It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora shooting was related to terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The media is portraying this latest tragedy as an mass act of violence or "Aurora shooting". While these labels technically true, what really happened, unfortunately, should be categorized as an act of terrorism.

Our hearts go out to the victims and families who have suffered through this entire ordeal. We will never really know what the families are going through.

The definition of terrorism say:

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror, especially as a means of coercion. In the international community, however, terrorism has no universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition.[1][2] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians).

Since all we know at this moment is the shooter had "ideological"l goals in carrying out the shooting, one can only conclude his act was pure terrorism.

I believe a cross section of us should understand what really took place and realize the dynamics of the situation, as it is currently being portrayed.

Will Homeland Security classify this as “Workplace Violence” as they did when Major Malik Nadal Hasan shot and killed soldiers about to deploy to Afghanistan? Major Hasan’s trial was delayed and is to take place one month from today. Was he a terrorist? Will it even be admitted, … if it was?

Blogger's view on Aurora shooting

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

He surfed a website I frequent. He was just another mindless person with psychopathic tendancies that was tired of being that "loner in the corner." He reached out, in the wrong way. Terrorism for some, just another mass shooting to others.

Remember, just cause it happened in the States, shouldnt make it any more shocking than what it is. People get blown to bits over in the middle east, whole villages gets slaughtered in the Congo/Darfur. It was another shooting spree like all the rest.

Dont throw the terrorist buzz word around because its only going to lead to a further police state. Something I think most of us can agree on as something we dont want.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

What goals did he have?.....unless i missed something he hasn't said much of anything, yet.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

He had no goals. Other than a "high score". He posted on the website I frequent saying he wanted to beat that Island child killer. Thats it.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Then he is nothing more than a killer, not a terrorist......other theories aside about whether he is a patsy or not.....on the face value he did it for no other reason than to kill, and not to change anything.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

I am sure he had a motive.The authorities are refusing to speculate on this now.

He said he was "the Joker' so clearly, he was targeting a specific group of people to carry out this act. He wanted to send a message to the people and he relayed it to the police who he was trying to personify.

More on terrorism.

An abiding characteristic is the indiscriminate use of violence against noncombatants for the purpose of gaining publicity for a group, cause, or individual.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Of course some people are WISHING this incident to be one or the other.
The fact is, the left won't let this go without trying to pin it on white christian conservatives.
It has already been done in the past with similar incidents.
Disgusting people

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Only by personal definition.

True terrorism is done for political goals in order to scare the population into accepting whatever demands are requested by the terrorist group in question.

We are making a mountain out of a mole hill here and that's exactly what the media and your politicians want, so they can fear you into removing more of your rights.

You see if you 'allow' them to maket his into an act of terrorism, they will use it against you friends, they've done it before and they'll gladly do it again.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ask the surviving witnesses and wounded if they felt terrorized. Just because he didn't scream Allah before shooting doesn't mean he's not a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Thank you for pointing this out. Some folks are so caught up in the political ramifications they forget what the victims went/are going through. This is no different than someone going into a packed ballgame and shooting at people indiscriminately or setting off a bomb. Folks are being terrorized, plain and simple, regardless of political motive or not.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma
reply to post by 1MrMarc

Thank you for pointing this out. Some folks are so caught up in the political ramifications they forget what the victims went/are going through. This is no different than someone going into a packed ballgame and shooting at people indiscriminately or setting off a bomb. Folks are being terrorized, plain and simple, regardless of political motive or not.

But that's not the definition of terrorism. I discipline my children cause they are bad, and sometimes they feel "Terrorized".

Am I terrorist? Hardly.

Be careful what you label based on emotional responses. Those labels carry far reaching consequences that go beyond just the victims of this incident.

This man is not a "terrorist" as defined since 911 and the war on 'terror'. He was not part of any group, he did not claim any political or religious motive. (As far as we know anyway)

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
Of course some people are WISHING this incident to be one or the other.
The fact is, the left won't let this go without trying to pin it on white christian conservatives.
It has already been done in the past with similar incidents.
Disgusting people

It was established on here in another thread that he is very involved in OWS. Hardly a conservative.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well then you tell me what the definition of "terrorism" is since 911. I think you need to be careful in how you define terrorism because just like anything it may have far reaching consequences.

We can go on like this for days and days but I don't have time to waste with you on this matter. The bottom line is terrorism means different things to different people so you must be objective, clear minded and responsible when trying to educate those around you on its definition.

IMO, the definition is crystal clear to me. If you care to disagree, then that is your prerogative, my friend. Don't get all worked up about something that has not even been clearly defined by the US Government for various reasons. Got it?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If someone farts in a crowded room, some dummy will call that terrorism.......
Mass murder is not necessarily terrorism......

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

But you are reprimanding your child, which is what every parent should do. And I am sure you are doing it out of love, not to make them fear you. He had a plan of attack and executed it to the best of his abilities. Regardless of the definition, he is a terrorist in my book.

new topics

top topics

join