It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you rerework the gun laws in the USA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
I sleep better at night knowing criminals might think twice before crossing the threshold of my house because they might take a shotgun slug to the chest.

So lets take the guns away from the non criminals so the criminals know they have the upper hand.

So have all the home invasions and robberies stopped then ?? due to criminals knowing they might be shot ....i don't think so ....there more likely to bring a gun to the robbery i think is more to the point

E

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Ok let’s say everybody is armed

At a sports event between two rival teams.

Everyone in the crowd has a gun.

One of the fans has an argument with a fan form the opposing side resulting in one guy getting shot, so his mates all shoot at the other guy and then his mates shoot back. The armed police then shoot into the crowd to at the gun fight taking place. Soon the shooting spreads with the crowd shooting at each other with the police in the middle. I recon by the end of it you would find a lot of dead people left in the sports stadium.

What about if they were on a plane over a populated area.

What about armed gangs robbing homes.

What about a domestic terrorist group getting radical over all the violence and deciding that the government is the problem and attempting to raid the white house.

Face it you give every living adult a hand gun to carry around with them every day pretty soon people are going to start having shoot outs in the mall.

The idea that more guns is the solution to what is clearly become a serious gun control problem in America is going to fix the problem is beyond stupid in my opinion.

edit on 21-7-2012 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

Originally posted by Zaanny
I sleep better at night knowing criminals might think twice before crossing the threshold of my house because they might take a shotgun slug to the chest.

So lets take the guns away from the non criminals so the criminals know they have the upper hand.

So have all the home invasions and robberies stopped then ?? due to criminals knowing they might be shot ....i don't think so ....there more likely to bring a gun to the robbery i think is more to the point

E

I am sure there would be more if the citizens were not armed

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Almost a carbon copt of a response I previusly made,...
I would make two laws, there is no regulation or law on any firearm.
(note) grenades are not firearms.
Second law, any wishing to pass a gun law must fight unarmed to the death an armed person of the peoples choosing.
Everything is legal, open or concealed carry short barrels, unlimitted magazine caps, silencers, full auto, everything goes.
Sure initially there might be a couple of shootings but, it is expected the dumb willl die off anyway.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by coven83

One of the fans has an argument with a fan form the opposing side resulting in one guy getting shot, so his mates all shoot at the other guy and then his mates shoot back. The armed police then shoot into the crowd to at the gun fight taking place. Soon the shooting spreads with the crowd shooting at each other with the police in the middle. I recon by the end of it you would find a lot of dead people left in the sports stadium.

What about a domestic terrorist group getting radical over all the violence and deciding that the government is the problem and attempting to raid the white house.

Face it you give every living adult a hand gun to carry around with them every day pretty soon people are going to start having shoot outs in the mall.

Total truth!!!
E

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

reply to post by coven83

Again you assume that Americans are a "barbaric" nation/people. You know nothing of this country.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

Ignore it, because I disagree with you?

hmmmm.

There are sick people in the World. If someone wants to do harm, to another, they are going to do it. Maybe we need to ban people, from blowing themselves up also. That happens regularly now too.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven83

reply to post by coven83

Again you assume that Americans are a "barbaric" nation/people. You know nothing of this country.

Is that your best argument ..."you know nothing of this country "....your country is there for all to see my friend...
E

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I prescribe to the idea that a crime needs to have a victim.

Simple ownership and carry of an object, any object by anyone, does not create victims.

It's absurd that a thing is so regulated.

In a free society liberty must be assumed. Without the assumption of liberty we are all under tyranny.
edit on 21-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Guns are a tool that kill people fast ! owning high powered guns in 2012 is not needed by the average joes ....

E

How are you people so in love with your monarchy and your politicians?
Yhese same people send you off to die but you prefer to be unarmed.
You know the queen is not disarmed, why would you want to be at their will as such?
I just cannot understand the utter stockholm syndrome of it all.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

Mass murder is mass murder. Doesn't matter how it is carried out. It happens most everywhere.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Everybody would be permitted to open carry at all times and in all circumstances. On airplanes, passengers would be required to load frangible ammunition.

OMG lol really?....would everyone be made to wear a cowboy hat and spurs too....

What does one have to with the other? I'll bet no one would attempt to hijack an airplane with a box cutter if people took responsibility for their own safety. I'll also bet the Colorado shooter would have been dead of multiple gunshot wounds before he'd fired his first clip, too. When you ban guns all you succeed in doing is creating a bunch of unarmed citizens (also known as targets)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The discussion on gun control after the Aurora shootings was started here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join