

The problem we face here, and this is a clear example for this post, is that we continue down a road to madness. Extreme theories on why some guy walks into a movie theater and starts shooting people. It is the madness that you read in the feverish posting of exotic theories that show just how much as a society that many are psychologically out of control. If you want to see insanity, continue to peruse these threads and topics filled with conjecture and paranoia.

The problem is not out there, the problem is right in front of you.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by klhix

now i have had this discussion before and i want to clarify that im not accusing u of being a dis info agent personally, i am just pointing out if this recent event was a conspiracy, that indicates that this thread is spreading dis info intentionally or unintentionally, since this is a site for conspiracy theorists i wonder what your motivation is for this thread.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by klhix

It's your opinion that people (who think outside of the box) and are exploring the possibilities....are delusional; and on their way to madness and insanity.

I think you are wrong. The massacre that happened is very, very upsetting. People are going to discuss it and explore all the theories they can...to try and understand why it happened.

Just because people don't think the way you do; nor are not educated the way you are; does not mean that they are on their way to insanity.

Everyone has a theory and an opinion...and it is everyone's right to think about this situation as they see fit.

It does not mean they are nuts!

I find your rant very narrowed minded.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
here is no conspiracy here. This is simply a guy who lost it. Couldn't hack grad school, couldn't get a job, was socially inept, a loner, and probably spent most of his time on the internet. Sound familiar?

I agree with you 100%! Why is it on here every time there is some sort mass killing,,,,ooooh it was foretold! The aliens told me this would happen! Better yet Nostradamus predicted it! Geeeez!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by klhix

It's your opinion that people (who think outside of the box) and are exploring the possibilities....are delusional; and on their way to madness and insanity.

I think you are wrong. The massacre that happened is very, very upsetting. People are going to discuss it and explore all the theories they can...to try and understand why it happened.

Just because people don't think the way you do; nor are not educated the way you are; does not mean that they are on their way to insanity.

Everyone has a theory and an opinion...and it is everyone's right to think about this situation as they see fit.

It does not mean they are nuts!

I find your rant very narrowed minded.

Exploring theories without evidence to lead the exploration is not healthy, and not needed.

-

If facts and information arises for people to probe than so be it...

Simply crying "NWO Illuminati False Flag Attack" because something made headline news is immature, and thoughtless for the people who were actually involved in this tragedy. And the people who wish to make something out of this simply because they have an interest in absurd topics should be ashamed of themselves.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Whether this was or was not a "false flag" operation, for you to deny that the possibility exists, is just as "delusional" as those you are accusing of such.

By making such a claim, you have set yourself up as an authority on this particular case. Meaning you know all there is to know to make that determination. You could be absolutely right. But if you are, it won't be because of your inside knowledge, or your genius. It will be because you played the odds and won.

Your opinion is as welcome here as the next member. But I think you are trying to pass off "pseudo-psychology" as objective analysis.
edit on 7/21/2012 by Klassified because: wrong word

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
There is absolutely no evidence that this is any sort of inside job. The shooters mother thought her son would do it, he was in no way normal. Not going to college doesn't show someones psychopathy...that takes a brain scan.

edit on 21-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

You do realize that most people in America don't think like CTers, don't you?

It may seem that way on a forum like this one when most like minded people come to discuss things, but really, in mainstream American society people just aren't allowed to discuss these kind of things without being ridiculed and called a nut of some sort.

And right now you're doing what mainstream American society is doing, ridiculing people who jsut don't think like you.

So why do we all have to believe and think the same way? I thought America was always about individuality and diversity, and not conformity.

And calling people delusional because they don't think like you, well, that's just another demand for conformity.

And I will not conform. Conformity is just another way of turning people into unthinking unfeeling robots.

That's what causes people to lose it. They scream in their heads "WHAT ABOUT ME".

Well, conformists just don't give a flying frak about you as an individual. They only care about forcing you to be the same as them.

And they call anybody who doesn't conform delusional.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
There is absolutely no evidence that this is any sort of inside job. The shooters mother thought her son would do it, he was in no way normal. Not going to college doesn't show someones psychopathy...that takes a brain scan.

mothers don't always love and\or like there sons, and some mothers go to the extent of hating there own children, i don't think we can take the testimony of the mother until her character, and there relationship, are reveled. The whole point of inside jobs is to hide the truth and have a patsy, its been done over and over. the CIA have done mind control tests on human subjects so this proves they have been at least trying to control minds, technology and medicine is always advancing and that is just what they show us, its not far fetched to believe its an inside job. but as the msm would want it, everyone thinks he is just another phyco. No evidence, because it was a executed by the kind of people that don't leave evidence that will trace back to themselves.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

It has nothing to do if she hated him. If you hate your kid it doesn't mean that you think they would be the one to massacre a bunch of people. That alone shows that she thought he was nuts and potentially violent.

the CIA have done mind control tests on human subjects so this proves they have been at least trying to control minds

And? What does that have to do with that a percent of the population are psychopaths? They are born that way with or without the help of the CIA. Psychopathic brains do not process emotions like normal humans...They are much more likely to commit violent acts and extreme behavior. Not everything evil comes from the government.

You have absolutely no evidence that is was an inside job. ZERO. Blind faith is another word for delusional.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

i was trying to point out till we know more about the mom and there relationship we cant take her opinion as truth,

and like i said before there is such a thing as hiding evidence and the ptb will use the emotional charge from this event to detour the public from the truth, it is a classic tactic that has been used over and over,

i agree there are psychopaths in this world, but i also know that this government has killed civilians all around the world to further there agenda, and has since the Boston massacre, the tactic has worked well to fulfill an agenda, your right no evidence, that means who ever has been doing this, has done it more than once and is good at it.

the quick easy phyco answer cant be discounted, truth is,only dude that pulled the trigger and who he may or may not have conspired with will be the only ones to know what really happened.

new topics

top topics

join