It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico UFO - 20th July 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by gavron

Exactly....it moves like a balloon, it looks like a balloon...chances are, its a balloon.

I posted a load of balloon videos a few months back as an experiment, and 90% of comments were saying, yup its aliens...and they had seen the same thing. So we can conclude from this that 90% of people are easily convinced despite very poor footage, and are willing to believe anything they are shown.

Unless they were being sarcastic and just playing along. This is a frikkin balloon.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberalSceptic
I would like to see this balloon video stabilized.
Anyone knows how to do it?

I'll fix it for you. Hey Jose'! Stop pulling the string!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
at 2:28.....it banks right and stabilizes. The fins are retractable. That thing is not a balloon.

Seriously?? You see retractable fins?

Wow...just, wow...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Okay, This is a really cool video. First off, it seems that most folks agree it is a solid object and not CGI. But what is it? balloon does seem to be a logical conclusion, and if so it falls under the category of "man I want one of those" kind of neat things. But as someone else already identified, the object appears to maintain a certain amount of horizontal stability, so maybe there is more to this balloon than meets the eye.

I am going to have to watch this video again, but regardless, it is one of the better vids I have seen for a while.

Oh, and for those who say, " if it looks like a balloon and moves like a balloon...". Check out NARCAP.org's Project Sphere. These things definitely look like balloons...but aren't.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I wasnt sure at first, watched the video twice, I think the 'retractable fins' are flaps of mylar that are flapping in the wind, I didnt see any thickness to them to say they were solid.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
yes that seems fake!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If that's a "UFO", it has to be one of the worst drivers in the universe or it's drunk.

You can see it's a balloon just by the way that it acts. It tumbles in all different directions and spins around to the opposite side. Add to that the sun reflecting off silver Mylar, you get a balloon.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Let's get back to the "balloon's" movement. To me it appeared to be turning in a tight circle...now that is interesting. What I can't see is the area around this sighting, in other words, are there obstructions to the flow of the air to cause the object to rotate as it appears to do. Because once a balloon is aloft, it is purely a captive of the wind currents. So is there an obstruction to cause the wind current to circle like I see in the video.

But to play debunker, here's a clip from the "Ballon Boy" incident in Colorado a fe years ago. Balloon Boy You Tube Video. The balloon in this case does rotate around it's center of gravity.

I wish the image was more stable so I could determine whether or not the object in this video is rotating around it's center of gravity, or if it is maneuvering in a tight circle. I still see a tight circle movement, which leads me to think, not a balloon...unless it is a remote control lighter than air craft.

Too many questions, not enough answers.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeBarna
Let's get back to the "balloon's" movement. To me it appeared to be turning in a tight circle...now that is interesting. What I can't see is the area around this sighting, in other words, are there obstructions to the flow of the air to cause the object to rotate as it appears to do. Because once a balloon is aloft, it is purely a captive of the wind currents. So is there an obstruction to cause the wind current to circle like I see in the video.

But to play debunker, here's a clip from the "Ballon Boy" incident in Colorado a fe years ago. Balloon Boy You Tube Video. The balloon in this case does rotate around it's center of gravity.

I wish the image was more stable so I could determine whether or not the object in this video is rotating around it's center of gravity, or if it is maneuvering in a tight circle. I still see a tight circle movement, which leads me to think, not a balloon...unless it is a remote control lighter than air craft.

Too many questions, not enough answers.

Still a UFO? A bloated green one at that.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by gavron

Exactly....it moves like a balloon, it looks like a balloon...chances are, its a balloon.

I posted a load of balloon videos a few months back as an experiment, and 90% of comments were saying, yup its aliens...and they had seen the same thing. So we can conclude from this that 90% of people are easily convinced despite very poor footage, and are willing to believe anything they are shown.

Unless they were being sarcastic and just playing along. This is a frikkin balloon.

Really - a balloon? Not saying it couldn't be but when the video pulls out it's easy to tell the object is massive and if it would have to be some kind of motorized or RC object with advanced propulsion because the object is clearly making right turns and intelligent movements... the climbs and turns don't look like the product of wind currents.
edit on 24-7-2012 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11

reply to post by gavron

Really - a balloon? Not saying it couldn't be but when the video pulls out it's easy to tell the object is massive and if it would have to be some kind of motorized or RC object with advanced propulsion because the object is clearly making right turns and intelligent movements... the climbs and turns don't look like the product of wind currents.
edit on 24-7-2012 by kronos11 because: (no reason given)

LOL It doesn't climb and turn...it flips and flops. Completely out of control on the wind.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

LOL It doesn't climb and turn...it flips and flops. Completely out of control on the wind.

I agree. If it's under control, they must have been partying all night long,

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It's obviously a balloon of extraterrestrial origins.

Seriously, for every new claim, there is always a group of unwavering believers that will swear it's aliens no matter what....however unlikely or ridiculous it may seem.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

You haven't seen many of these foil-like "happy birthday" balloons in the air, have you?

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

You can even get GIANT ufo balloons now that looks like this SOURCE:

18 feet wide, 7.5 feet tall, yours for just under $900.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
A balloon or not a balloon, that is the question. Sorry all, I thought a nice opening statement would be a good attention grabber.

The only reason I am continuing to post on this thread is to try to explain a possibility. Simply look at the still image gleaned from the video and you immediately think, wow, this has got to be a mylar balloon. But in the report, Project Sphere, there are images (check page 23) that look just like a perfectly round, shiny silver balloon. I am here to tell you that I saw such a sphere at relatively close range, 150 yards while it was no more than 200 feet above the ground. Here is what I posted on the subject a few years ago, ATS Post on Silver Spheres for years I thought I had seen a balloon acting very strangely when in fact it was more than that.

So is this object acting strangely relative to how we would expect it to act when affected by the wind alone? Some of us say yes, others of us say no. To me, it is not about what it looks like, but how it is moving, that's why a stabilized copy of the video showing the object's precise movement would be REALLY helpful.

Again, looking at the image and seeing a shiny silver object should not immediately lead you to think it is a balloon, there are many sightings of silver objects over the years. Another case is documented in Leslie Kean's book, UFOs, Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record where a Peruvian Mig Pilot engages a large silver sphere to the point where the Mig fires at it.

This could very well be a balloon, but before I sign it off as such, I am going to be open to other possiblities.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Okay, here's a plausible solution, this is a YouTube video of a US spy blimp taken in New Jersey. Anybody else see the resemblance? New Jersey Spy Blimp

edit on 8/10/2012 by JoeBarna because: Adding YouTube link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join