It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring dream setting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hey all!

So, for the past few years, I have consistently dreamed about a "Winter Town". The town is always the same, but the events that happen in the dreams range from normal, mundane stuff, to epic apocalyptic missions. I used to kind of lucid dream when I was younger, after being plagued by recurring dreams of drowning. Every time I drowned in my dreams I realized I could breathe underwater. The panic would go away and the dream would continue. But with my Winter Town dreams I never clue into the fact that I'm dreaming.

Since I've dreamed of this winter town for a few years, I've gotten to know it pretty well. Hell, I could probably draw a map! It's always winter there, even when it's summer in my "real life". There are rows of small houses, almost like little cottages. I know each and every alley in between the houses, almost as if I've lived there my whole life. There's a hill to the east (I think), and on top there's a great big cathedral-ish building made of glass. I'm certain it's not a church, but it's a very foreboding and lonely place. A greenhouse, perhaps? To the north sits a mountain that has a tobogganing run and a ski hill.

The main focus of the town is a massive cliff with a fence guarding it. At the bottom of the cliff is a tiny little tropical beach, almost a speck since the cliff is so high. All you can see aside from the beach is ocean. When I first started dreaming of this town, I was always drawn to the cliff. I would find myself standing on the fence with my arms outstretched "Titanic style". In a few dreams I've jumped over it, only to wake up just before I hit the ocean. In one dream I launched over it on my snowboard and then panicked as the water rushed up at me.

My question is this - does anyone else have dreams in the same setting with different events? I'm beginning to think this Winter Town could be a real place, either in this world or another. Maybe it could even be a town I lived in during a past life? Or is it just some fabrication that my mind enjoys?

Any constructive input is welcome. I love deciphering dreams!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Saphira

The thing that strikes me as odd is the the tropical beach
in the same area as the winter town.
Perhaps the beach has something to do with the recurring drowning dream.
Maybe you were from the winter town and drowned or nearly drowned at some
beach in the tropics.?
Try wearing a bathing suit to bed and see what kind of dreams you have then.
And no, I'm not trying to be funny.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RavenSpeaks

I would think I would have a very uncomfortable sleep...

I also find the beach an interesting addition to the winter town. I always kind of thought maybe since the town was so high up it was colder than the beach. Kind of like the snow caps on mountains.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Saphira

Yep. Most of my profound dreams with important messages take place in my parent's house where I grew up. The really important dreams, often in forms of nightmares, start in my old bedroom where all my dreams began.

I've had some epic battles in that neighbourhood. There was one dream that was like a scene out of LOTR with dragons, orcs and other mythical creatures. Sometimes I wish I had a video camera in my brain to record some of these dreams. What a story they would tell!

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Although I haven't had a recurring dream of a place I've never been, I do often dream of my old, super-strict military-boarding school I attended when I was younger. Usually in my dream I've for some reason chosen to go back, as if I had missed it, and each time I curse myself for being so stupid in doing so (I hated it there). Nothing ever really happens specifically, just me going around different parts of the campus, usually a different part each time I dream.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Saphira

Can't say that I've heard of consistent locations all that often. There's usually a lot of variation to any dream location.

Have you tried to locate it on Google Earth? Maybe there are some clues, architecture, clothing styles, language, local flora and fauna, something that will help narrow down your search.

Originally posted by scheezy
Although I haven't had a recurring dream of a place I've never been, I do often dream of my old, super-strict military-boarding school I attended when I was younger. Usually in my dream I've for some reason chosen to go back, as if I had missed it, and each time I curse myself for being so stupid in doing so (I hated it there). Nothing ever really happens specifically, just me going around different parts of the campus, usually a different part each time I dream.

Do those dreams happen during times when you are sick of going to work? I always dream of skipping school when I'm working too much.
edit on 24-7-2012 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join