It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Inhabied by 2023 or soething like that.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
A new private company plans to put a community of 40 people on mars. Typically its called mars-one. They will do it by funding the entire thing through pay per view media and sourcing all the needed parts from aerospace companies around the world based on cost and quality of product that can be purchased today. Best of all anyone can apply to become one of the lucky 40. But dont go barging in and begging to go. applications havent opened yet. I am dead serious head to www.mars-one.com and subcribe so you're the first to know when applications start

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I have just looked at their website, and they seem dead serious about this. They appear to have the plans worked out, the suppliers contacted, and the infrastructure organised, good luck to them!
If they can pull this off, it will be a bloody nose for NASA, perhaps they should have followed this vision years ago, then we wouldn't be talking about 'NASA lack of ambition'.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

All of our astronauts’ activities will be captured by the Living Unit cameras, so that those back on Earth can experience them as well, and are kept up to date with how they are doing.
Big Brother on Mars. Cool.

No new developments – Our entire plan revolves around using existing, validated technology
I wonder how they plan on dealing with cosmic radiation on the 7 month trip.

Oh well, maybe they can pull it off.

mars-one.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Here's an introduction film to their project:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Star and flag for starting a thread that is in no way connected to the "Batman Shooting." They seem to be a legitimate operation, although I suspect they are over-optimistic. Here is a direct link to their web page:

mars-one.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Heck.. Why not? Google has that X-prize for a moon rover, and that is obviously looking at a private effort to accomplish it. Mars would be worlds apart (pun intended lol) but with enough money and the right very intelligent people deciding to get behind it? Heck..The NASA Meatball isn't magical or something. If a Private concern can match the talent and ability. I wish them luck!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceBoy97

The private sector will be able to do things twice as fast as NASA and at half the cost.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Im actually thinking of signing up. i mean what the heck who wouldnt want to live on another planet. and i read somewhere on the site that there will be a shielded part of the ship that the settlers will remain cramped up in for a while. lets hope nobody farts.

new topics

top topics

join