It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's coming. Do you feel it?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattdel

Originally posted by JimTSpock
2012 it's the end of the world man! Throughout history men have thought they were living in the end times. This year does feel weird though. 21/12/2012 Asteroid? Zombie apocalypse? I bet nothing will happen, why would it?
A giant asteroid strike or a full scale nuclear exchange between the US and Russia are the only scenarios which could realistically end the world as we know it. Both are highly improbable but you never know!

Without derailing this thread and forcing me to dig up countless links and sources, your estimate of a couple things being "the only scenarios which could end the world as we know it" is quite far from the truth. For instance, solar wind created by an X-class flare, if directed right at us, could blow our atmosphere clear off the planet. Every living thing would be dead inside of 2 minutes. Not every threat to this planet is man made, and not every one of them is "targetable", eitehr.
edit on 22-7-2012 by mattdel because: (no reason given)

There was an X15 solar flare that hit Quebec in 1989 and it blew out their power grids. If this happened to us and we were without power for a couple of months (our grids are woefully old) then it would be chaos. No computers, no ATMs to use to access money, no power to the gas pumps, etc... The world won't end but the world, as we know it, will.
edit on 22-7-2012 by texasgirl because: Phrased wrong in sentence and made present tense

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wow, so many pregocs in here! Don't you guys think that you are taking yourself and your feelings too seriously when it all could just be anxiety? The feeling of impending doom is quite a common symptom. I'm an anxiety sufferer myself, so I can totally relate to this.

Anxiety symptoms - Fear of impending doom

Fear of impending doom: You feel as though something extremely bad is going to happen but you are not sure what. You may also feel as though your world is coming to an end.

This fear of "what if" may be intermittent, frequent, or on-going. These fears can cause you fear episodes and even panic. Often, these type of fears are hard to break free of.

NOTE: There are direct physiological and psychological reasons why anxiety symptoms occur. The members area contains detailed information about common anxiety symptoms including what they are, why they occur, and what you can do to eliminate them. It includes the anxiety symptom fear of impending doom.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WereWolfWoody
I love a thread about someone warning everyone about a feeling they get.

I guess i should warn everyone everytime i get a boner, eh?

Legally, you're probably not to be that close to the kiddies pool anyway.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WideOpenSpace
Wow, so many pregocs in here! Don't you guys think that you are taking yourself and your feelings too seriously when it all could just be anxiety? The feeling of impending doom is quite a common symptom. I'm an anxiety sufferer myself, so I can totally relate to this.

Fear of impending doom: You feel as though something extremely bad is going to happen but you are not sure what. You may also feel as though your world is coming to an end.

This fear of "what if" may be intermittent, frequent, or on-going. These fears can cause you fear episodes and even panic. Often, these type of fears are hard to break free of.

NOTE: There are direct physiological and psychological reasons why anxiety symptoms occur. The members area contains detailed information about common anxiety symptoms including what they are, why they occur, and what you can do to eliminate them. It includes the anxiety symptom fear of impending doom.

But do You see that for many of us it's not GLOOM, but what is to come, HEAVEN we are ultimately focused on? It's to me a reality (there IS a lot of distress in the world, to me not realizing or acknowledging this doesn't make any sense at all. My Focus is on HIs Return, HEAVEN, the big picture, is thus in total, the pain of what is occuring & about to occur with a positive outcome.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
You're going to die. All of you!!! Yes, it's true. And no one can save you.

And it's going to happen to your children and their children too. Everyone. There's no chance for anyone to escape it. We're all doomed, and no matter what we do, it'll end the same - with each of us dead.

I don't know how anyone keeps from screaming until their lungs explode.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I am not exactly sure the context or direction of your post but it made me smile. thanks!
Not making light of what you write but that I think it is your point. Some things just Are.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WideOpenSpace

I've been writing it off as no sleep. Could it be anxiety? I go with yes. I have two small kids.. Anxiety comes with the territory
I Just think its odd that other people are feeling this same thing. Personally, I think there is more to this than anxiety though. It's a different kind of feeling. It's in the gut.

Also, to the person that asked if this was going on for a long time, no it hasn't. It's only been the past three days or so.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm coming, do you fell it?

Gross! That is just plain vulger.

STFU

Uh what? oh I see now, NEVERMIND!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Sure is a lot of anxiety on ATS then huh?

I've been feeling it too for quite some time, it's in the air, there is no doubt about it.

I don't know what, I'm not claiming to know more than anyone else either, however, every person with at least half a brain who does some reading can see that changes are going to come, and they are already happening. This is no conspiracy stuff, or not necessarily, as the global economy etc are already showing enough signs of impending events.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
First I want to say that this vision came to me of 2012. It was just an idea, not so much a vision but a prediction of the reality to come:

This is the link of the dow rising above 20,000 "very soon"
articles.marketwatch.com...

CBC Talks about family's use to get living in "smaller spaces"
www.cbc.ca...

What if everyone who doesn't ascend wakes up and goes "Ah! See?! 2012 isn't real!" and walks into their mothers bedroom "Hey mom! Mom? Mom... Mom!!" and they turn on the TV and they see the the headline on CNN "500,000,000BN people die on a single day. Greatest death in human history. Was 2012 real?" People freak out across north america - whoever is still living. Obama is still alive. Turns out so was Osama Bin Laden, Gadaffi and other world leaders. The world is told that all of the resources will now be controlled by the government. Everyone will have more money because of all the dead people - but inflation will spike because of all of the free currency in abundance and all of it will of course be going to the banks and interest rates will soar across the board. Housing prices will fall like rocks, Markets will soar - the Dow Jones will rise above 17,000, and rising and rising. Drug stocks will soar. Big Brother will finally be in control - this is what they were talking about, the dark knight rising. What happened to civilization? The Miltiary is now called in to take complete control of people frantically scrambling in the streets for food and what is left for vehicles and weapons - if guns haven't been taken away completely by then. People will be fighting eachother. Everyone will be downgraded into "smaller spaces" (as reported on CBC). Precious metals will soar, All food futures will soar, Futures are soaring across the board. Property and land is being snatched up by government and sold to anyone who has the money now that everyone has money - apparently.

Now picture this:
Obama is standing in front of congress, making his address to the nation. Behind him are the CEO's of JP Morgan, Citi, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America, Chase Manhattan. Federal Reserve, And in Canada: Stephen Harper with Royal Bank, Central Bank, Toronto Dominion, Canadian Imperial Bank of Canada.

And their message is now: We have to stand together as a globalized society, unmoved, and free. This will be a new world order. We have to watch out for each other, and make sure we're all safe from any Terrorism or any acts thereof.

They will not tell you who these men behind them are, but in every country the banks will be taking full control of the country's finances, in state to state, province to province etc.

- Message continued
We have accumulated a gigantic debt. We have to pay it off, and unfortunately we will all have to work a little harder than before.

North America will become a slave nation, along with europe to Korea, and China, and Japan. They're going to take center stage and they're going to be the new technological leader in the world. That's why they have their assembly over there right now, because they're all going to get huge pay raises for domestic production and they're going to export that crap and make it and push the cost over to us because we're going to be trading freely with each other so there won't be any tariffs.

edit on 22-7-2012 by Triesta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yes, i have felt it too. I feel over whelmed, sad, anxiety, i feel like i cant do anything. I dont know what it is but i feel like something bad is going to happen. I dont know if its something going to happen at the Olympics or a day nobody expects. Or even a Natural disaster. I just hope its not any of those things. I hope 2013 comes and nothing does happen to me or my kids. And they are able to live a happy normal life.

I was tossing and turning the night that the shooting was happening. My husband woke me up in the AM and said there was a shooting in colorado.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have a feeling that everything will continue as usual. Its the pessimist in me. Nothing ever changes. Or it changes so incredibly slow that we won't notice it in our lifetime. No earth-shattering event will happen anytime soon. No mass awakening nor angels/aliens from the sky coming to save us from ourselves. Most of us here will probably die from natural causes, maybe a car accident or two. 2012 will come and go just like any other year. I can already see myself in 2013, buying groceries....playing video games.....doing laundry. Yep.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
You're going to die. All of you!!! Yes, it's true. And no one can save you.

And it's going to happen to your children and their children too. Everyone. There's no chance for anyone to escape it. We're all doomed, and no matter what we do, it'll end the same - with each of us dead.

I don't know how anyone keeps from screaming until their lungs explode.

There is some Truth! Yep, we all die!

After that...well, no one truly knows.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
I have had major headaches the past couple of days, something I don't normally get. I also have been seeing alot of dead birds in the road and even had to almost stop my car to keep from hitting a bird, as he just stood there! I drive by fields of dead cornstalks every day and the heat just keeps getting hotter. Yeah, I feel like something is coming...I just don't know what and I am not prepared in the least, either.

You all are in a drought because all the normal rain has landed on Florida. This Friday was the first and only day with out rain. Now we are getting very violent storms every evening. Just before the Tropical storm flooded us I noticed very heavy chem trails, I could even smell it. My sense of smell is horrible at that but I smelled it and avoided going out of the house unless I had too. You all should send tanker trucks to my area and play catch the rain.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by J7IST1

Why are you so sure it's a him? Did you read this somewhere, or have you met your Lord personally? I just think this whole male war god thing may be a bit of a red herring.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Strange you mention this... I too have noticed a lack of birds but not just birds.... a total lack of insects too... i know one of the reasons is lack of shrubs, trees.... its all mainly concrete now in any City and these creatures have lost their homes.... its a shame because birds I have a connection with.... but yes i suppose the insects are in decline which in turn means some birds wont be getting fed....

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

As my pa always said. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

exactly what i have been doing
wise words

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Regarding a lot of people's feelings being different from a true feeling of doom, or simply just a sense of waiting (or even anticipation in m case), I wonder: could the hypothetical impending craziness be more due to a big shift in comfort zones rather than true suffering of the starvation and death variety?
My belief is that a big part of what is going to happen is the end of the separatist system of living. A lot of people love this societal structure, and I can see how something that forces us to live contrary to it would be interpreted as painful, even apocalyptic.
Global disasters won't shift our ways of relating to each other. After rebuilding society, our system of relating to each other will shift into its old way eventually because of basic human nature. That's why I think this thing that's going to happen will be spiritual in nature.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Yes but I know my body better than a doctor who wants to prescribe me pills for being sad or goth...
I am perfectly happy, not sad or frightened at all. I don't cut myself, or sleep until 2:00 p.m. waiting for someone to get my clothes. I have a wonderful family and I currently know some very nice people. I own my own business and I am paying my bills. Life is good.

This sense is the one you all forgot about. We all have these senses and it is there, listen you might hear it too.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join