It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the TSA? Where's the checkpoint??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I drove my daughter to El Paso the other day, to put her on an Amtrak train back home. We got there OK, using the Tom-Tom (useful in town, not so much over-the-road), which we only switched on at the outskirts of town. The train station is from like, 1903, a very handsome building. The parking was crowded, but free. We went up the steps into the building with a smile from one of the staff. We took a seat and waited. With the train about to arrive, we lined up with other hopeful passengers with our collective luggage. The train arrived, and we all walked out to the platform, our luggage in tow. Doors opened, people and luggage got off, we got on. I helped my daughter stow her big black bag, and got off. The conductor was only concerned that we knew we should not expect her to help with the luggage.

I took photos of the whole process, entered the train, left, hung around the platform until the train left, and all without being challenged or asked for ID. It seemed so natural, and ordinary, I did not even think about it until later. How unlike the hassles at the El Paso airport!

Bus stations are the same - no security checks, no TSA. What's up with that??

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Even though they're the "Transportation" Security Administration, their primary mandate is airport security and aviation screening. A very small portion of their budget goes to screening for other modes of transportation.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Well they haven't flown trains or buses into buildings yet. You should know that the government is reactive not proactive. They won't do anything about security until something happens....and then everyone will scream that their rights are being taken away.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Well they haven't flown trains or buses into buildings yet. You should know that the government is reactive not proactive. They won't do anything about security until something happens....and then everyone will scream that their rights are being taken away.

Too true, but I haven't seen a flying train or bus lately.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Too true, but I haven't seen a flying train or bus lately.

If you do, call me, cuz i want some of whatever youre smoking

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I don't smoke,
sorry.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Why asking for more TSA interference in your life? Do you enjoy the pat downs and having your groin fondled? Perhaps you feel you are missing out on a cancer risk with you not smoking and you want to be irradiated more often?

Anyway I wouldn't worry, America's police state will be coming to a train station near you soon enough
its all in the plan, one step at a time

top topics

join