It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military Purchasing Combat Equipment for" Domestic" Contingency .incl mortars and missiles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
wow that is some heavy equipment for Domestic operations

this tells me they know something I don't and they are expecting the worst to happen.
I think this has to be unconstitutional and illegal in some way

here is the link and some more from the article.Public intel

For the last two years, the President’s Budget Submissions for the Department of Defense have included purchases of a significant amount of combat equipment, including armored vehicles, helicopters and even artillery, under an obscure section of the FY2008 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for the purposes of “homeland defense missions, domestic emergency responses, and providing military support to civil authorities.” Items purchased under the section include combat vehicles, tanks, helicopters, artillery, mortar systems, missiles, small arms and communications equipment. Justifications for the budget items indicate that many of the purchases are part of routine resupply and maintenance, yet in each case the procurement is cited as being “necessary for use by the active and reserve components of the Armed Forces for homeland defense missions, domestic emergency responses, and providing military support to civil authorities” under section 1815 of the FY2008 NDAA.
scary times we live in for real

edit on 21-7-2012 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Are we surprised though? This country couldn't stay 'free' as we all want it to.. too many extremists.. too many powerful technological advances in lethal weapons.. too many staged attacks on the sheeple into submission. The ball is rolling.
edit on 21-7-2012 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's for the upcoming civil war. You see, the government is pushing people to the brink so they force a civil war so they can suspend the Constitution for America to become a new Christian tyranny.

Not joking.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have two ideas about this.
1. The Bush admin did nothing to secure the homeland. They just changed laws that limited our rights. Also, after the Katrina blunder this was completely obvious. I still dont think the US is prepared for any large disaster, but maybe these procurements will better prepare the US.

2. This is just government spending that the pres could get done, because the wing nutters would never say no to military spending, to help boost the economy.

Plain and simple, no conspiracy here.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Included were relocation costs for 813 M1 Abrams tanks.
Heavy howitzers, Bradleys, armored assault vehicles, mortars, etc. -
They're gearing up for war right here at home.
Not good.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Yea and the article says they claim it is "routine" resupply

they must think the american public is very gullible....wait I believe 90 percent wouldn't even bat
an eyelash at this news. guess they will see the light when men in full combat gear are kicking in there doors and rounding up there families....I really hope not, but they are expecting something..?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I want to believe that, this is just for protection. The United States, would be totally Fraked, should we actually be attacked by a foreign aggressor. We have nothing, since world war two, the Civilian Defense Crops has pretty much disbanded and disappeared.

Should, we be attacked, they could reach as far as Utah, before they are stopped coming from the west coast. Worse if from the East Coast. Now, I'm not saying that they are not planing for a Civil war, I'm just praying my guts wrong, and this is to bolster our vastly unprotected Civilian populations.

Either way, I find it hard to believe that U.S troops at least the majority of them would turn on the civilians. When I was in the Army we took a oath to support and defend the constitution of the United states, and the office of the President. Key word their being the Office meaning, if the jack ass did, we could waste him.

My 2 cents. hope this helps. With the ever increasing clashing in the Middle east, and the high chance of a NATO/Russian war, I sure to hope to hell, that we have some sort of plan to repeal the invaders. As it stands now, we would be Fracked nine ways from sunday.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Half of those heavy weapons will end up in the hands of civilian defectors so i'm not too worried.
New factions will arise out of new causes and ideas yet to be seen.
Institutions they built up, will fall down. That is the law of the land.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I guess its not a bad theory. I don't buy into the civil war theories that much because we do still hold power we just, unfortunately , have such a dumbed down majority vote that we can't get anything done. I would say that its not impossible that a government could push its people to the brink and then round up everyone that would support an uprising. The thing is, during economical hardships its usually the least expected people that snap, like rich folk, people that are really let down. Poor people and country people are generally pretty used to hard living.

I don't know. I don't think there will be any civil uprisings. I think classes will start trading places as the economy collapses and people start over. Maybe smaller business owners will get another shot at success.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I think we will be fine ,they underestimate the character of the US soldier as an individual.
honestly I believe if they were given orders that involved fighting Americans or killing us they would turn there guns on the no good people that blindly follow and give those orders

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
It's for the upcoming civil war. You see, the government is pushing people to the brink so they force a civil war so they can suspend the Constitution for America to become a new Christian tyranny.

Not joking.

To what end? The masses are working hard to make a few priviledged rich, the us military is defending the interests of those same people, why would the people who have all the power want to change a system, that is benefitting them greatly.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Not joking.

Huh?

There's nothing even remotely "christian" about the political machine in our country. They are murderers, kidnappers, torturers, rapists and thieves. And these monsters are getting ready for wholesale killing here at home.

When they unleash hell here at home, those responsible .......

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
I think we will be fine ,they underestimate the character of the US soldier as an individual.
honestly I believe if they were given orders that involved fighting Americans or killing us they would turn there guns on the no good people that blindly follow and give those orders

I believe you're mistaken.

Look at the way our troops have been totally twisted in the past two decades as evidenced by troop suicides, sanctioned/unsanctioned atrocities and the behavior of these troops turned "policeman".

We are in serious trouble because these fubar troops will take the easy path and just follow orders.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Does seem extremely excessive weaponry for homeland security to need, tanks and mortars for civil defence? Missiles? Just what sort of internal threat do they feel they face? I am ex Artillery and one thing I know for certain is you DON'T use these types of weapons to subdue civilians, this type of weaponry is for total destruction.

Very strange to say the least

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Thank you for your input and the perspective of an ex soldier

yea I totally agree could they be expecting an invasion , China ,Russia,off world entity? that seems unlikely but like I said before maybe they know something we don't . It just boggles my mind unless it is a completely sinister agenda which i have a hard time accepting ..

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Any chance they would use all this tax payer funded firepower to finally secure our southern border from all that drug mess that is causing the deaths of countless Mexicans and threatening our own citizens and immigrants on our own soil? Or is that wishful thinking?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Mexican drug cartels are laundering their money in the HSBC bank, the border wouldn't be a worry for them!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by WormR

I know. Like I said, wishful thinking. I want the violence and crime to end on both sides of the border. And as a citizen of this side of the border, and a taxpayer at that, I'd like the government to stop wasting my money on contracts that don't ever materialize into anything useful (living near DC I know of too many contractors who get paid to produce nada). It would be nice if for once I knew the money was going into things NOT designed to reduce my freedoms or treat ME like a potential criminal or bankrupt me further to bail out the rich scum and cronies of the powerful. Before I start imagining tanks and soldiers being used against me or the Chinese or some other nebuolus threat I want to consider and hope we address what is known. We have a real problem with crime and drug violence and a dangerously porous border where real terror bringers reign terror on our citizens and Mexican citizens alike. Seems now we have some real investment in firepower and manpower to do something about that. I'd like to see it put to use dealing with this real, tangible problem that is known and inadequately addressed. Unfortunately that requires a faith in my government that I don't currently have at the moment.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

def wishful thinking
I don't think they really want it stopped then alot of there agents would be out of a job.too much money is made in the "war on drugs" just like "the war on terror" ...

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
They can purchase what ever they want - I would think, If they are foolish enough to actually start using these weapons on the American People - The American People will adapt and overcome. I think if they want to take on the Americans - they have one major stumbling block - - - the 14 million Deer Rifles with Scopes, after all Americans are Battle Hardend Warriors who are not trigger happy. the elders are still educated. and we are use to the government lying at every opportunity - So, I believe they dont stand a chance at beating us on the field of battle. when laws are meaningless.

new topics

top topics

join